Neonred

What's It Like Where You Are Now That We Are Begining The Transition Back To Normal?

116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wondering what it is like where you are now that many of us are begining the long process of returning to normal life. 

Here there has been a noticeable increase in traffic and the shops and outlet mall parking lots are full.  I'm still wearing a mask when I go shopping, but not everyone is.  As of May 4 elective medical and dental procedures will be allowed, but I'm going to hold out until the original date of May 8 in my office.  I'll still be in the office taking care of the emergencies and anything else that comes up day to day.  Still waiting on my KN95 masks, but have not had them for this entire time and have been in the office every day and seeing emergencies. 

The beaches opened two days ago and it seems everyone is following social distance guidelines.

The Keys are still closed to nonresidents mostly because of the fear of sick people from Miami and Ft Lauderdale coming down.  Had been talk about keeping people out through June but that's going to be just horrible for businesses.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

In Alberta things are starting to get back to normal (but that's social life, most things are still shut down), a lot more people on the street, but it's also coincidentally when the weather is warming up substantially. 

My daughter isn't going back to third grade, I believe, and it makes no sense to, since they're about at the end of the year. Her charter school has a different campus for the higher grades she'll be going to next year. so she's likely going to get upset when it hits her that she won't be seeing that staff again, so we've already mentally prepared for what's coming. 

The home schooling thing has definitely added more stress, and part of it is the disorganized way the schools deployed this. It's hard to fault low end people though for the decisions made by government and higher-ups with no plans in place. Government caused chaos hurts everyone.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

The point of lockdown measures have yet to be eased in the UK however there is more traffic on the roads despite only a small increase in people being out on the streets. What I gather on my drive to and back from work anyways. So it seems people are being more comfortable in going out although social distancing is the new norm. I think the government are welcoming these small changes although resolute in saying they don't want to make official changes too quick. Some supermarkets are handling physical distancing better than others but I only shop in the priority healthcare hours. Advising masks to be worn might make people feel comfortable in going out whilst "feeling protected" and remind them of social distancing.

Our ICU is slowly getting back to "normal" with a COVID and NOVID side. Prior to this it was an over abundance of COVID patients with a handful of non COVID.

Edited by Xyrstine

Timeline
8 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

The point of lockdown measures have yet to be eased in the UK however there is more traffic on the roads despite only a small increase in people being out on the streets. What I gather on my drive to and back from work anyways. So it seems people are being more comfortable in going out although social distancing is the new norm. I think the government are welcoming these small changes although resolute in saying they don't want to make official changes too quick. Some supermarkets are handling physical distancing better than others but I only shop in the priority healthcare hours. Advising masks to be worn might make people feel comfortable in going out whilst "feeling protected" and remind them of social distancing.

Our ICU is slowly getting back to "normal" with a COVID and NOVID side. Prior to this it was an over abundance of COVID patients with a handful of non COVID.

Are people without Covid comfortable coming to a hospital right now?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Most people are staying away but the ones that do come tend to be the ones that need it. It is advised for them to still come in for emergency care.

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

For many of the people who came in last week, I don't think comfort was a consideration. They were waiting for elective procedures a month ago, but I don't think these were elective any more. 

I would still avoid anything routine myself, but we still have no visitor access, screening at all entrances, masks mandatory and symptomatic patients going to ER go through a separate and isolated triage area. If I have to go to another department, there is often no one in the hallways. At the moment, I actually worry more about my chances of being exposed when I'm out grocery shopping.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Florida is starting to open up tomorrow.  But Palm Beach County will not.  So things are about the same around here.  I really miss the beach but honestly would not go even if it was open.  

20 hours ago, Neonred said:

Wondering what it is like where you are now that many of us are begining the long process of returning to normal life. 

Here there has been a noticeable increase in traffic and the shops and outlet mall parking lots are full.  I'm still wearing a mask when I go shopping, but not everyone is.  As of May 4 elective medical and dental procedures will be allowed, but I'm going to hold out until the original date of May 8 in my office.  I'll still be in the office taking care of the emergencies and anything else that comes up day to day.  Still waiting on my KN95 masks, but have not had them for this entire time and have been in the office every day and seeing emergencies. 

The beaches opened two days ago and it seems everyone is following social distance guidelines.

The Keys are still closed to nonresidents mostly because of the fear of sick people from Miami and Ft Lauderdale coming down.  Had been talk about keeping people out through June but that's going to be just horrible for businesses.

The one thing I really forgot was how bad traffic was here. We had a huge issue with speeding when there was less traffic. Speed limit is 65mph and lots of people were going ~80. Last week we still had a bunch of people doing 80, but another group doing about 45. It was nuts. I'm sure all those insurance refunds will be going back soon in premium increases.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

The one thing I really forgot was how bad traffic was here. We had a huge issue with speeding when there was less traffic. Speed limit is 65mph and lots of people were going ~80. Last week we still had a bunch of people doing 80, but another group doing about 45. It was nuts. I'm sure all those insurance refunds will be going back soon in premium increases.

Been seeing that here too.  Of course our speed limits are a little higher at 70, and everybody does well over that on any normal day, but a few weeks ago coming across the state on alligator alley just going with the flow I looked down and saw we were all doing over 90.   Edit to say that 80 is considered normal here.

Sure made the trip a bit quicker however.

Edited by Neonred

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Nothing normal here. It's the new normal. Working from home, finding what little goods are available at the store. Masks ordered to be worn at all times. Stores ridiculously crowded with hoarders that do not care one bit about keeping distance. Take out and restaurants doing carryout are doing a bigger business than  I've ever seen in my life. It was in the mid-70s today, I can only imagine what will happen to people when we reach the boiling days of 100 degrees and max humidity and wearing a mask. I finally found a dentist that would see me, he didn't seem concerned in the slightest, wasn't really taking precautions, and I assume he's getting tons of customers. I may have left in a worse condition than how I started... my dentist is going to get an earful when he finally opens. School system is really a mess and they still haven't made a decision. The problem is a lot of kids in this state just don't have internet service and it doesn't matter if you're rural or in the city.

6 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Don't forget it's hard to get an Englishman to go to the ER on a good day. 😉 It might bother the doctor they could be very busy afterall, perhaps that bone sticking out of my skin isn't so bad and will go away on it's own, might head in the direction of the ER and get distracted by some chips. That sort of thing. It's a hard habit to break. 😉

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 hour ago, Neonred said:

Been seeing that here too.  Of course our speed limits are a little higher at 70, and everybody does well over that on any normal day, but a few weeks ago coming across the state on alligator alley just going with the flow I looked down and saw we were all doing over 90.   Edit to say that 80 is considered normal here.

I was always around driving around 50 when I was down in Florida, but I'm not really in a hurry when I'm on vacation. I think you can kind of tell who is a tourist and who is local in Florida just by the speed they are going. Here I'm not sure what the reason is. I used to think it was the MJ, but now I think we just have a lot of bad drivers.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I was always around driving around 50 when I was down in Florida,

I was talking about speed limits on interstate highways.

Sure hope you were not doing 50 there!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
7 hours ago, Neonred said:

Yeah, I don't see an issue with 80. Here it's not too different as it was never as quiet as some places got. There was a pretty big(~50%) drop in traffic for a few days right after the stay at home order, but within a few days it seemed like it was back to 70-80%. And now...it's pretty much business as usual. One thing I noticed was that even when there was less traffic, drivers were just as horrible. Seemed like all the good ones stayed home.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!