Nature Boy 2.0

Video posted online as DA says case of Georgia man who was chased and killed will go to grand jurry

28 posts in this topic

Looks like we got Trayvon part 2  down in Ga.

Supposed good kid peacefully jogging when chased, confronted and gunned down by white man and son.

No charges initially but going to grand jury after pressure.

Some take aways

Did the learn nothing from the Traynon case. Why would they chase the kid with a loaded weapon. 

I bet it turns out the kid is not the angel being portrayed in the press

Per the video, why would you charge a man with a shotgun 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/ahmaud-arbery-jogging-georgia-shooting/index.html

11 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Looks like we got Trayvon part 2  down in Ga.

Supposed good kid peacefully jogging when chased, confronted and gunned down by white man and son.

No charges initially but going to grand jury after pressure.

Some take aways

Did the learn nothing from the Traynon case. Why would they chase the kid with a loaded weapon. 

I bet it turns out the kid is not the angel being portrayed in the press

Per the video, why would you charge a man with a shotgun 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/ahmaud-arbery-jogging-georgia-shooting/index.html

The video evidence should make a big difference here compared to the former case.. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

The video evidence should make a big difference here compared to the former case.. 

Yeah I watched the video and it looks to me like there was some type of altercation before the final altercation. Also it looks like he might have went after the older guy because the man was confronting him with a rifle in hand. So his fight or flight might have kicked in and he decided to fight

3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I really don't care about it being Trayvon 2.0 honestly because this has a better chance of them being convicted as they should be. I saw the video and it made them out to be awful. I don't care if you have a record or not, you should never be gunned down for running/walking on the side of the road

Of course I am not saying this kid deserved to be shot, just pointing out how similar it is to the Trayvon case.

3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

True that. Much like Trayvon,  why in hades would you determine someone is guilty and go chase them with weapons.  The dad was a former cop. He should know better.

Part 2 is. Why would you charge someone with a gun pointed at you 

2 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Georgia have the death penalty? Save the taxpayers long term housing of these idiors

Yes it does but takes forever.  I dont think its a death penalty case. 

52 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Part 2 is. Why would you charge someone with a gun pointed at you. 

Fight or Flight is our instinct.... so I guess he was going to fight. 

2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Fight or Flight is our instinct.... so I guess he was going to fight. 

I guess. Its going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

I just cant imagine somebody thinking its a good idea to stop a jogger at gunpoint 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Fight or Flight is our instinct

Perhaps freeze, fight or flight... watch most animals.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Perhaps freeze, fight or flight... watch most animals.

Everyone involved made poor choices 

3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Everyone involved made poor choices 

Supposedly two proscutors in the town have had to recuse themselves due to conflict of interests. 

GBI was called in and they were almost immediately arrested and charged with murder 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as a gun owner for over 45 years, i cannot see where these two yahoos in a pickup felt they had any justification for their actions.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

19 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

GBI was called in and they were almost immediately arrested and charged with murder 

As they should be.... You don't go off and follow someone with firearms and then kill him expecting to be let off the hook. This should have been done months ago