90DayFinancier

Dr Drew Pinsky Apologizes for Comparing Coronavirus to the Flu: ‘I Got It Wrong’ (Video)

17 posts in this topic

https://www.thewrap.com/dr-drew-pinksy-apologizes-for-comparing-coronavirus-to-the-flu-video/

Media personality Dr. Drew Pinsky apologized Saturday for his past comments comparing coronavirus to influenza, or the flu, saying he “got it wrong.”

“My early comments about equating coronavirus with influenza were wrong. They were incorrect. I was part of a chorus that was saying that. And we were wrong. And I want to apologize for that,” Dr. Drew said in a Periscope video shared to his Twitter Saturday. “I wish I had gotten it right, but I got it wrong.”

Pinsky was criticized for a video dating back to early February that is circulating the web in which he downplays the coronavirus, saying it was a “press induced panic” and that it was far less dangerous than the flu. He also says in the video that your chances of dying from coronavirus are lower than being “hit by an asteroid.”

Pinsky said in Saturday’s video that where he went wrong in comparing coronavirus to the flu was in looking at numbers alone rather than looking at the severity of the illness. He added that he has since consistently told viewers to listen to the CDC’s Dr. Anthony Fauci.

In the last several days, Pinsky said he has made media appearances to amend his previous statements, and he is further practicing the CDC’s “aggressive” recommendations for social distancing.

“I did not, thank goodness, get Dr. Fauci wrong, and when he made it clear that this was not a usual influenza, that it was significantly worse, I adjusted course. And if you notice, I’ve been doing about two hours of media today backing, changing my perspective in such a way to sign on for the aggressive measures we are taking,” Pinsky said.

“What I also said was follow the CDC’s recommendation; follow Dr. Fauci’s recommendation. They will keep us safe. And I thought that when the government started taking more aggressive measures, we should all sign on. We have a collective responsibility to do so. I’m doing what I’m supposed to do. I wear a mask outside now. And it’s paid dividends. It is improving. It is flattening the curve. And I’m delighted to be a part of that. I’m glad to be a part of that.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

6 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

duplicate topics merged

I think a lot of us underestimated this thing. I admit I did.

I still dont think my owners get it.

I am going in Monday morning and tell them they will not see me for a while 

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I think a lot of us underestimated this thing. I admit I did.

I still dont think my owners get it.

I am going in Monday morning and tell them they will not see me for a while 

Stay safe.

2 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Stay safe.

Thanks.  It just does not make sense to go risk your life, when you are on straight commission and 80% of the staff will not even make minimum wage this month. We had 21 sales staff Saturday including managers and sold 2 automobiles. 

Thanks guys for letting me vent. Obviously i have to be careful what I post on social media.

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Thanks.  It just does not make sense to go risk your life, when you are on straight commission and 80% of the staff will not even make minimum wage this month. We had 21 sales staff Saturday including managers and sold 2 automobiles. 

Thanks guys for letting me vent. Obviously i have to be careful what I post on social media.

Why bother going in?  Just call them and tell them you have a fever, and you feel it best not to infect others.  From your posts, it's clear that they seem not to care for your well being, nor for your coworkers.  (FWIW, my company doesn't really seem to care much more than yours, actually, though they have "taken steps to minimize the danger".  Yet we have several who have gotten infected.

Stay safe, my brother!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

He was correct at the time with the information which was provided by China and WHO.  I am sure all of us would have reacted differently if China hadn’t with held critical info with WHO complicity. 

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, cyclone27 said:

He was correct at the time with the information which was provided by China and WHO.  I am sure all of us would have reacted differently if China hadn’t with held critical info with WHO complicity. 

I think the main point of this is that the numbers are still too fluid.  Both the numerator and denominator have serious questions so anyone comparing this to the seasonal flu may in fact be right, and anyone saying it is worse than the flu may be right.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Why bother going in?  Just call them and tell them you have a fever, and you feel it best not to infect others.  From your posts, it's clear that they seem not to care for your well being, nor for your coworkers.  (FWIW, my company doesn't really seem to care much more than yours, actually, though they have "taken steps to minimize the danger".  Yet we have several who have gotten infected.

Stay safe, my brother!

I got a letter from my doctor today ordering me to shelter in place. I gave it to them and went home. About half the staff did the same.

Part of the relief package is they have to give everyone that gets a doctor's excuse 2 weeks of sick leave 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I got a letter from my doctor today ordering me to shelter in place. I gave it to them and went home. About half the staff did the same.

Part of the relief package is they have to give everyone that gets a doctor's excuse 2 weeks of sick leave 

Stay safe.  I know up here, many dealerships have sales people working from home based on some local reports.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Stay safe.  I know up here, many dealerships have sales people working from home based on some local reports.

I heard that locally, one can still show up and buy a car, but they have to keep their distance, and must bring their own pen with which to sign the contract.  SMH

How ANYONE could see this as a good time to purchase a vehicle is beyond me, both economically as well as timing wise.  

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Not sure how working from home, would work. I guess if you call people all day long, you might could but i dont call people 

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I heard that locally, one can still show up and buy a car, but they have to keep their distance, and must bring their own pen with which to sign the contract.  SMH

How ANYONE could see this as a good time to purchase a vehicle is beyond me, both economically as well as timing wise.  

You would be floored at the stupidity.  When I left Sat night one of my buddies had test driven a high end Camry and was about to test drive a base Corolla with the same people, who were " just starting to look"

I would have told them to pound sand 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I’d wait a few months for a new car - no doubt there will be some really good deals to be had. 

I’ll probably buy myself when this ####### is over in a few months. (10yr old civic)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014