2,698 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Gak said:

were you able to expedite without completing the biometrics appointment? when I called USCIS to file an expedite request, they said I am not even allowed to submit one because i haven't finished my biometrics.

also, do you mind sharing what reasons you gave to them, if possible?

they also said a pending job offer is not a valid reason.

I initially submitted an expedite request a month ago and I want to try it again as my job offer might expire but they aren't being helpful...

I requested expedite back in May and that was basically denied due to missing biometrics but I tried again in July - July 23. Then on July 27 I got an email asking to fax supporting evidence. I faxed it 3 times!! I didn’t hear anything until yesterday.

I based my expedite on 2 things- we went through tornado in April a lost a place we were living at so let’s say severe financial lost + I am a doctor and have a job offer in a hospital so I used that as an evidence that my EAD is helpful to US government as well since we are still fighting COVID-19.

I am not sure which mattered more in their decision but as I said I waited over a month to get my expedite request approved and then today I got the actual EAD approved.

I still don’t have Biometrics done- I was supposed to have them done last week but when I got to ASC they were closed because of inclement weather. So I am waiting for them to reschedule it.. not sure if I will get the actual EAD without the biometrics or not

4 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Just know that it's illegal for an employer to make such request. They must accept what's on the I-9. They can't choose what you need to show them and that's pretty clear on the I-9 itself.

it said on the USCIS website that due to the backlog of card printing the notice can be used but I am not sure if that got extended or ended on 08/20.

Combo card came in the mail on Monday August 31st 🥳

NOA April 23rd. 

I expedited in July through local congressman on grounds of having a job offer and had to send through a copy of the job offer.

I hope more cards are sent out soon for everyone waiting 🤞

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, abamichelle said:

Is anyone located in Columbus, Ohio? My husband still hasn’t gotten scheduled for biometrics. We got our NOA on April 20 but nothing yet. I know the offices were closed but they’ve been opened for over a month. I actually decided to go there and they were really nice and said they’re never full. There’s no line. Not that many people. So I’m starting to think we’ve been forgotten. 

I'm in Northern Kentucky so Louisville is my office but I believe it opened the same time as the Cincinnati office. Still haven't heard a peep about biometrics! Just sitting and waiting "patiently" for the 60-90 days from opening LOL

Edited by AlanaM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, abamichelle said:

Is anyone located in Columbus, Ohio? My husband still hasn’t gotten scheduled for biometrics. We got our NOA on April 20 but nothing yet. I know the offices were closed but they’ve been opened for over a month. I actually decided to go there and they were really nice and said they’re never full. There’s no line. Not that many people. So I’m starting to think we’ve been forgotten. 

Hello! I came to search visajourney just for this! We are also in Columbus OH, my husband is applying for AOS from Canada and we have not heard anything about our biometrics appt and it’s so frustrating because I know the appointment is fast and they can’t possibly be THAT backlogged! We applied mid May and haven’t heard anything yet...I just want to know where Columbus is at in the process. All USCIS is saying is that we have to give them 90 days from the date the ASC opened (until OCTOBER 20) before we can really call to get an inquiry.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

New Card Is Being Produced

My status just changed. I requested expedite based on financial loss criteria. I had a job offer and also financial trouble because my husband was not able to work because of COVID, so both of us were unemployed.

I contacted my congressman to expedite and also expedite myself, I don't know which one worked.

Timeline
18 hours ago, leov07 said:

New Card Is Being Produced

My status just changed. I requested expedite based on financial loss criteria. I had a job offer and also financial trouble because my husband was not able to work because of COVID, so both of us were unemployed.

I contacted my congressman to expedite and also expedite myself, I don't know which one worked.

Congratulations ! When was the first time you submitted your request to expedite ? And how soon after that USCIS provided you with the fax number? 

We have been waiting for more than a week for the promised email with the fax number, and nothing so far...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/3/2020 at 7:50 PM, EAdamo said:

Hello! I came to search visajourney just for this! We are also in Columbus OH, my husband is applying for AOS from Canada and we have not heard anything about our biometrics appt and it’s so frustrating because I know the appointment is fast and they can’t possibly be THAT backlogged! We applied mid May and haven’t heard anything yet...I just want to know where Columbus is at in the process. All USCIS is saying is that we have to give them 90 days from the date the ASC opened (until OCTOBER 20) before we can really call to get an inquiry.

Cleveland office here! We were also told to wait the 90 days. I believe the Tri-C ACS offices opened all on the same date. Our PD is April 17th. Never received NOA1 (I-485) after several inquiries and live chat. Just an email with the receipt number. 🙃 Getting annoyed since we wanted to use it to try to get him a license at the very least lol.

Timeline
On 9/5/2020 at 7:39 AM, portorusa said:

Congratulations ! When was the first time you submitted your request to expedite ? And how soon after that USCIS provided you with the fax number? 

We have been waiting for more than a week for the promised email with the fax number, and nothing so far...

Thank you! I first tried to submit the expedite request on August 13, but I didn’t have my biometric appointment done yet. Then I got my biometric appointment on August 26 and I expedited again on August 31. My congressman expedited on September 1, they asked me to fax documents on September 2 and I got approved on September 4. 

My job offer is starting date is September 8 so that might be why they accepted that fast.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

exactly same to me

My husband had his biometrics on August 12th and his case still says “biometrics scheduled” 😞.

I just want him to be able to travel outside the country again! 

But it is nice to see other people’s cases moving! Especially after so many months of limbo!

I just hopped in the March Filers chat and seems like this past week there has been an overwhelming amount of Cards being produced, all without an expedite.. Seems like Aprils will be coming very soon, God Willing !!

2 hours ago, Charlesvb12 said:

I just hopped in the March Filers chat and seems like this past week there has been an overwhelming amount of Cards being produced, all without an expedite.. Seems like Aprils will be coming very soon, God Willing !!

Woohoo! And hopefully interviews will be scheduled soon after! 

Edited by YvetteS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, YvetteS said:

Woohoo! And hopefully interviews will be scheduled soon after! 

I hope you are right,

I just spoke with an USCIS advisor - I can expect 30-36 Months for EAD-

I had requested expedite on my application for EAD  since submitting the  application to the lockbox facility.

It was not applied during the processing at the lockbox facility - they lost my application for 30 days. 

After finally receiving a receipt number i called to request an expedite- 

This was all denied due covid19 and lack of biometrics 

After my Biometrics appointment 14th of august i have continually tried to get an update on my expedite request.

i keep being advised that a request is in and you will receive an answer within 5 days...

Since the 14th of august i still have not received any update.

I have registered for callbacks from tier 2 multiple occasions but no callback received.

keeping positive is difficult beyond meassure - having confidence in the Process and USCIS is even more difficult at this stage.

how do you guys cope.... Vodka - Whiskey  Yoga Stand up paddling ???

I am afraid i will end up spilling  my drink glas of the paddle board whilst doing downward facing dog salute to the sun.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.