Abcd1234

Suspending Immigration to USA, trump tweet

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Abcd1234 said:

What affect will it have on people already in usa, waiting green card, based on spousal visa cr1 entry?

Nothing. Having entered the US on a spousal immigration visa, that person is now an LPR.. the green card is only the evidence of that status. The stamped visa is the temporary green card evidence 

What do you mean?  Someone who enters on a CR-1 visa gets a 551 passport stamp at POE which serves as the same as the physical green card.  

11 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

What affect will it have on people already in usa, waiting green card, based on spousal visa cr1 entry?

Screenshot_20200420-212009_Twitter.jpg

I didn't see the tweet that you had attached at first.  1) I'm not sure he can really do that,  2) No, it would not affect processes for people who are already here legally.

Edited by Jorgedig

Is there any expiration date for that. I mean my wife entered usa have cr1 stamp, but it doesn't say 551, but there is expiration date on visa

Read the printed line at the bottom - temporary i551 for one year.

Just now, Abcd1234 said:

Is there any expiration date for that. I mean my wife entered usa have cr1 stamp, but it doesn't say 551, but there is expiration date on visa

No.  If she is here on a CR-1, she is already an LPR.  I think the GC mailing times have been lengthened due to a reduced workforce.

2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Read the printed line at the bottom - temporary i551 for one year.

Dont see it

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

No.  If she is here on a CR-1, she is already an LPR.  I think the GC mailing times have been lengthened due to a reduced workforce.

What if they stop issuing gc, will she be illegal after visa expires?

Dont see it

What if they stop issuing gc, will she be illegal after visa expires?

No.  She is not here on a 'visa' that expires.  If she came on a CR-1, she is already in legal status as a permanent resident.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

The expiry date of the visa in no longer an issue. The visa is used. The stamped visa acts as a temporary GC for 12 months .. the physical card is usually received sometime from 4-16 weeks after entry date 

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No.  She is not here on a 'visa' that expires.  If she came on a CR-1, she is already in legal status as a permanent resident.  

Ok i found the line under visa, it says, "upon entry serves as temporary i-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" so if no gc after 1 year??? If they never issue gc till the year passes, just what if question 

Edited by Abcd1234

Just now, Abcd1234 said:

Ok i found the line under visa, it says, "upon entry serves as temporary i-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" so if no gc after 1 year???

It will not take a year for them to mail a GC.

Timeline

Ok i found the line under visa, it says, "upon entry serves as temporary i-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" so if no gc after 1 year???

Slow down. No panic needed.  It will arrive. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.