Nature Boy 2.0

All things Corona Virus

2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

With Trump, it is more his actions, not his words.

Well I can't say what he was doing and what his intentions were, but it was the strangest thing I have ever seen.  I was questioning his mental health at one point,  and at one point I admit I was practically rolling on the floor I was laughing so hard.  At least today he walked back all that "total power" stuff.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Weren’t the restrictions put in place primarily to alleviate the stress on the health care system?  It seems to have worked.

Yes, did you read it?

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
51 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I've seen predictions that periods of shut down and reopening could go as far as 2021-2022 and beyond if they don't find some kind of a working vaccination.

It's definitely possible, but not inevitable

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

42 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Pretty sure the rules are the same, or at least very similar.

Rules vary by state. Have you seen anything that says you can't go boating in Florida? The executive order says vessels at sea need to stay 50 feet apart and no more than 10 people on board. That suggests you actually can go boating.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

47 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Rules vary by state. Have you seen anything that says you can't go boating in Florida? The executive order says vessels at sea need to stay 50 feet apart and no more than 10 people on board. That suggests you actually can go boating.

Which begs the question. Why would you want to boat less than 50ft grom another boat. Assuming outside a narrow no wake zone 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Which begs the question. Why would you want to boat less than 50ft grom another boat. Assuming outside a narrow no wake zone 

Party? Well going back to my sailing days.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Well, the boat club I am in is closed, so I cannot go boating, so there is that.  Boat ramps are closed, fuel docks are closed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

swedish bikini team is out fishing?

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

We are doing it.  Been out every day this week.  Not many others out, but likely due to the fact it is rather windy.  Staying in the bay areas.  Had a great time skiing and tubing yesterday.  Going out again soon.

15 hours ago, yuna628 said:

I've seen predictions that periods of shut down and reopening could go as far as 2021-2022 and beyond if they don't find some kind of a working vaccination.

When I hear that I think total economic collapse.

And while we are at it, seems flattening the curve doesn't mean stopping the virus.  It means not overloading the healthcare system all at once.  A huge number of people are still going to get the virus.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

I am moving from Illinois to Florida in June... I don't know if I am ready for such drastic changes in how things are running in this difficult time.  I needed to put a deposit on a rental house and they required me to get a money order or cashier's check and overnight it to them.  I asked about using electronic (no-contact) methods like venmo or paypal.  They were not familiar with these platforms. They wouldn't even let me Western Union the money.  "Welcome to Florida!"... I guess...

Timeline
19 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Good thing you don’t live in MI.

Similarly, Oakland County residents Michael and Wendy Lackomar were at their cabin in Sanilac County when the order went into place and aren’t permitted to return to their Oakland County residence, the lawsuit said. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/04/14/lawsuit-alleges-whitmer-order-taking-no-compensation/2990561001/

Our Governor is not so strict.  I will say however, even some of the conservatives in the state are not really thrilled with DeSantis.  Talked with a very conservative friend a week ago and he was unhappy about some of the decisions about essential businesses.  He told me he voted for DeSantis, but "DeSantis doesn't wipe without Trump's permission".  An exact quote.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sonotony said:

I am moving from Illinois to Florida in June... I don't know if I am ready for such drastic changes in how things are running in this difficult time.  I needed to put a deposit on a rental house and they required me to get a money order or cashier's check and overnight it to them.  I asked about using electronic (no-contact) methods like venmo or paypal.  They were not familiar with these platforms. They wouldn't even let me Western Union the money.  "Welcome to Florida!"... I guess...

Certainly an individual case.

Where in FL are you moving?