1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, NNN_BP said:

Thank you for responding. But I have one child dependent and I am married to the beneficiary. When I try to change number 8 where it asks for you to add 1-7 it canning be changed from 1. That’s where I’m a bit confused. 

So you've added '1' in 1 and 4 (2 is defaulted to 1), and it isn't adding up to 3 automatically? I don't think it's a box you can fill in yourself. It sums it up!

1 hour ago, Anmol Yash said:

So you've added '1' in 1 and 4 (2 is defaulted to 1), and it isn't adding up to 3 automatically? I don't think it's a box you can fill in yourself. It sums it up!

Yes. When I enter 1 for myself 1 for my dependent and 1 for my spouse, it doesn’t change when I try to enter 3 for my total household size. Did you have this problem? I wouldn’t want to get a RFE for a miscalculation like this.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, NNN_BP said:

Yes. When I enter 1 for myself 1 for my dependent and 1 for my spouse, it doesn’t change when I try to enter 3 for my total household size. Did you have this problem? I wouldn’t want to get a RFE for a miscalculation like this.  

I think I had a similar issue when I was using a browser (not sure if it was Edge or Chrome). When I downloaded and used Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill it (my household size is the same as yours), it summed it up automatically. I'd give that a try or try another browser to see if this issue persists!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NNN_BP said:

have you tried downloading a fresh form? It works for me - all above numbers add up automatically in 8. Which program do you use to open PDF? Maybe the program breaks the formulas

3 minutes ago, Anmol Yash said:

I think I had a similar issue when I was using a browser (not sure if it was Edge or Chrome). When I downloaded and used Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill it (my household size is the same as yours), it summed it up automatically. I'd give that a try or try another browser to see if this issue persists!

Thank you I will try it out.

1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

have you tried downloading a fresh form? It works for me - all above numbers add up automatically in 8. Which program do you use to open PDF? Maybe the program breaks the formulas

Yes I’ve downloaded multiple new forms and it’s always the same. I even tried from my iPhone with safari and with google chrome and it’s always the same. 

Timeline
Just now, NNN_BP said:

Yes I’ve downloaded multiple new forms and it’s always the same. I even tried from my iPhone with safari and with google chrome and it’s always the same. 

that's probably the issue. Save the form local and open with adobe reader or similar. Not a web browser.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, TVC said:

My payment is "in process" but now the affidavit of support "start now" button is not greyed out. The IV documents is still greyed out.

Can I upload the AOS docs before the payment is processed?

Usually no, you have to wait for payment to process first

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, TVC said:

My payment is "in process" but now the affidavit of support "start now" button is not greyed out. The IV documents is still greyed out.

Can I upload the AOS docs before the payment is processed?

I found that the link didn't LOOK greyed out but I was still unable to click it until the payment was marked as processed. I think it took 2 or 3 days.

What if the joint sponsor file as married filing jointly she need to put his individual income, and add her husband as household income and fill her i-864a?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone, quick question again- we submitted our AOS and DS-260 this weekend, and are now just waiting for the police report (coming tomorrow) to upload and submit all civil documents... do we have to re-submit the Affidavits of Bonafide Marriage (from friends and family) or the photograph/WhatsApp documents, or does everything we submitted with our I-130 get transferred over so that NVC has access to all of that? 

On 5/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, HKS said:

I had to submit tax returns with w2s. I think standard. 

Hello guys,

Is it only the W-2  or 1099 you should include. What about if there were other sources of income like Interest etc?  

Did anyone include the proof of citizenship? It says somewhere on the form that you should but in the instructions, it said don't if you included with your original I-130 filing. 

Edited by Biola

7 minutes ago, Biola said:

Hello guys,

Is it only the W-2  or 1099 you should include. What about if there were other sources of income like Interest etc?  

Did anyone include the proof of citizenship? It says somewhere on the form that you should but in the instructions, it said don't if you included with your original I-130 filing. 

We didn't submit the proof of citizenship of the petitioner as they only asked for the form and Tax tanscript and was accepted.

We got RFE, they're requesting for the W2 of our joint sponsor as we only submitted his Tax return.

But I'm not DQ yet, so it's better to check with others just to be sure as the waiting game for NVC is frustrating :D

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Biola said:

Hello guys,

I submitted W2 and 1099 as supporting documents for my tax transcript (pretty much everything that was accounted for the gross income), as well as proof of LPR status for me (petitioner).
I saw many getting DQ without the proof of status if sponsoring alone, but for co-sponsor there seemed to be many proof of domicile RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.