Modaddy21

Need advice

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

First post. I met my Thai fiancée in Nov19 while vacationing in Thailand. I went back to see her again in Jan and Feb20. We want to do K1. My question is it says previous passports are required for packet 3. She traveled to Malaysia off and on for work as a singer. We are both scared that will be associated with “bar” and cause denial. Her passport is set to expire so she will need a new one for the K1 process. She knows two people that got K1 and didn’t mention previous passports or travel during the process.  I’d think it would be easy for them to find out about previous passports or foreign travel but maybe I’m mistaken.  I’d love to PM with people who have gotten approved K1s if possible. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Modaddy21 said:

She traveled to Malaysia off and on for work as a singer. We are both scared that will be associated with “bar” and cause denial.

What bar? and what makes you think this?

45 minutes ago, Modaddy21 said:

Hello everyone,

First post. I met my Thai fiancée in Nov19 while vacationing in Thailand. I went back to see her again in Jan and Feb20. We want to do K1. My question is it says previous passports are required for packet 3. She traveled to Malaysia off and on for work as a singer. We are both scared that will be associated with “bar” and cause denial. Her passport is set to expire so she will need a new one for the K1 process. She knows two people that got K1 and didn’t mention previous passports or travel during the process.  I’d think it would be easy for them to find out about previous passports or foreign travel but maybe I’m mistaken.  I’d love to PM with people who have gotten approved K1s if possible. 

There would be no reason for a denial or a bar because your fiancé worked in a different country occasionally. You can get denied for lying in your interview. 

Timeline

He obviously means "bar" work, as in prostitution.

You have to take your chances and be honest in the interview.

Lying on the application about not having any other passports, something they can easily search if it's in the same name, would be an automatic denial, interview or not. 

Above all, they value honesty. Although, I imagine avoiding prostitutes is probably of equal importance.

Regardless, if the travel was truly for singing, the truth will come out.

Don't short change yourself by lying.

We can do it.

event.png

26 minutes ago, alexandflash said:

He obviously means "bar" work, as in prostitution.

You have to take your chances and be honest in the interview.

Lying on the application about not having any other passports, something they can easily search if it's in the same name, would be an automatic denial, interview or not. 

Above all, they value honesty. Although, I imagine avoiding prostitutes is probably of equal importance.

Regardless, if the travel was truly for singing, the truth will come out.

Don't short change yourself by lying.

It is not obvious to everyone because the "bar" is associated with immigration. A person can have a 10 year bar from entering the country. We get asked questions regarding having a bar from entering the US all the time.

And I agree that they should never lie to immigration.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

It’s going to be tough. Does she have contracts from her singing jobs? Yes, the officer is going to assume that her trips to Malaysia are to work as a bar girl. If they were genuinely to work as a singer then she should have paperwork to back that up. 

They will likely also delve into the circumstances of how you met. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Yes, contracts would be good. Photos from performing singing. Agreed, how did you meet is always a question. And again, never lie, they have their ways of knowing... 

We can do it.

event.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, alexandflash said:

Yes, contracts would be good. Photos from performing singing. Agreed, how did you meet is always a question. And again, never lie, they have their ways of knowing... 

I bring it up because I’ve read on here that if there is a hint of working in a bar they deny you. How do they have their ways?

Timeline

Nothing crazy, but they will investigate. 

Same name second passport, seems easy.

If singing is real, just prove it. They are reasonable. 

We can do it.

event.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, alexandflash said:

Nothing crazy, but they will investigate. 

Same name second passport, seems easy.

If singing is real, just prove it. They are reasonable. 

Singing is real. But at a bar like most live bands or groups. I’ve read on here and other places that any mention of a bar or even if they suspect she works in a bar it’s a hard pass. 

2 hours ago, Modaddy21 said:

Singing is real. But at a bar like most live bands or groups. I’ve read on here and other places that any mention of a bar or even if they suspect she works in a bar it’s a hard pass. 

Well it doesn't matter. If she worked in a bar she will have to tell them if asked. It is what it is. And no point in even considering trying to hide it.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
9 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

There would be no reason for a denial or a bar because your fiancé worked in a different country occasionally. You can get denied for lying in your interview. 

Seems to be a Thailand thing. If they think she worked in a bar they deny. Looking for anyone with experience of approval or denial. 

15 minutes ago, Modaddy21 said:

Seems to be a Thailand thing. If they think she worked in a bar they deny. Looking for anyone with experience of approval or denial. 

No, the same is said for the Philippines as well if they met in a bar. I have heard of a case on here where they met in a bar and the guy actually submitted pictures of them in a bar as "proof of their relationship". Because as you know of the pitfalls of who actually works in a bar (Not singers) in the SEA region then you know what I mean.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 hours ago, Modaddy21 said:

Hello everyone,

Which ban are you talking about?  Could you rephrase your questions please

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.