tris&kris

London Embassy Appointments

44 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2020 at 9:32 PM, Tesco said:

Being interesting to see what the U.S. Embassy backlog will be like when there's the green light. 

ugh hopefully not a lot, though i think there will be, i cant wait until 2021 lol this is getting ridiculous

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, spikes746 said:

I just booked my medical for late June and my interview for 9th July. Thank you for spreading the word!

do you know if you have to visit your GP surgery first to bring medical records with you to the Immigration Medical exam? 

7 hours ago, FD21 said:

do you know if you have to visit your GP surgery first to bring medical records with you to the Immigration Medical exam? 

You will definitely need a medical care summary (not the full records) from your GP. The clinic highlights this in their email.

In my case, my GP was able to send these via mail.

It will depend on your GP though, so give them a ring. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 5/22/2020 at 3:11 AM, Melc said:

You will definitely need a medical care summary (not the full records) from your GP. The clinic highlights this in their email.

In my case, my GP was able to send these via mail.

It will depend on your GP though, so give them a ring. 

My fiancé asked for a medical summary from his GP. They sent a one page document that lists his medical problems (just asthma), meds, allergies, and immunization dates. Is this the correct document?

Just now, tris&kris said:

My fiancé asked for a medical summary from his GP. They sent a one page document that lists his medical problems (just asthma), meds, allergies, and immunization dates. Is this the correct document?

Yep! That should be good!

2 hours ago, tris&kris said:

Oh how interesting. My husband requested his and the pile of paper that came in the post was nearly an inch thick! But it's his whole medical history from when he quite little, so it might be overkill!

58 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

Oh how interesting. My husband requested his and the pile of paper that came in the post was nearly an inch thick! But it's his whole medical history from when he quite little, so it might be overkill!

It looks like they sent you a copy of his full medical record. The Summary Care Record (SCR) is a one to two page document that typically lists current and past medical problems, medications, allergies, immunisation history and the last few visits to the practice (if applicable). However, there is no harm in being over-prepared. If your husband has any active medical conditions they will want further information about it at the appointment, and that's where the complete medical record will help.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spikes746 said:

Just had an email telling me that my appointment for 9th July has been cancelled... not again :(

Sorry to hear! 🙁

It looks like IR/CR-1 isn't affect (yet); haven't received a cancellation email. 

Edited by Melc

On 5/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, tris&kris said:

Gonna be honest, I don't know if I have the correct immunizations, will they administer them at the medical or do I have to go to my GP, will be hard during covid-19

26 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

will they administer them at the medical

Yes and wait for the medical.  They will give anything (they think is) needed and mark you medical as complete.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

4 hours ago, Melc said:

Sorry to hear! 🙁

It looks like IR/CR-1 isn't affect (yet); haven't received a cancellation email. 

Got an email and it says they are still processing CR1 applications but all K1 appointments have been cancelled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.