Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, rosa_s said:

Could you provide the P3 packet for Colombia please?

Right there in the VJ consulate portal:

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

25 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

That's an old link with an old P3. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

32 minutes ago, rosa_s said:

Hi @Greenbaum!

Could you provide the P3 packet for Colombia please?

Thank you for all the help 😁

I'll give you the P3 link and will also add additional information that I have been able to garner from my travels throughout VJ.

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Oeg4xYRja1hqUSzF-uEaj1QiyoFnv9X/view?usp=sharing as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents, you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Ppl doing their vaccinations in Columbia can do them with anyone not connected to the approved medical center where your exam will take place saving you a lot of money. Be sure to get a receipt that states every single vaccination that you received. See list below that are required vaccinations. Then during your medical present, the receipt for the vaccinations to the Doctor and ask that they be transposed to the DS-3025 and marked COMPLETE! Especially important that they are marked complete. You will use this document once you are married and filing your AOS package.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 1:02 PM, David and Anna said:

I very, very nice lady finally answered my call to NVC now.  She confirmed that our I-797/I-129F file had been received by NVC and she gave me my case number and invoice number.

I asked why I had not received either email nor physical mail about their receipt of the file, and she was surprised to hear that.  We then confirmed that they do have my correct address and email.  So...her guess was that maybe they didn't bother to send me that confirmation of receipt and creation of case number since the file was being held and not sent to the embassy.  She was guessing, but she then said that I *should* get communication when the file does ship to the embassy.  Of course she repeated the phrase we all know about how embassies are not processing yet and they don't know when they will...

Anyways, I'm just happy to have the case and invoice numbers.  Now I will go back to waiting...

Hi! which number did you call to get your case number?  I have a friend that received her NOA2 in April and is still trying to get her case number,. when she calls NVC its an automated system telling her to check online. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

They're no need to rush for your case & invoice numbers as the NVC is not sending cases in the Embassies right now. If for some reason yous till want to call them, check the PDF of the very first post.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Peach_ said:

Has anyone considered doing the spouse visa instead and just cancel the K1 visa?

It's crossed my mind... the only thing about that is that we're SO CLOSE to the end (NVC->Embassy) and getting married overseas and filing for the spouse visa would start things all over again... My fiancé has a friend who's married to her US spouse and has been waiting for 2+ years for her visa, and one time they almost didn't let her cross the border on a B1/B2 visa because she mentioned she wanted to see her husband and they thought she was going to stay there... she was pulled aside and grilled like crazy. Finally she said "look, I just want to see my husband, I'm not immigrating, I just want to see him". Finally they let her in.

That aside, it's crossed my mind because I want us to be considered family for legal purposes... that 2+ year wait that my fiancé's friend has been through scares me though...

Edited by H and G

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, H and G said:

It's crossed my mind... the only thing about that is that we're SO CLOSE to the end (NVC->Embassy) and getting married overseas and filing for the spouse visa would start things all over again... My fiancé has a friend who's married to her US spouse and has been waiting for 2+ years for her visa, and one time they almost didn't let her cross the border on a B1/B2 visa because she mentioned she wanted to see her husband and they thought she was going to stay there... she was pulled aside and grilled like crazy. Finally she said "look, I just want to see my husband, I'm not immigrating, I just want to see him". Finally they let her in.

That aside, it's crossed my mind because I want us to be considered family for legal purposes... that 2+ year wait that my fiancé's friend has been through scares me though...

Thank you for sharing your thought! 😊  I'm just getting a little impatient since we're barely provided with any updates/news regarding when they'll start sending applications to the embassies :(  But yes, the thought of starting all over again is kind of stressful already lol 

2 hours ago, Peach_ said:

Has anyone considered doing the spouse visa instead and just cancel the K1 visa?

Canceling your K-1 at this stage fool's gold. You go to the back of the line, you have new fees to pay, you have background checks to do over, you have additional wait time for adjudication and interview results, some as long as a year or two depending on country. It's not a good plan. It sounds like many of you are doing this as an emotional decision and not a decision made on research and thoughtful consideration. Here, I did the homework for you.

K-1 vs CR-1 Full Analysis

K-1

More expensive than CR-1    

Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    

Spouse cannot leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (about 5-6 months)    

Spouse cannot work until she/he receives EAD (about 5-6 months)    

Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period    

Spouse will not receive Green Card for 10 to 12 months after Adjustment of Status is filed.

If you have red flags this may be the best place to start in case of denial.

Estimated timeline is approximately 8 to 10 months (NOA1 to Interview) This is officially qquoted as 6 to 12 months.

K-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$265 per person - DS-160 (Visa Application)

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$1,225 per person - AOS Fee (Includes EAD/AP if filed together)

$750 per child under 14

$680 per person - ROC Fee

$2,705 plus medical (K-1)

$2,170 plus medical (K-2 over 14 years old)

$1,695 plus medical (K-2 14 years old and younger)

CR-1    

Less expensive than K-1    

No Adjustment of Status (I-485, I-131, I-765) required.

No I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency to complete

Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    

Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    

Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    

Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.

Spouse has Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to the United States

If denied, a K-1 has no practical options other than to start over from scratch. A denied CR-1 can be reaffirmed. So, if there are red flags and one is concerned about being denied, I would suggest steering away from the K-1.

Estimated timeline is 10 to 12 months (NOA1 to Interview) This is officially quoted at 12 to 14 months.

CR-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$120 - Affidavit of Support Fee

$325 - DS-260 (Visa Application) 

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$220 - USCIS Immigrant Fee

$680 - ROC (if married less than 2 years at POE)

$1,200 plus medical (per person if married more than 2 years when filing)

$1,880 plus medical (per person if married less than 2 years at POE)

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Has any embassy started working (if anyone has seen anything in other groups)? 

Also is it clear if the new proclamation to December includes fiance visas or not, a few places have been saying different things)? 

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, RiBe said:

Also is it clear if the new proclamation to December includes fiance visas or not, a few places have been saying different things)? 

Thank you! 

Someone in the Japan forum doing the ir-1/cr-1

Reported they got an interview email:

"

I received interview date email from NVC.

My case was DQed in end of April and I had been waiting to get my interview appointment set.

Sharing with you all in case there's others like me out there waiting for the same email :).

"

6 hours ago, RiBe said:

Thank you! 

You should be a part of these conversations.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/737060-coronavirus-embassy-reopening/page/13/#comments

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/742326-a-summary-of-potus-executive-order-eff-june-24-2020/

It's ok to take your seatbelt off and move about the cabin. It's amazing what VJ has to offer. :yes:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, A.j. said:

Someone in the Japan forum doing the ir-1/cr-1

Reported they got an interview email: 

"I received interview date email from NVC. My case was DQed in end of April and I had been waiting to get my interview appointment set.

Sharing with you all in case there's others like me out there waiting for the same email :).

We suspect that the embassies will clear the backlog of CR-1 applications at the embassies then move on to the K-1's. That's the word on the street.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Canceling your K-1 at this stage fool's gold. You go to the back of the line, you have new fees to pay, you have background checks to do over, you have additional wait time for adjudication and interview results, some as long as a year or two depending on country. It's not a good plan. It sounds like many of you are doing this as an emotional decision and not a decision made on research and thoughtful consideration. Here, I did the homework for you.

K-1 vs CR-1 Full Analysis

K-1

More expensive than CR-1    

Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    

Spouse cannot leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (about 5-6 months)    

Spouse cannot work until she/he receives EAD (about 5-6 months)    

Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period    

Spouse will not receive Green Card for 10 to 12 months after Adjustment of Status is filed.

If you have red flags this may be the best place to start in case of denial.

Estimated timeline is approximately 8 to 10 months (NOA1 to Interview) This is officially qquoted as 6 to 12 months.

K-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$265 per person - DS-160 (Visa Application)

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$1,225 per person - AOS Fee (Includes EAD/AP if filed together)

$750 per child under 14

$680 per person - ROC Fee

$2,705 plus medical (K-1)

$2,170 plus medical (K-2 over 14 years old)

$1,695 plus medical (K-2 14 years old and younger)

CR-1    

Less expensive than K-1    

No Adjustment of Status (I-485, I-131, I-765) required.

No I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency to complete

Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    

Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    

Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    

Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.

Spouse has Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to the United States

If denied, a K-1 has no practical options other than to start over from scratch. A denied CR-1 can be reaffirmed. So, if there are red flags and one is concerned about being denied, I would suggest steering away from the K-1.

Estimated timeline is 10 to 12 months (NOA1 to Interview) This is officially quoted at 12 to 14 months.

CR-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$120 - Affidavit of Support Fee

$325 - DS-260 (Visa Application) 

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$220 - USCIS Immigrant Fee

$680 - ROC (if married less than 2 years at POE)

$1,200 plus medical (per person if married more than 2 years when filing)

$1,880 plus medical (per person if married less than 2 years at POE)

I know it would mean starting all over again :( we're just gonna wait it out. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.