tris&kris

London Embassy Appointments

44 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, os306 said:

Congratulations to both of you!

Out of interest, have either of you been asked to complete and bring a DS-5540 to your interviews? Curious to hear if the London US Embassy has now implemented this as part of the interview process.

There is nothing on the Embassy website stating that it is necessary to bring this for a K1 interview.

I believe the consular officer can ask you to complete it if they feel it is necessary however with it being London it seems unlikely that this would occur.

@Wuozopo can probably elaborate further as they were the one that made me aware of the 5540

Edited by goldhex

12 hours ago, tris&kris said:

Great!  Maybe you'll see my better (British) half there haha.  I probably won't be able to attend

Ha! Fingers crossed :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, Melc said:

I booked it for closer to the interview, in mind June. That way if it gets issued, there’s until December to try and get a flight—depending on disruptions there. 

But I’m wondering if they’ll not run into issues in the mean time. What were you thinking? 

Seems like good timing to me. Would be too difficult to go earlier with lockdown. We are trying to get a similar date in late June 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, tris&kris said:

Seems like good timing to me. Would be too difficult to go earlier with lockdown. We are trying to get a similar date in late June 

How are you guys able to book interviews?  Did you get an email from the embassy in London saying you are able to book one? Or are you simply rescheduling a previous appointment? Please let me know! Thank you!! 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, USUK123 said:

How are you guys able to book interviews?  Did you get an email from the embassy in London saying you are able to book one? Or are you simply rescheduling a previous appointment? Please let me know! Thank you!! 

No email was sent. If your case is at the embassy and you’ve completed the DS 160, try booking an interview with the embassy online. They recently opened July time slots.

36 minutes ago, tris&kris said:

No email was sent. If your case is at the embassy and you’ve completed the DS 160, try booking an interview with the embassy online. They recently opened July time slots.

Thanks so much! I’m at the point where I was notified the NVC has submitted our case to embassy in London. Should we wait to see if the embassy has received our case first before submitting the DS160?  

What was your experience regarding that?

thanks so much - any insight would be helpful. Feeling a bit anxious with this current situation :(  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, USUK123 said:

Thanks so much! I’m at the point where I was notified the NVC has submitted our case to embassy in London. Should we wait to see if the embassy has received our case first before submitting the DS160?  

What was your experience regarding that?

thanks so much - any insight would be helpful. Feeling a bit anxious with this current situation :(  

Have you checked https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?
to see if your case says status says “ready”?  That’s your clue that it’s okay to start the embassy part because your case is received. Have you read everything on the K1 instruction pages? https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Here is my suggested order for proceeding:

1. Submit DS-160.
  2. Gather documents. (for interview as well as documents for medical appointment). You don't want a looming appointment if you hit a hiccup and won't have what you need for the appointment. 
  3. Book your medical date by calling the clinic. 020 7486 7822. (Currently not answering phone. Their website says email them)
  4. Book the courier, pay, and pick an interview date all at the same time on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”. Leave 10 days between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Attend your medical.
  6. Attend your interview.

Gather documents step is important. See lists:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

And do read all the information and FAQs on the embassy website instructions. Don't assume you picked up everything you need to know in the K1 threads. Each embassy does things in their own way

We have thought about booking setting up interview and medical but we are a bit concerned about public transportation into London, as apparently that is still quite restricted.  Anyone have any thoughts about that at all? 

event.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

We have thought about booking setting up interview and medical but we are a bit concerned about public transportation into London, as apparently that is still quite restricted.  Anyone have any thoughts about that at all? 

I don’t know what it’s like personally but my fiancé was looking at train tickets into London for medical and visa appointments in June and July and saw some trains are running

Take into consideration that once inside London  that although the tube is running, many stations have closed and lines are operating with reduced service. Busses also appear to be operating, but again with reduced service.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

And once you make it to London, manage to get city transport to the embassy, and get the visa—-how difficult will it be to fly to the US?  Are K1s eligible because they are not immediate family? What about the ban from entering if you have been in the UK? I’ve lost track of all the roadblocks; there are so many.  Hopefully things will be a little more open by July to make it a bit easier on you.

Following this thread :)  

I am at the stage of booking the medical and interview.  Just checked for the interview dates and there are none at this time from what I can see.

I see that there are medical appointments available to book, but I was a little unsure about booking this at the moment due to not knowing when the interview date would be or when they would be taking bookings again, although it seems they are offering them again so YAY!  I will check back on the site daily to se what I can find and probably go ahead and book the medical.

I think I read on one of the pages on the Embassy site that immediate family can travel to the US with a US resident or LPR?  What would be the definition of an Immediate relative?  My wife is the US citizen here in the uk on a spousal visa (needs renewing in December) and although when we started our application process we were CR1, it was our 2 year anniversary on Monday so hopefully when the visa is approved it will be an IF1?

Many thanks and hope all are keeping safe! 

49 minutes ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

Following this thread :)  

I am at the stage of booking the medical and interview.  Just checked for the interview dates and there are none at this time from what I can see.

I see that there are medical appointments available to book, but I was a little unsure about booking this at the moment due to not knowing when the interview date would be or when they would be taking bookings again, although it seems they are offering them again so YAY!  I will check back on the site daily to se what I can find and probably go ahead and book the medical.

I think I read on one of the pages on the Embassy site that immediate family can travel to the US with a US resident or LPR?  What would be the definition of an Immediate relative?  My wife is the US citizen here in the uk on a spousal visa (needs renewing in December) and although when we started our application process we were CR1, it was our 2 year anniversary on Monday so hopefully when the visa is approved it will be an IF1?

Many thanks and hope all are keeping safe! 

Hello,

Yes, a spouse counts as an immediate relative for immigration purposes and, yes, since you will have been married for over 2 years at the time of visa issuance, you will receive an IR1 rather than a CR1 visa. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.