dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Zulfadhariq said:

I’m wonder I got DQ on April 3 I’m wonder when I get appointment letter it’s been 11 days I like to know estimates time 

Embassies are closed and no interviews are being appointed at this time. Whenever embassies open, the interviews which were canceled will be resceduled first and then you will be in queue. You can look up your estimated wait times depending on the country where you will be interviewed!

13 minutes ago, Arshia said:

Embassies are closed and no interviews are being appointed at this time. Whenever embassies open, the interviews which were canceled will be resceduled first and then you will be in queue. You can look up your estimated wait times depending on the country where you will be interviewed!

My consulate in Mumbai but nvc didn’t schedule my interview yet 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zulfadhariq said:

My consulate in Mumbai but nvc didn’t schedule my interview yet 

There are NO interviews at the moment and until we know when embassies open again, there won't be any scheduling.

36 minutes ago, Arshia said:

Hi Arshia- we’re new to NVC. Where can we find the estimated wait times by embassy?

Thank you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Yes please people, bring those good news to us lol

Welp. Someone was listening, I just got the email. They gave an rfe for my husband's passport saying it's expired, but it's good through 2027!!! I'm shaking. Ugh. Now I need to start calling I guess?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

Welp. Someone was listening, I just got the email. They gave an rfe for my husband's passport saying it's expired, but it's good through 2027!!! I'm shaking. Ugh. Now I need to start calling I guess?

Or maybe re-submit with comment replying to their concern and then call? Ugh so annoying... When did you submit the last documents?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Or maybe re-submit with comment replying to their concern and then call? Ugh so annoying... When did you submit the last documents?

On hold now. And sent an email through their contact us form. I'll see how long I have to wait on hold, but I might just do that.

We submitted everything February 3, and added an additional document February 6, 2020.

Timeline

After holding for almost an hour a woman came on the line, I explained what had happened and that their request for an unexpired document wasn't correct since his passport is valid through 2027.

She put me on a brief hold, came back on the line and said that she emailed her supervisor, she saw that the document clearly lists a valid date, this is a very 'cut and dry' , and while sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for review (😵) that doesn't mean it will.

She said I do not need to take any action and just wait for an email back from them.

I really hope I don't have to be on edge for awhile waiting for their reply. 🙏🙏

Though, I am grateful to know all other documents are good to go!

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

After holding for almost an hour a woman came on the line, I explained what had happened and that their request for an unexpired document wasn't correct since his passport is valid through 2027.

She put me on a brief hold, came back on the line and said that she emailed her supervisor, she saw that the document clearly lists a valid date, this is a very 'cut and dry' , and while sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for review (😵) that doesn't mean it will.

She said I do not need to take any action and just wait for an email back from them.

I really hope I don't have to be on edge for awhile waiting for their reply. 🙏🙏

Though, I am grateful to know all other documents are good to go!

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back.

whohoo - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.