2,698 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, YvetteS said:

Congrats!!

When did you file?

We sent our forms in on Saturday April 19th! They arrived on Tuesday 4/21, so SUPER fast.  I have no idea how it works there but it could be that they approved them so fast this time because this was our third attempt at filing so when they got them they were able to more quickly look and see that whatever the problem was (still don't really know!) was corrected and get them processed.

58 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

YAY!!! finally! still wish you were a March Filer groupie but amazing news nonetheless!! congratulations

Me too! Actually I think I will post there and share my news, I am still reading all the posts from there! I feel like I'm sort of in both groups since I participated so much in that one before my second rejection! 

39 minutes ago, kec523 said:

We sent our forms in on Saturday April 19th! They arrived on Tuesday 4/21, so SUPER fast.  I have no idea how it works there but it could be that they approved them so fast this time because this was our third attempt at filing so when they got them they were able to more quickly look and see that whatever the problem was (still don't really know!) was corrected and get them processed.

The bottom line is you got accepted that's all that matters.  Congratulations !!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, kec523 said:

Congrats!! SO amazing! 

You are giving me hope that we"ll receive an answer soon too. Ours arrived on Thursday 4/23 and we are hoping not to get rejected again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 hours ago, kec523 said:

@AlanaM and @malajoe did your rejection letter specifically state that the rejection was for an incomplete I-944? Just curious because mine have both been so general, referring the whole thing being incomplete and listing all three forms, that I am just assuming it was 944 related.  If you got something specific, maybe that means mine was NOT 944 related? 

I got the same letter as you, but when I went back through it all I realized that most of my issues were with the I-944! Also, congrats on receiving your texts :D very happy for you! Hopefully third time is the charm for me hahaha.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Buma said:

Congrats!! SO amazing! 

You are giving me hope that we"ll receive an answer soon too. Ours arrived on Thursday 4/23 and we are hoping not to get rejected again.

Mine arrived on 4/23 too, so 🤞🤞🤞

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi guys, I filed on 4/14/20, and just got a rejection notice in the mail today. The evidence was kinda trashed and they even messed up the cheque. Everything was returned except for the i-944/supporting evidence, plus my AP and EAD forms.

The rejection notice said that "Form I-944 and Form i-864/i-864EZ are required". No other rejection reason was provided, and it is starting to make me think that USCIS had lost my I-944 and documentation. Has anyone had such an issue before? If we call them up, will they even entertain our request to do a search?

Since i didnt get back my AP and EAD forms, should i assume they are lost and resubmit those again?

One more thing. My I-94 expires after the end of today... will that be a problem when i refile?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got the physical notice/s today!

Submitted: Apr 14th

Delivered: April 15th

Got texts: April 21st (receipt date)

Physical NOAs: April 27th (today)

Didn't get an email or anything

1 hour ago, ShayrineC said:

Hi guys, I filed on 4/14/20, and just got a rejection notice in the mail today. The evidence was kinda trashed and they even messed up the cheque. Everything was returned except for the i-944/supporting evidence, plus my AP and EAD forms.

The rejection notice said that "Form I-944 and Form i-864/i-864EZ are required". No other rejection reason was provided, and it is starting to make me think that USCIS had lost my I-944 and documentation. Has anyone had such an issue before? If we call them up, will they even entertain our request to do a search?

Since i didnt get back my AP and EAD forms, should i assume they are lost and resubmit those again?

One more thing. My I-94 expires after the end of today... will that be a problem when i refile?

That is so frustrating.  Sounds like you got the same rejection letter that I got both times, but when my stuff was returned, it was all there and intact each time - just reorganized.  SO strange that that stuff isn't there.  I have found that when I call they do try to help me, but they can't really give any specific information.  I think it's worth trying to call.  

Do not worry about the I-94 expiring.  That happened to us too and we freaked out momentarily before people here and from USCIS reassured us that it does not matter.  As long as you got married within the 90 days you are fine, and don't ned to resubmit any differently.  The only difference once the I-94 expires is that you might have more of a hassle if you did ever get stopped and asked about status.  

Deep breaths, just regroup and restart.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
9 minutes ago, kec523 said:

That is so frustrating.  Sounds like you got the same rejection letter that I got both times, but when my stuff was returned, it was all there and intact each time - just reorganized.  SO strange that that stuff isn't there.  I have found that when I call they do try to help me, but they can't really give any specific information.  I think it's worth trying to call.  

Do not worry about the I-94 expiring.  That happened to us too and we freaked out momentarily before people here and from USCIS reassured us that it does not matter.  As long as you got married within the 90 days you are fine, and don't ned to resubmit any differently.  The only difference once the I-94 expires is that you might have more of a hassle if you did ever get stopped and asked about status.  

Deep breaths, just regroup and restart.  

I called USCIS, and even got transferred to tier 2 before they told me to just refile everything. They were helpful, but were still awfully vague about why my application was rejected. Guess they can't just outright admit stuff got lost in the process in case of liability issues?

When you got your rejection letter, did you do anything differently when you eventually refiled? Aside from the I-944 and documentation that didnt get returned, as far as I can tell all my forms were checked, N/A'ed, and signed, otherwise they would have provided additional reasons it was rejected, no?

It will feel super weird/worrying to resubmit the exact same thing knowing it got rejected the first time round.

1 hour ago, PupperPup said:

Got the physical notice/s today!

Submitted: Apr 14th

Delivered: April 15th

Got texts: April 21st (receipt date)

Physical NOAs: April 27th (today)

Didn't get an email or anything

Very nice, just a matter of waiting now, congrats!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

30 minutes ago, ShayrineC said:

I called USCIS, and even got transferred to tier 2 before they told me to just refile everything. They were helpful, but were still awfully vague about why my application was rejected. Guess they can't just outright admit stuff got lost in the process in case of liability issues?

When you got your rejection letter, did you do anything differently when you eventually refiled? Aside from the I-944 and documentation that didnt get returned, as far as I can tell all my forms were checked, N/A'ed, and signed, otherwise they would have provided additional reasons it was rejected, no?

It will feel super weird/worrying to resubmit the exact same thing knowing it got rejected the first time round.

I think when you call USCIS, they aren't in the same location where the paperwork is so the people on the phone truly don't know very much about specifics.  It's so annoying.  

Each time I re-filed I added more to my forms.  The first time, I truly did miss a question the first time around that I caught the second time.  The second time, I had put N/A in some places, but not on every blank line.  The third time I put N/A on EVERY possible blank line.  I also decided to add more supplementary evidence to my 944 because I could not figure out what was wrong and why they rejected me.  I had three other people look at my forms and suggest things that I might want to add and change and those were the suggestions.  I truly don't know why it was rejected the second time vs accepted the third time other than maybe they wanted to see more and they wanted to see N/A literally everywhere. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 4/26/2020 at 6:44 PM, Rambava said:

Dang it. Missed your date of filing. Basically when went over the last time for all the packets my wife found a bunch of issues with 5 year address history and then began the searching for all the dates. Lol. I ended up completing the package late Saturday so will be sending in tomorrow first thing in the morning. Will be two days behind you. It will be interesting data point on here to see how big of a difference that makes in getting overall process. haha. 

Yes it will be.. I'm excited for this journey. Did you mail it off today?

Timeline
On 4/26/2020 at 5:33 PM, kec523 said:

@AlanaM and @malajoe did your rejection letter specifically state that the rejection was for an incomplete I-944? Just curious because mine have both been so general, referring the whole thing being incomplete and listing all three forms, that I am just assuming it was 944 related.  If you got something specific, maybe that means mine was NOT 944 related? 

Yes it said that you application has not been fully completed. Based on the selection made under part 2 application Type or filing category, tthe form i 944 and/or i 864/i 864ez are required. Please review the form instructions for information. 

Please be sure to complete the application fully. submit the appropriate fees. and include all required supporting documents. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ShayrineC said:

I got the same rejection letter because A lot my I 944 wasn't completed. They sent back everything tho.  Because of the incomplete I 944 the I 484 was rejected, my i 130 was rejected because the category i'm filing requires the i 485. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.