1,612 posts in this topic

Folks you need to give  USCIS 30 solid working days, they will get back to you.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, AOKS said:

I have received a SECOND rejection notice-- for the same reason: The payment amount is incorrect. 

The first time I submitted the AOS package with a check to US Dept Of Homeland Security for 1225. 

The second I submitted my credit card information, thinking perhaps they could not read my handwriting. 

What am I missing here?? 

We are filing:

i-485

i-864

i-765

i-131

Try

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Do not abbreviate petty I know  but that's the government.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 hours ago, Eg8835 said:

Hi all, finally found this May AOS thread. Our concurrent I130 & I485 application was received by Chicago Lockbox on May 13 and we still haven't heard anything back. Does anyone else experience this? We called USCIS and was told to wait for 30 full days and lockbox hasn't replied either. We are getting anxious, your feedback is extremely appreciated! 

Give them 30 solid working days!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received all 3 of our NOA1‘s in the mail today (I-485, I-765, and I-131) so I’m excited that we have passed the first of many phases. 

Could someone please tell me what the next uscis.gov status is after “fingerprint fee received” on the I-485? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Forrest Fire said:

We received all 3 of our NOA1‘s in the mail today (I-485, I-765, and I-131) so I’m excited that we have passed the first of many phases. 

Could someone please tell me what the next uscis.gov status is after “fingerprint fee received” on the I-485? 

wait for your biometrics appointment letter in the mail

17 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Try

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Do not abbreviate petty I know  but that's the government.

I sent the credit card authorization slip with the second submission, I don't have to enter any "To" on it, so this is really frustrating. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, AOKS said:

I have received a SECOND rejection notice-- for the same reason: The payment amount is incorrect. 

The first time I submitted the AOS package with a check to US Dept Of Homeland Security for 1225. 

The second I submitted my credit card information, thinking perhaps they could not read my handwriting. 

What am I missing here?? 

We are filing:

i-485

i-864

i-765

i-131

Did you include, in each of your cover letters that you were filing the forms concurrently?  I wonder if they were unaware and therefore expected to receive an additional fee for the I-765 or I-131.

Edited by Brklyn Belle

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all - My lawyer told me he sent my package on 5/20/20. I’m a New York filer. We are already in June, I haven’t received any text or mail and I asked him if he did receive anything from USCIS and nothing as well. Is this normal ? Do people are in similar situation here ? Should I start to worry? Is there anyway from me to verify that my documents have in fact been sent ? Because from what I’m reading here after 14 days we should have at least received a text or something. 

Thank you you in advance for your answers. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Eg8835 said:

Hi all, finally found this May AOS thread. Our concurrent I130 & I485 application was received by Chicago Lockbox on May 13 and we still haven't heard anything back. Does anyone else experience this? We called USCIS and was told to wait for 30 full days and lockbox hasn't replied either. We are getting anxious, your feedback is extremely appreciated! 

Hi there - I’m in the same situation. My lawyer sent my package on 5/20/20 and I still haven’t received anything. I’m getting anxious 😩

On 6/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, Faith2020 said:

Hi there - I’m in the same situation. My lawyer sent my package on 5/20/20 and I still haven’t received anything. I’m getting anxious 😩

Yes, we are quite anxious too. We will call them tomorrow to follow up. Good luck to both of us!

On 6/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, Faith2020 said:

2 hours ago, Eg8835 said:

Yes, we are quite anxious too. We will call them tomorrow to follow up. Good luck to both of us!

Give them a solid 30 working days, it takes that long sometimes.

Citizenship Complete!

Hello guys! Yesterday i called USCIS and I talked with a costumer representative and they told me that we do not need to send I - 864 ( affidavit of support ). I asked him if he is sure about it and he said positive, if you send I- 944, the do not need I 864. I was surprised because it is opposite of all I knew. Do you guys have information about this??? 

8 minutes ago, bradoony said:

Hello guys! Yesterday i called USCIS and I talked with a costumer representative and they told me that we do not need to send I - 864 ( affidavit of support ). I asked him if he is sure about it and he said positive, if you send I- 944, the do not need I 864. I was surprised because it is opposite of all I knew. Do you guys have information about this??? 

Does not sound right, perhaps this person knows less than we know. I have heard nothing of the sort. How would  USCIS  know your financial situation if you don't  send in a I-864. Beware!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Give them a solid 30 working days, it takes that long sometimes.

I chatted with someone today and the said only 15 days for a lockbox, 30 for a USCIS center. So you're definitely in your right to call/chat and inquire about it.

6 minutes ago, mlong1397 said:

I chatted with someone today and the said only 15 days for a lockbox, 30 for a USCIS center. So you're definitely in your right to call/chat and inquire about it.

I did not say you could not call if you wanted too, by all means do so if you want. The NOA comes  from the USCIS center NOT the lockbox.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.