PollyC

I-751 May 2020 Filers

794 posts in this topic

hi folks, i think my i751 waiver is delaying my n400.

my n400 is pending for 14months(tampa) and i'm waiting for interview.

i don't know why and i'm depressed.

my i751 didn't get transferred. (june 2020 filler). last update was fingerprints taken.

any idea what is happening and what should i do or expect?

any similar experiences?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 4/15/2022 at 8:29 PM, da95826 said:

We have an appointment for a n400 interview on May 16th at the Sacramento field office, this came as a surprise while it's been 11 months since we filed the n400 we were expecting a longer wait, maybe up to a year as Sacramento is a slow field office taking up to two years to schedule an interview. 

No word yet on the i751 (not even ready to schedule an interview notice) . We are hoping it is a combo interview but no notice yet on any action on the i751 case.

My only concern is they will not have the i751 file at the same time as the n400 interview to adjudicate both.

Got an update from USCIS about a service inquiry we made in October 2021 ( 7 months ago) looks like we will have a combo interview at the n400 interview on Monday 6/16/2022, the email update reads as follows...

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On October 6, 2021, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time and to obtain a current case status.  Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

On April 15, 2022, we mailed you a Request for Applicant to Appear for Interview on Form I-797C, Notice of Action for your N-400 application. Your pending I-751 will be addressed at this time.

Your appointment date and time are as follows:
Monday, May 16, 2022, at 12:45 P.M.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline

We had our i751 and n400 combo interview today at the Sacramento Field Office.

The interviews seem to go well, the IO indicated that she was  recommending both petitions i751 & n400 to be approved and was being sent to a supervisor for final approval. 

So we await approval of both the i751 and n400.

So 2 years after submitting our i751 application we got an interview at our local field office for the ROC case.  We only got notice for the n400 interview in the invitation USCIS sent but we were expecting a combo inter so we both attended the interview.

So if you have an pending i751 case and you get an interview notice for the n400 only be sure to be prepared to do both with both the spouse and petitioner attending the interview for a joint i751 application.

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Finally after 2 years our petition has been approved. 

We had our interview this Sat May 21 at the NYC Field Office in Manhattan. Arrived 30mins before our interview and the security officer allowed us in without problem. Security check was a breeze. The guys were very friendly and were joking around with me and my wife. Upstairs we waited about 45 mins, and we were called in by a nice lady. The interview itself went super smooth. Asked couple confirming questions such as address, birthdays, date of wedding etc. Then asked us why we married each other and our answers weren't the most romantic and deep. We just said we loved each other and wanted to spend our lives together. Then we just chatted for another minute or 2 about how we each moved into each others old neighborhoods. Then she told us that everything looked good and she was recommending our case for approval. The status changed this afternoon from Interview Scheduled to Case Approved. 

I hope all of your cases would go as smoothly as ours and best of luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Today I received an email case status update to Approved! Finally after 2 years and 1 day. No RFE and interview.
I did submit my N400 on March this year. 
good luck everyone! Have faith and try not to check everyday like I did lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 6:51 PM, tomtom15 said:

Finally after 2 years our petition has been approved. 

We had our interview this Sat May 21 at the NYC Field Office in Manhattan. Arrived 30mins before our interview and the security officer allowed us in without problem. Security check was a breeze. The guys were very friendly and were joking around with me and my wife. Upstairs we waited about 45 mins, and we were called in by a nice lady. The interview itself went super smooth. Asked couple confirming questions such as address, birthdays, date of wedding etc. Then asked us why we married each other and our answers weren't the most romantic and deep. We just said we loved each other and wanted to spend our lives together. Then we just chatted for another minute or 2 about how we each moved into each others old neighborhoods. Then she told us that everything looked good and she was recommending our case for approval. The status changed this afternoon from Interview Scheduled to Case Approved. 

I hope all of your cases would go as smoothly as ours and best of luck.

Congrats! Finally saw a post from NYC approval. 

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by UPS. 

05/08/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by UPS.

05/11/20  - Debit Card Charged.

05/14/20    - NOA date ( I called USCIS to get my receipt number no text or email received)

07/27/21-     Biometrics taken

Timeline

After our combo interview on May 16th in Sacramento for our i751 ROC case we got a notice of approval today.

Both our naturalization and our ROC cases have been approved and we are awaiting the oath ceremony to be scheduled.

Not expecting a new 10 year green card due to the pending oath ceremony.

25 months since filing the i751 to get approval.

Edited by da95826

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 6/8/2022 at 11:09 PM, da95826 said:

After our combo interview on May 16th in Sacramento for our i751 ROC case we got a notice of approval today.

Both our naturalization and our ROC cases have been approved and we are awaiting the oath ceremony to be scheduled.

Not expecting a new 10 year green card due to the pending oath ceremony.

25 months since filing the i751 to get approval.

Congratulations! I am still waiting patiently. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is getting crazy. In about 30 days my 2-year temporary automatic extension will expire, so I'll no longer have a valid green card.

I applied for an InfoPass appointment as soon as I reached USCIS's "60 days until expiry" requirement, which was 28 days ago, and today was emailed there are no appointments available (I assume I automatically timed out in their call window) and to just wait.

This is Milwaukee Office.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

I looked into hiring an immigration lawyer, but the local one I found wants $200 for a consultation and won't tell me any pricing until I finish that, and requires both me and my wife to fill in this egregious 10 page intake form that requires both our full work and address history and many other things. I'm thinking this route would be a big time and money sink for potentially no real added value.

Maybe I just wait it out. My understanding is you cannot be deported in this situation. But you can't reliably re-enter the country either, so if I needed to go away for something urgent (e.g. a dying parent), it'd be a big risk.

Anyone got any thoughts? I imagine others here now will be in the same situation too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
22 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

Well, this is getting crazy. In about 30 days my 2-year temporary automatic extension will expire, so I'll no longer have a valid green card.

I applied for an InfoPass appointment as soon as I reached USCIS's "60 days until expiry" requirement, which was 28 days ago, and today was emailed there are no appointments available (I assume I automatically timed out in their call window) and to just wait.

This is Milwaukee Office.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

I looked into hiring an immigration lawyer, but the local one I found wants $200 for a consultation and won't tell me any pricing until I finish that, and requires both me and my wife to fill in this egregious 10 page intake form that requires both our full work and address history and many other things. I'm thinking this route would be a big time and money sink for potentially no real added value.

Maybe I just wait it out. My understanding is you cannot be deported in this situation. But you can't reliably re-enter the country either, so if I needed to go away for something urgent (e.g. a dying parent), it'd be a big risk.

Anyone got any thoughts? I imagine others here now will be in the same situation too.

What a joke, the Milwaukee office really doesn't care about ROC. Call again and tell them you're traveling and you need it.

Did you apply for citizenship? I would still be waiting if I hadn't (Milwaukee office too).

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

4 hours ago, peachouille said:

What a joke, the Milwaukee office really doesn't care about ROC. Call again and tell them you're traveling and you need it.

Did you apply for citizenship? I would still be waiting if I hadn't (Milwaukee office too).

Thanks. I didn't apply for citizenship as on the phone USCIS said I shouldn't, as it would just get stuck until the ROC happens. Which clearly is not true by all the comments here.

I had a good think about this after I made my post. I got the situation down "on paper" by messaging USCIS through their portal. That way they can't claim that I'm somehow reneging on my responsibilities/claim. Once I've given them a chance to reply, I can also contact the Ombudsman - probably useless, but may as well, and again I'm getting something down "on paper".

However the real thing is I'm going to put in for an emergency InfoPass once I get to the expiry date. By what I've read on other threads, they should follow through on that. And if that doesn't work, I'll press harder, book a refundable ticket back home for example then use that as evidence of emergency need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I applied for I-751 in May 2020. My case was transferred to another office in January 2022. After that, my case didn't have any updates. My 24-month extension letter expires in early August, as does my driver's license. I called USCIS requesting an Infopass.  On July 18th they sent an email saying that there are currently no hours available at the local office and that I should not call again as that would delay a response even further. Has anyone gone through this?? Is there anything else I can do? I need to renew my driver's license. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, LM&SM said:

Hi everyone, I applied for I-751 in May 2020. My case was transferred to another office in January 2022. After that, my case didn't have any updates. My 24-month extension letter expires in early August, as does my driver's license. I called USCIS requesting an Infopass.  On July 18th they sent an email saying that there are currently no hours available at the local office and that I should not call again as that would delay a response even further. Has anyone gone through this?? Is there anything else I can do? I need to renew my driver's license. Thanks. 

They called me about 2 weeks after I got this email offering me an appointment.

16 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

They called me about 2 weeks after I got this email offering me an appointment.

Did your driver’s license expire before the appointment?

Edited by LM&SM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.