vincentamosa

Approved in ONE MONTH!!! Anyone else?

102 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2020 at 1:24 AM, vincentamosa said:

sure. first we did a bunch of research online and decided which visa we wanted to apply for (i-130 spouse). I downloaded the i-130 and other forms from the USCIS website including the i-130 instructions. I did more research on websites like this and youtube videos. Then I spent maybe close to 60 HOURS! filling out all the forms very carefully based on the provided instructions. I printed out the forms and additional evidence/documents they ask for and sent it in! I decided to do it by paper because I had already filled out all the forms on pdfs on my computer and when I went to try and file online i realized I would have to completely start over, I also like the control of format that a paper application gives you, and my experience proves that online is not necessarily faster. my packet shipped in three days and I had a notice of action that it was received two days after that. 

the packet was something like this:

-cover letter

-electronic notification form

-I-130 form

-addendum 1&2 ( I have a long address and employment history that didnt fit on the i130 form so I created new pages according to the 1-130 instructions for additional information (I labeled these additional sections as addendums as I saw someone else do on a youtube video))

-i-130 A form (information about beneficiary spouse)

-addendum 3&4 ( my spouses additional employment and addresses)

- addendum 5: ( I created this section as basically a table of contents for my evidence of bonafide marriage/documents/proof of real relationship)

- proof of us citizenship (birth cert)

- proof of family relationship (marriage cert)

- two passport photos of me ( didnt need photos of spouse because she is not here in US)

-evidence of joint tenancy ( bank statement showing both of us paying rent in the same place at same time (a period of 2 months))

-evidence of combined financial resource (we were lucky to be able to open a bank account together in Australia extremely easily, we                              attached a bank statement with some highlighted transactions and handwritten notes next to shared costs; plane tickets/fuel/groceries)

- third party affidavit ( letter from someone telling their knowledge of our relationship, we did two, both from one of our sisters) 

- plane boarding passes showing we traveled together

- photographic timeline of relationship ( photos of us together in different places, tried to use some in front of landmark/unique places or with                each others families/ friends to help identify the context) ( we were lucky to have traveled a lot together in the year since we met and                            photographed a lot of our travels) we used around 20 photos printed out at walgreens and I hand wrote on the back a brief description of the              approximate date, who, and where.  

I definitely spent a LOT of time making sure the forms were all VERY thoroughly answered, neat, and well organized. Maybe this had something to do with the quick approval because I did my best to make it simple to navigate and fully complete, but who knows how it got done so fast.  

my spouse and I met a year and a half ago on working holiday visas in Australia. we were together basically from when we met until she left the US right before I filed the application. we decided to get married in USA while she was here visiting and meeting my family. The marriage in Colorado (on a road trip) took about 20 minutes and required only our passports, $30, and no witnesses. now she is back in Australia until further notice... I am now starting on the NVC process and figuring out what to do about not having filed taxes in years. Hope this info helps! Just keep researching online and follow the instructions that they provide you on the USCIS website. 

WOW! so impressive, and inspiring!  I'm hoping we are able to get some feedback quickly once we do apply - although probably not as quickly as you did, but praying for it! We are yet to get married and then kick off the paperwork process - so step 1 for us right now is to fill in everything and get familiar with the forms and gather evidence. Once flights open up, we get married at the courthouse.  If you are interested, here is our story. 

All the best!! 

On 4/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, vincentamosa said:

sure. first we did a bunch of research online and decided which visa we wanted to apply for (i-130 spouse). I downloaded the i-130 and other forms from the USCIS website including the i-130 instructions. I did more research on websites like this and youtube videos. Then I spent maybe close to 60 HOURS! filling out all the forms very carefully based on the provided instructions. I printed out the forms and additional evidence/documents they ask for and sent it in! I decided to do it by paper because I had already filled out all the forms on pdfs on my computer and when I went to try and file online i realized I would have to completely start over, I also like the control of format that a paper application gives you, and my experience proves that online is not necessarily faster. my packet shipped in three days and I had a notice of action that it was received two days after that. 

-cover letter

-I-130 form

-addendum 1&2 ( I have a long address and employment history that didnt fit on the i130 form so I created new pages according to the 1-130 instructions for additional information (I labeled these additional sections as addendums as I saw someone else do on a youtube video))

- addendum 5: ( I created this section as basically a table of contents for my evidence of bonafide marriage/documents/proof of real relationship)

- two passport photos of me ( didnt need photos of spouse because she is not here in US)

-evidence of joint tenancy ( bank statement showing both of us paying rent in the same place at same time (a period of 2 months))

-evidence of combined financial resource (we were lucky to be able to open a bank account together in Australia extremely easily, we                              attached a bank statement with some highlighted transactions and handwritten notes next to shared costs; plane tickets/fuel/groceries)

- third party affidavit ( letter from someone telling their knowledge of our relationship, we did two, both from one of our sisters) 

- photographic timeline of relationship ( photos of us together in different places, tried to use some in front of landmark/unique places or with                each others families/ friends to help identify the context) ( we were lucky to have traveled a lot together in the year since we met and                            photographed a lot of our travels) we used around 20 photos printed out at walgreens and I hand wrote on the back a brief description of the              approximate date, who, and where.  

I definitely spent a LOT of time making sure the forms were all VERY thoroughly answered, neat, and well organized. Maybe this had something to do with the quick approval because I did my best to make it simple to navigate and fully complete, but who knows how it got done so fast.  

my spouse and I met a year and a half ago on working holiday visas in Australia. we were together basically from when we met until she left the US right before I filed the application. we decided to get married in USA while she was here visiting and meeting my family. The marriage in Colorado (on a road trip) took about 20 minutes and required only our passports, $30, and no witnesses. now she is back in Australia until further notice... I am now starting on the NVC process and figuring out what to do about not having filed taxes in years. Hope this info helps! Just keep researching online and follow the instructions that they provide you on the USCIS website. 

This explains why yours was accepted so quickly. You basically submitted everything they ask for when they RFE you, which in return delays your case. Congrats!! Hard research pays off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

This explains why yours was accepted so quickly. You basically submitted everything they ask for when they RFE you, which in return delays your case. Congrats!! Hard research pays off.

Very detailed and is why we hired someone. My skills in this area of paper work is not very high lol. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

You hired the right person to do this. 

No sir that wasn't mine. Lol i was commenting about the OPs petition and how much their is to it. Sorry to confuse. 

21 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

-cover letter

-I-130 form

hello again!

I am now getting into the form details - do you mind sharing the youtube link (if you still have it)? some of the forms are confusing!

8 hours ago, emmewalle said:

hello again!

I am now getting into the form details - do you mind sharing the youtube link (if you still have it)? some of the forms are confusing!

What form(s) are you filing? And what youtube link are you referring to?

Edited by Ncornejo7

OP, very happy to hear this!!! Congrats on getting approved so quickly!! FELICIDADES!!! 🥳

Our I130 got approved yesterday, after about 1 month and a half (we applied March 10th)!!!

Record time I believe for USA and Colombia...whewww...and especially during these difficult times of COVID-19. 

My application was sent to Texas, then I believe transferred to California. I applied from New York City  (maybe they're having some mercy on us New Yorker's right now.. no idea)!

So, I definitely can relate to your excitement and ready to tackle the NVC Process, hopefully soon!

Good luck to everyone going through the same process!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, Ncornejo7 said:

Most people don't get an RFE and wait the normal processing time. 

They usually don't even look at your file for 8 months to a year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 hours ago, geraldineacevedo1 said:

OP, very happy to hear this!!! Congrats on getting approved so quickly!! FELICIDADES!!! 🥳

Our I130 got approved yesterday, after about 1 month and a half (we applied March 10th)!!!

Record time I believe for USA and Colombia...whewww...and especially during these difficult times of COVID-19. 

My application was sent to Texas, then I believe transferred to California. I applied from New York City  (maybe they're having some mercy on us New Yorker's right now.. no idea)!

So, I definitely can relate to your excitement and ready to tackle the NVC Process, hopefully soon!

Good luck to everyone going through the same process!!

Awesome! so it is happening to others too! 

3 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

Is that so? I thought the delay was the RFE.

12 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

What form(s) are you filing? And what youtube link are you referring to?

Sorry OP @vincentamosa mentioned the following: but I think i responded to you by accident

On 4/28/2020 at 12:49 PM, emmewalle said:

I did more research on websites like this and youtube videos

5 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

Really??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.