1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, knmuffin said:

DQ'd in less than 24 hours!!!! I am shaking, has this happened to anyone else!? 

wooooo!!! You are the lucky one. Congrats!

I submitted documents to NVC March 17 and received the email that the documents were accepted and they'll work with the Consulate/Embassy in Taiwan. 

I logged into the CEAC website and there are 2 messages for me. I tried opening, but nothing pops up so I'll wait 1-2 days and try again. But when I look down at the submitted civil documents, all the documents show Accepted except one form for a Immigration J1 document. 

If NVC needed me to resend/update that form, it would have stated clearly correct? Right now it just says Submitted. 

Just received DQ email - 

First submitted the AOS documents on March 25th. Waited for a good 2 weeks before we submitted the civil docs because we weren't able to get the police certificates so we uploaded an explanation in it's place:

image.thumb.png.d5450224ed5983ac67158f48034e90c8.png

Seems this is acceptable, hence we received the DQ and to wait till the embassy is open to schedule the interview. 

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

2 hours ago, JC&PB said:

We also submitted on Feb 28 and nothing. We received an email from them last week that they opened our case but they can’t review it because we didn’t submit everything whereas they accepted all documents on December and they’re only asking for W2 which we submitted on Feb so we got confused.

We called them and they said ignore the email and message as it is a system error. 

And everytime we asked about our case, they always say they’re still reviewing Feb 14 and no access to cases submitted on later dates. 

That is so strange. I remember issues like this when a family member had to mail documents. They would say something was missing when it wasn’t. I thought everything being electronic should be a smoother process. Still waiting to see! Goodluck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nikkidew said:

Just received DQ email - 

First submitted the AOS documents on March 25th. Waited for a good 2 weeks before we submitted the civil docs because we weren't able to get the police certificates so we uploaded an explanation in it's place:

Seems this is acceptable, hence we received the DQ and to wait till the embassy is open to schedule the interview. 

Ahhhh congratulations 🎊 it gives hope 🤞 we resubmitted our document 03/25/20

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, knmuffin said:

DQ'd in less than 24 hours!!!! I am shaking, has this happened to anyone else!? 

WOW! We were DQ'd in 2 days but this is amazing 😍

Congratulations!!!

Good day everyone! Newbie here that has been reading this forum for weeks decided to make an account. 

Congratulations to all those who have been DQ'ed!!! 

I'm currently at the NVC stage, I submitted documented 3/20/2020 and then today to test a theory that uploading something now could trigger them looking at my documents, so I  uploaded an additional document today, 5/19/2020.  It could backfire, I wanted to see. This process has been so stressful but I'm hoping we all hear something soon. 

The IV and AOS fees were taken out of the bank yesterday but they still show as "in process" online. So I called them. She said on her end it said the AOS was "in process" but that the IV fee showed as "Not paid". She said I need to submit proof of payment.

I wonder if shes wrong. Why is it showing "in process" on my end and not paid on hers?

23 minutes ago, Nikkidew said:

Just received DQ email - 

I just checked mine it says submitted, so it should change to accepted once it’s DQed.  

What is your case category? I am wondering if that affects the DQ because my date of submission is Feb 20, 2020

Edited by leo18

1 hour ago, knmuffin said:

I cannot even believe it! We submitted all our documents yesterday at 4:30pm ET, and got our DQ this morning around 9:30am ET! Our I-130 process went super quickly too, I cannot even believe this is real life, I have never been happier! 

Yes, sister! You're blessed all around! 🇬🇭

By the way, could you please update your timeline to help with tracking? Thanks sis! Congrats! Very happy for you and I pray that I experience that level of favor! Amen! 🙌

1 minute ago, leo18 said:

I just checked mine it says submitted, so it should change to accepted once it’s DQed.  

What is your case category? I am wondering if that affects the DQ because my date of submission is Feb 20, 2020

You should receive an email from NVC once your documents have been qualified. Yes, the status will change from submitted to accepted. If some docs are accepted and some are not, it likely means you will receive a RFE

My case category is spousal visa. There seems to be no pattern to how the NVC is working since it seems people with Feb submission (like you) are still waiting. I guess you should just sit tight for now. All embassies are still closed until further notice so even if you get DQ'ed today, you can't go in for an interview. It's still a waiting game.

1 minute ago, Nikkidew said:

You should receive an email from NVC once your documents have been qualified. Yes, the status will change from submitted to accepted. If some docs are accepted and some are not, it likely means you will receive a RFE

My case category is spousal visa. There seems to be no pattern to how the NVC is working since it seems people with Feb submission (like you) are still waiting. I guess you should just sit tight for now. All embassies are still closed until further notice so even if you get DQ'ed today, you can't go in for an interview. It's still a waiting game.

I guess you are right! Lol but it’s been 12 weeks and it would just nice to be ready for the next step. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.