J&S12

July Interview Dates Open for London

348 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

It is such a joke that they updated the embassy website and all it says is they "are working on it"  and if your case has already left NVC and made it to the embassy  they might be able to schedule you an emergency appointment. Obviously nothing left NVC after March except for the expedites. I am glad that people with emergency circumstances are finally getting their appointments but if they can do that they can certainly start having routine "mission critical" interviews. I just feel like people in the middle of immigration processes have been totally forgotten about, unless they are being demonized. (I know complaining isn't productive but it feels good to rant now and again!)

We can complain. I’m sure there are others who’s anxiety is through the roof. 

I’m in a position where I got an expedite just as lockdown went in place and was told once they resume they will schedule me. 

So give us a date you’re resuming.!!!!!

if it’s the end of the month - fine! At least we’re not sitting here not sleeping, and checking forums and websites daily! 

Maybe they will release another statement when Pompeo comes with a date!!! 

Just give us a date you’re resuming for crying out loud

ok I’m done now 

I’ve had two responses - one from the Embassy and one from NVC

Embassy - we can’t answer questions about cases still at NVC, ask NVC.

NVC - You’re in the queue but we can’t tell you when the embassy will open slots for interviews. 

Greaaaaat. 

Edited by Eladnolnod

1 hour ago, Sarahbmalvin said:

Apparently Pompeo is visiting the UK and Denmark on either the 21st or the 24th to discuss coronavirus recovery plans. Maybe something will come out of that?

https://www.state.gov/secretary-pompeos-travel-to-the-uk-and-denmark/

Don't give me another deadline to wish for.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've gotten my hopes up too much that I am either waiting for a this administration to leave office and for some laws to be change OR for coronavirus to be totally under control which i dont think is likely until a vaccine comes out.  They aren't giving us a deadline because they cannot commit to one.  The UK is already preparing for a second wave come winter.  To avoid disappointment and making useless plans I'm thinking we'll get it sometime next year spring or summer hopefully and if it happens before that, great!

1 hour ago, shallot343 said:

It is such a joke that they updated the embassy website and all it says is they "are working on it"  and if your case has already left NVC and made it to the embassy  they might be able to schedule you an emergency appointment. Obviously nothing left NVC after March except for the expedites. I am glad that people with emergency circumstances are finally getting their appointments but if they can do that they can certainly start having routine "mission critical" interviews. I just feel like people in the middle of immigration processes have been totally forgotten about, unless they are being demonized. (I know complaining isn't productive but it feels good to rant now and again!)

Complain as much as you want. I've had enough of this process all the way.

When we first filed for our CR1, I remember I watched so many youtube videos on success stories and I read through almost every thread here. I was so excited and I remember thinking "Oh? Eight months waiting? That's nothing. That's how long we waited to see each other for the first time!" and then we got told we were going to Nebraska, eight months turned into a year and now here we are, stuck in limbo. I am so done with this. I have put my entire life on hold for this, I was planning to go back to school (I am a Carpenter/Roofer by trade, I left school at 16 to go to an apprenticeship) but I put it off after we filed for obvious reasons, I haven't had a full time job since September 2019, yes... seriously, I just do temp work now cause what's the point of getting a full time position, I haven't practiced my trade since, I could get my interview next month if everything was done well by the embassy! I moved back in with my parents and got rid of my apartment when we got moved to NVC cause my lease ran out, so now I'm stuck here too. I think I've had enough of shut up and wait. If you knew me in person I am the type that will always be fine with shutting up and waiting, I can't believe I hit a breaking point.

Getting that out felt good and it was pretty productive honestly. I feel much worse for the K-1's though cause we'll be prioritized over them when it reopens.

But yes, the embassy literally could start having mission critical interviews. I don't know what is stopping them, yes, in March, it was 10k cases a day, 1k deaths a day. It was very scary, I remember being at work and thinking okay fair enough, it's not safe. It is so much safer now than it was then, more science is out and if they care that much I will literally buy the whole PPE set, face guard, gloves, an apron. Just let me have my TEN MINUTE INTERVIEW. 

10 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

. I am so done with this. I have put my entire life on hold for this

I know exactly how you feel! i moved back to the US in Fall 2018 from London  to start the process (stupid me - I didn’t know about DCF!) and my partner and I prepared for a year’s wait. We got Texas SC and thought we were golden but USCIS lost my passport photos and didn’t send us an RFE until I asked for it directly which put us back almost 4 months. We were approved over a year after filing. Since I moved back I’ve put everything off because I want to share things with my partner. We’ve both been in miserable limbo. He hasn’t progressed in his career because like you said- what’s the point if you might leave soon. I’ve put off getting an apartment. And now we are a world away from each other in the middle of a global crisis. A year felt manageable but not knowing if we are even going to see each other in person until next spring is heartbreaking, and I just feel like my whole life is on pause waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are giving it until September, when my leave to remain in the UK is up. If there is no news, updates or movement by then we are just going to start the process for me to move to the UK instead of waiting for the US to get it’s together. 

Edited by Sarahbmalvin

I think all those waiting for a new president are naive to how government works. If nothing is heard by the end of August then we are just going to get ceremonially married (which matters for us as we are religious) then ill spend the 3 months on the tourist visa till she finishes her job in December or the embassy finally resumes K1 (whichever comes first) then if they still haven't started processing again by December because of some 2nd wave rubbish or they engineer some other boogeyman then we will just go travel, live and work in a south american country for a while. Depends how down the drain the US gets with politicians of both parties' concerted effort to destroy america.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarahbmalvin said:

We are giving it until September, when my leave to remain in the UK is up. If there is no news, updates or movement by then we are just going to start the process for me to move to the UK instead of waiting for the US to get it’s together. 

Do you know if the home office is processing fiancé or spouse visas now?

US Embassy UK updated their website again and it still says the same-- no routine services, only CR-1/2, IR-1/2 and E-3 can be processed (even though they clearly are NOT doing that), no date for resuming services, etc.  Looks like the only real update is that already issued F-1 and M-1's do not need to seek a national interest exemption, mirroring the new information from DoS about who is exempt under the travel and labor market bans. 

The FAQ page has to be like 2000 words long now but it still doesn't have any useful information on it. 🙄

https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/#faq02

We've also been tempted to move my partner back here to the UK rather than wait borderline indefinitely. Unfortunately due to the 6 month payslips requirement We have to wait another three and a half months to apply as until two months ago I'd been out of work visiting the states and getting everything ready to move soon. We'll probably just go for whichever route brings us together soonest.

Plus.. the NHS is a huge bonus..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.