Oroski

BAD! ROC + N400 Combo Interview Went BAD! (merged with update)

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, Mounat02 said:

As awful as the officer probably was, sometimes it's not as bad as you think. No matter how mean or how offensive they may be, they can only follow the law and cannot deny you what is your lawful right. Besides being mean, they can delay your case but, again, as long as there is no material issues with your application, they cannot do anything but approve it.

Stay strong and try to handle the wait, which is the hardest part.

Good luck.

So true! The officer has a supervisor that reads their recommendations. I had a horrible officer the first time around. She just did not like us. She made it evident. I was respectful and answered every question. She asked my husband NOTHING. Then she said that I needed to get my vaccinations "redone" and then she "would decide" my case. I made a complaint through higher channels immediately. That is when I found out that she did NOT make the final decision. She was power tripping. Got a new officer in less than 24 hours and approval within 5 of that. So don't worry MANECUNECO, and I am so sorry that you both had to experience someone who decided to be ugly with you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 3/7/2020 at 7:00 PM, dwheels76 said:

Well we had our combo interview and I must say I am soooooooooooooo pissed and upset. I truly got the adjudicator from 😈. She actually yelled and fussed at us like we were idiot children.

She had the nerve to yell this evidence is 2 years old (Did i sit on our case for 2 years). Lord. She asked for more evidence. I brought most recent taxes 2018 we have not filed 2019. She didn't want that.

Utilities in evidence in Hubbies name but I am added as authorized  or co-owner she said "You are the only person I know who can;t get a bill in both your names. Really!!

She had our joint account but said I don;t see where you are joint owners, ummm it's right there. I was one thing after another.

Her: Why don't you have health insurance under same plan.

Me:Because we are contractors with our companies so we have to get our own and it's cheaper separate

Her: Real married couples have life insurance why don't you have life insurance.

Me: I just had to breathe so I didn't jump over that desk.

But hey but hubby passed the Citizenship part of interview. Wooowhoooo.

Honestly this stuff right here will not stop me I would definitely argu back and make every single statement against her to make sure she look at that or make her walk out because this is how she decide to treat me she'll get treated back as she treat other like me on that. However I don't know how this will go and what would be the outcome? Get arrested?

Or what if after some bad statement going on, the yelling and snarky comments, after getting the name and walk out due to bad interviewer? I can reschedule, right? If I'm lucky I can speak to the Supervisor on duty, right? I'd like to walk in with paper and pencil/pen to write these stuff down.

This really piss me off because it's not right. Additionally, I'd like to really know if these stuff are intended by USCIS or not and if not, how should I proceed during the interview instead of taking the long wait? Answers need to be given. Where is the USCIS IO handbook of interviewing applicants?

Edited by WaterLeaf

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

In the past, I-751 petitions took about 5 months and some not requiring any interview.

With the new Trump administration, anyone filing from December 10, 2018, will have to get an interview and as a result that caused the time frame for some to go from 1 year to 2 years. The goal of the administration is to discourage any potential fraud. The thought is that a fraud couple is not going to stick around another year or two. A fraud couple may not have been living even after conditional was received.

In my opinion, the I-751 is now being handled like another I-130 where the applicant is interviewed all over again to determine if there are any discrepancies.

On 3/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, camerica said:

So true! The officer has a supervisor that reads their recommendations. I had a horrible officer the first time around. She just did not like us. She made it evident. I was respectful and answered every question. She asked my husband NOTHING. Then she said that I needed to get my vaccinations "redone" and then she "would decide" my case. I made a complaint through higher channels immediately. That is when I found out that she did NOT make the final decision. She was power tripping. Got a new officer in less than 24 hours and approval within 5 of that. So don't worry MANECUNECO, and I am so sorry that you both had to experience someone who decided to be ugly with you.

camerica, 

Thank you so much for sharing that!
Its crazy what happens in those rooms. I wonder if their superiors know about these behaviors and just turn a blind eye.
Its really scary cuz up until now I had no idea of that. Its been a week since the interview had place and although thanks to all of you I am way more calm, I cannot keep thinking that the person who had treated us super bad was the same one taking the final decision. Knowing that gives us some more hope! 
Hopefully you're right and we gonna share the same positive outcome.
I appreciate you help and your words!

On 3/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, WaterLeaf said:

Honestly this stuff right here will not stop me I would definitely argu back and make every single statement against her to make sure she look at that or make her walk out because this is how she decide to treat me she'll get treated back as she treat other like me on that. However I don't know how this will go and what would be the outcome? Get arrested?

Or what if after some bad statement going on, the yelling and snarky comments, after getting the name and walk out due to bad interviewer? I can reschedule, right? If I'm lucky I can speak to the Supervisor on duty, right? I'd like to walk in with paper and pencil/pen to write these stuff down.

This really piss me off because it's not right. Additionally, I'd like to really know if these stuff are intended by USCIS or not and if not, how should I proceed during the interview instead of taking the long wait? Answers need to be given. Where is the USCIS IO handbook of interviewing applicants?

WaterLeaf, 

Right? I wonder if they have a actual guide and in the end it says: "Just kidding. Just go crazy."
But yeah, it'd be really wonderful if this type of situation happened really sporadically, instead of being apparently this common.
Hopefully as time pass this mentality will change.

Thanks for sharing your feelings about this!

On 3/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, jakelake said:

In the past, I-751 petitions took about 5 months and some not requiring any interview.

With the new Trump administration, anyone filing from December 10, 2018, will have to get an interview and as a result that caused the time frame for some to go from 1 year to 2 years. The goal of the administration is to discourage any potential fraud. The thought is that a fraud couple is not going to stick around another year or two. A fraud couple may not have been living even after conditional was received.

In my opinion, the I-751 is now being handled like another I-130 where the applicant is interviewed all over again to determine if there are any discrepancies.

jakelake,

That makes a lot of sense and honestly I thought this kind of interview, thorough and detailed, was going to take place when I first submitted the I-130 with the AOS. I heard they were also doing obligatory interviews for all cases of employment based green card, instead of just some of them. 
But I agree with you in your opinion. 
Although this might be beneficial for them, it turns our lives rally complicated.
I hope soon they'll find a better solution.

Thank you for sharing your word!
I really appreciate you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Manecuneco said:

jakelake,

That makes a lot of sense and honestly I thought this kind of interview, thorough and detailed, was going to take place when I first submitted the I-130 with the AOS. I heard they were also doing obligatory interviews for all cases of employment based green card, instead of just some of them. 
But I agree with you in your opinion. 
Although this might be beneficial for them, it turns our lives rally complicated.
I hope soon they'll find a better solution.

Thank you for sharing your word!
I really appreciate you!

In may case, when I went higher to complain about the officer saying my vaccinations ere "outdated", and that I needed to "find a panel surgeon" in my area,  and then she "would decide" if she would "give me a green card, after that is done"...a "new officer" was put on my case within hours of my complaint and the next day I got word that my green card was being processed. That is also when I was told that the individual officers had to explain to their superiors why they would be denying someone with "concrete evidence". I think that, like many other positions, there are folks who are 'power trippers' and "get off' and watching people squirm. As I stated many times here, our officer was a vile and poor excuse for a human being right from the moment she called us to her office. No "hello", no "follow me" no questions for my husband and over ONE HOUR, few questions to me and just shuffling through all my papers over and over again.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, jakelake said:

Not necessarily true, I know of several individuals that have applied after that that have been approved without interview and several that have had interviews, I can't tell you the formula for one or the other, but both cases are occuring

Timeline
8 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Not necessarily true, I know of several individuals that have applied after that that have been approved without interview and several that have had interviews, I can't tell you the formula for one or the other, but both cases are occuring

Most likely a very small percentage.

17 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Most likely a very small percentage.

I have no clue, just that both have occurred  in relatively equal numbers within my social circle

Timeline
19 minutes ago, letvapiana said:

Its less than 10% of cases that get interviewed. That rule got revoked really quickly. it would be impossible for them to process all the cases if they interviewed every single one. There is aplenty of experiences here to figure out the truth

If that is the case, that would be good.

However, where are you getting the information that the rule has been revoked?

On 3/16/2020 at 7:45 AM, camerica said:

In may case, when I went higher to complain about the officer saying my vaccinations ere "outdated", and that I needed to "find a panel surgeon" in my area,  and then she "would decide" if she would "give me a green card, after that is done"...a "new officer" was put on my case within hours of my complaint and the next day I got word that my green card was being processed. That is also when I was told that the individual officers had to explain to their superiors why they would be denying someone with "concrete evidence". I think that, like many other positions, there are folks who are 'power trippers' and "get off' and watching people squirm. As I stated many times here, our officer was a vile and poor excuse for a human being right from the moment she called us to her office. No "hello", no "follow me" no questions for my husband and over ONE HOUR, few questions to me and just shuffling through all my papers over and over again.

Hi, may I ask how did you file complaint to a higher level? Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hello friends that helped me a lot during this time.

I come here one more time to post some updates regarding my case.

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail containing a NOID.
In the letter USCIS stated there was a bunch of divergence during the interview and all the documents provided in the I-751

(including IRS tax returns) were easy to set up in order to create an image that the couple live together and that we failed to prove our bona fide marriage.

I am going to search for legal advise in this matter and I hope this is not the end of the live.
We built our lives together here and we would love to continue doing so.

Thank you all For you help.
Every and each one of you made all the difference!

Imma create another topic to approach the subject.

So....

Like I was saing in the topic about my terrible interview (Mar-06), last Friday (Apr-24) we received a NOID in the mail.

The letter stated we were unable to prove our marriage was bona fide EVEN THOUGH WE'VE BEEN LIVING UNDER THE SAME ROOF FOR 4 YEARS NOW.
It also stated that there was a lot of divergency in both of our statements during the interview (it was a separated one).
The interview was super stressful for both of me and my wife. She start crying at some point and we both went out of there feeling defeated.
The interviewer demanded answers we did no have and upon that affirmed our statements were divergent.

We sent everything in our package, Tax returns, pictures of trips we made, vehicles, leases.... but apparently it wasn't enough.
My next step will be search for legal advise. Look for a attorney that can help us revert this picture towards a positive ending.
But lawyers are expensive, VREY EXPENSIVE.

I would like to know, from all the good souls in this beautiful community, if there is still hope or if after a NOID the outcome hardly change into a positive one.
I would like to know that before I burn all our money in lawyer fees trying to fight a lost cause.
If there is still battle, I would go to hell to continue building our future. But if there isn't one, I would not like to fight in vain and burn all resources we conquered together.

As always.... thank you all for all the help given to us during this tough time.
Stay safe folks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.