MovingToFlorida

Concerned Coronavirus may cause issues (merged)

233 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The context suggests minor children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

They actually say in their announcement that they do not know how long it is going to take to go through the backlog; I am not sure what else they could tell you.  I would rather have them be honest and say we don't know, you will be contacted when your turn comes, than to have them make up dates.  

Best of luck.  Crazy times. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kade_w said:

Yay! I just got an email from Montreal for interview schedule!! So excited! 

Congrats! That’s great to hear.  Could you provide more details please? In particular, what is the date of your new interview and what was your previous interview date?

Please also consider completing your timeline so that you can help other users on this site. It gives all of us a better idea about your process (I.e your visa class, and dates of key milestones in this process). https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=357404

9 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

Congrats! That’s great to hear.  Could you provide more details please? In particular, what is the date of your new interview and what was your previous interview date?

Please also consider completing your timeline so that you can help other users on this site. It gives all of us a better idea about your process (I.e your visa class, and dates of key milestones in this process). https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=357404

My canceled interview was March 27. New interview date is Sep 9. I’m so concern about the medical validity, it expires a few days before the interview. However, there is a month extension. I’m still torn if I need to retake medical..

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kade_w said:

My canceled interview was March 27. New interview date is Sep 9. I’m so concern about the medical validity, it expires a few days before the interview. However, there is a month extension. I’m still torn if I need to retake medical..

Thanks fo the info about your date  I understand the concern, there are only a handful of VJers in the same situation with Montreal right now. It is so hard to say for certain.  

If it were me, I'd schedule a medical to secure a slot (as you have the option of cancelling as more information is revealed). I would worry that since there is not precedent for this, when Montreal says they will review the validity of the medical at the time of the interview, that could mean being put in extended AP and have all heard horror stories about that.  Given the unpredictable nature of this process, I personally would choose to retake the medical in order to ensure when my visa is processed I have sufficient time to activate it and avoid AP.

Edited by wordsfromdani
spelling/clarity

3 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Thanks fo the info about your date  I understand the concern, there are only a handful of VJers in the same situation with Montreal right now. It is so hard to say for certain.  

If it were me, I'd schedule a medical to secure a slot (as you have the option of cancelling as more information is revealed). I would worry that since there is not precedent for this, when Montreal says they will review the validity of the medical at the time of the interview, that could mean being put in extended AP and have all heard horror stories about that.  Given the unpredictable nature of this process, I personally would choose to retake the medical in order to ensure when my visa is processed I have sufficient time to activate it and avoid AP.

Yeah I got medical appointment schedule. This is stressing me haha

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/20/2020 at 3:30 PM, SAsal said:

That’s awesome! What are your dates? 

That's fantastic! We had our interview cancelled 5 days before it (in March) now all our medical exams have expired and our criminal checks. Did you have to re-do anything that expired before your new interview or were they ok with what you have (even if expired)?

Timeline

For those getting their interviews rescheduled now that Montreal is re booking cancelled interviews. how are they handling anything that has expired document wise? We had our interview cancelled in March only 5 days before it. now our medical exams and criminal checks have expired. I am wondering if the consulate is making you get everything expired re-done?

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone has heard if Trump has or will be extending that temporary immigration ban he put in place back in april (then in June extended it till Dec 31 2020). We are a family F3 visa and had our interview scheduled in march of this year and it was canceled 5 days before it cause of the pandemic and we've been waiting for the ban to be lifted to get another interview date. I haven't seen anything yet that he's extended it again so I'm cautiously hoping! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything either way. 

Timeline
On 12/31/2020 at 4:53 PM, MovingToFlorida said:

Just wondering if anyone has heard if Trump has or will be extending that temporary immigration ban he put in place back in april (then in June extended it till Dec 31 2020). We are a family F3 visa and had our interview scheduled in march of this year and it was canceled 5 days before it cause of the pandemic and we've been waiting for the ban to be lifted to get another interview date. I haven't seen anything yet that he's extended it again so I'm cautiously hoping! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything either way. 

Sadly it was extended, however I found following from article on Politico. 

After entering office, Biden is expected to instantly repeal the ban on travel from several Muslim-majority countries, halt further funding for the southern border wall and lift a moratorium on foreign workers implemented during the pandemic.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, dee&vee said:

Sadly it was extended, however I found following from article on Politico. 

After entering office, Biden is expected to instantly repeal the ban on travel from several Muslim-majority countries, halt further funding for the southern border wall and lift a moratorium on foreign workers implemented during the pandemic.

Hopefully he will lift the ban on the family portion of the ban too since it was kind of done along side the foreign workers ban he put in place during the pandemic 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And of course the Asylum applicants, I can see waiting times explode.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

And of course the Asylum applicants, I can see waiting times explode.

Probably. I am hoping we will be near the front of the line as we were already scheduled for our interview appointment and it got canceled 5 days before it. They got through other canceled appointments pretty fast in Montreal so I'm hoping they will again this time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.