2,698 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2020 at 9:34 PM, portorusa said:

On September 22 it was “new card being produced”. On September 29 the combocard arrived in the mail.

Hi congratulations for getting the cards. When your case was approved for 765 and 131? How long does it take to change the status to new card being produced from approval? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

FINALLY got biometrics scheduled after some nagging! Called USCIS this morning and asked to speak to a tier 2 rep. They called back this afternoon. Told the guy we were worried we had missed our appointment letter since it was so close to the 90 day mark. He said nothing had been scheduled but he could do it right now - put on hold for a minute, then he came back to say October 26th was the earliest date available and scheduled it! Said the letter will follow in the mail and if it isn't received soon to call again and they can email the appointment PDF.

PD 04/14, Seattle ASC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tmac88 said:

FINALLY got biometrics scheduled after some nagging! Called USCIS this morning and asked to speak to a tier 2 rep. They called back this afternoon. Told the guy we were worried we had missed our appointment letter since it was so close to the 90 day mark. He said nothing had been scheduled but he could do it right now - put on hold for a minute, then he came back to say October 26th was the earliest date available and scheduled it! Said the letter will follow in the mail and if it isn't received soon to call again and they can email the appointment PDF.

PD 04/14, Seattle ASC

Finally!! Amazing news! So happy for you 😊

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Linnn said:

Finally!! Amazing news! So happy for you 😊

Thank you! Wish we didn't have to do it like you, but I'm ready to see some progress! Are you on the job hunt now?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tmac88 said:

PD 04/14, Seattle ASC

Nice! that's an awesome new! I am in the same situation as you. File April 28 but heard nothing. I've tried to talk to tier 2 but the service rep said they can't help me connect with tier 2 rep. How can you ask them transfer the call to tier 2? Wishing you the best for the reset of application. :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tmac88 said:

Thank you! Wish we didn't have to do it like you, but I'm ready to see some progress! Are you on the job hunt now?

Yes! But still trying to figure out what I all need 😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, AHC said:

Hi congratulations for getting the cards. When your case was approved for 765 and 131? How long does it take to change the status to new card being produced from approval? 

For us it was a matter of 3-4 days, status was changing every other day, so in total within a week from first change the combocard arrived in the mail.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, ZZBOLIVIA said:

Nice! that's an awesome new! I am in the same situation as you. File April 28 but heard nothing. I've tried to talk to tier 2 but the service rep said they can't help me connect with tier 2 rep. How can you ask them transfer the call to tier 2? Wishing you the best for the reset of application. :) 

Thanks! I really don’t know the lady just transferred the call and then a tier 2 rep called back later in the afternoon. Maybe if you phrase it as you’re really worried because you think there might’ve been a mistake or something went wrong...that’s kinda what we did.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
14 hours ago, Tmac88 said:

Thanks! I really don’t know the lady just transferred the call and then a tier 2 rep called back later in the afternoon. Maybe if you phrase it as you’re really worried because you think there might’ve been a mistake or something went wrong...that’s kinda what we did.

I agree with you and I also think that it depends on the representative you talk to. Last week I explained the situation and the person didn't want to schedule with a tier 2 and today I just said I wanted to speak to a tier 2 and he scheduled the call.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ally&Axel said:

I agree with you and I also think that it depends on the representative you talk to. Last week I explained the situation and the person didn't want to schedule with a tier 2 and today I just said I wanted to speak to a tier 2 and he scheduled the call.

I called again today. Unfortunately they are still not want to schedule with a tier 2. They just keep saying need to wait until the office reopen for 90 days which is only next week. I really don't think that will be a big difference happened with in a week. Could you please tell me how to start the conversation that you want to speak tier 2? Appreciate your help in advance :) 

5 minutes ago, Npime said:

Any April Fillers getting scheduled for AOS interview? I do not see a clear pattern on what USCIS is doing about AOS interviews I see people with dates in hand from Dec to March fillers. 

thanks!

AOS is handled by your local Field Office, so it depends on how backed up your office is and how straight forward your case is. You can't necessarily compare your own case to other peoples cases.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, ZZBOLIVIA said:

I called again today. Unfortunately they are still not want to schedule with a tier 2. They just keep saying need to wait until the office reopen for 90 days which is only next week. I really don't think that will be a big difference happened with in a week. Could you please tell me how to start the conversation that you want to speak tier 2? Appreciate your help in advance :) 

Ah gosh that's bad luck you keep talking to these type of employees..

Honestly first time I asked for a tier 2 I was all nice explaining the full situation saying that a lot of people have missed their appointment and that I was worried about mine as well. Then they looked it up with their Tier 1 clearance and said sorry nothing has changed, call after 90 days. 

Then I tried again today he asked for my A number and I told him that I had a A number but wanted to be transferred to a Tier 2. He didn't bother asking more. I guess I was lucky he was nice and didn't care about transferring the call.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ZZBOLIVIA said:

Yeah my advice is don't tell them your question or story, just start with the tier 2 request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
1 hour ago, Npime said:

Any April Fillers getting scheduled for AOS interview? I do not see a clear pattern on what USCIS is doing about AOS interviews I see people with dates in hand from Dec to March fillers. 

thanks!

Yes. Our interview has been scheduled for Nov 10. Our PD was April 29. 

Also we just got the EAD card in the mail like a week ago. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.