TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 6

852 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 5:36 PM, kwijibo123 said:

Dear friends,

Is anyone waiting with a PD earlier than May 2019? My application was originally filed at Nebraska, but transferred to Vermont in March 2020. I already confirmed that I’m eligible to file for “out of normal processing times (ONPT)” request.

I filed the ONPT request, and didn’t receive any useful information - just a “waiting to be assigned to an officer” response. What’s the next logical step? Ombudsman complaint? Congressman query? Lawsuit?

I have a feeling they’re not going to budge without proactive action.

Looking for ideas ...

Thanks

Your profile says IR5.. isn't that the child of a Us Citizen over 21yrs?  If yes, I thought the category was placed on hold for consular processing in one of the recent Executive Orders.. up until Dec 31st 2020

Currently being processed are only spouses and under 21 year olds of Us citizens

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Kide said:

Your profile says IR5.. isn't that the child of a Us Citizen over 21yrs?  If yes, I thought the category was placed on hold for consular processing in one of the recent Executive Orders.. up until Dec 31st 2020

Currently being processed are only spouses and under 21 year olds of Us citizens

No. It’s for parents of US citizen “The IR5 visa is the US visa for parents US citizens who are at least 21 years old”

Can you please provide a link to this executive order? Or a news source/article?

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, kwijibo123 said:

No. It’s for parents of US citizen “The IR5 visa is the US visa for parents US citizens who are at least 21 years old”

Can you please provide a link to this executive order? Or a news source/article?

Never mind. You’re right. Here’s the link to the presidential proclamation if anyone wants to go through it. It’s intended to protect the labor market (which is great, IMO), my 85 year old mother has no intention of threatening anyone’s job. But, as specified in the proclamation, the processing of visa is indeed suspended till Dec 2020. Barring a revocation of this rule, I don’t see consular processing happening this year for IR-5, even if the I130 is approved ...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-immigrants-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-economic-recovery-following-covid-19-outbreak/

Edited by kwijibo123

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
8 hours ago, thachdang1512 said:

My I-130 is approved today 8/12/2020 in NSC. I got approved exactly 6 months and 8 days, even before the processing time at NSC which is very awesome. I was original assigned to TSC when I filed the petition but they transferred mine to NSC without any notice. My case was touched like 4-5 times until I got a text and an email from USCIS notified me that my case is approved. 

Wish you all the best of luck and will get approve this month!

Congratulations on the approval 🎉🎈🎊

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and i'm looking for guidance and advice if someone can please help me.

I am a USC and i filed the i130 application for my wife, she lives overseas. 

We filed on 4/10/2019, the SC was Nebraska, the only update we received after was that the case was transferred to another service center for processing which was March 2nd 2020.

I never received an actual letter and had to submit an inquiry to see what happened about the transfer, so i received an email from Vermont SC saying they received the case and its going through background check. 

I submitted an Outside Normal Processing Time request and spoke to a Tier 2 officer and the same answer every time, they can't do anything till the name clear from background check. 

Can anyone please advice me on what to do here, it's very frustrating, it's been 16 months and no movement. 

Thank you in advance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, YoleY said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and i'm looking for guidance and advice if someone can please help me.

I am a USC and i filed the i130 application for my wife, she lives overseas. 

We filed on 4/10/2019, the SC was Nebraska, the only update we received after was that the case was transferred to another service center for processing which was March 2nd 2020.

I never received an actual letter and had to submit an inquiry to see what happened about the transfer, so i received an email from Vermont SC saying they received the case and its going through background check. 

I submitted an Outside Normal Processing Time request and spoke to a Tier 2 officer and the same answer every time, they can't do anything till the name clear from background check. 

Can anyone please advice me on what to do here, it's very frustrating, it's been 16 months and no movement. 

Thank you in advance. 

Background check entails a lot of things and goes through a lot of processes. There is actually no particular wait time. The honest truth is that the wait time spans across weeks/ months or a little into years. 

Just stay hopeful as you cannot influence anything at this stage via calls or multiple enquiries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kide said:

Background check entails a lot of things and goes through a lot of processes. There is actually no particular wait time. The honest truth is that the wait time spans across weeks/ months or a little into years. 

Just stay hopeful as you cannot influence anything at this stage via calls or multiple enquiries.

Thank you for your kind response, unfortunately that's what I've been told as well. I consulted a lawyer and she said if she takes over the case there's not much of a difference will happen unless you sue them and i don't want that.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
6 hours ago, MSK4 said:

When I click INCOMPLETE, I get redirected to "Application Error" as shown in screenshot2, so I can't tell if something is wrong that I should look into, or if this is okay.
The only message shown in inbox is about birth certificate of applicant but nothing about petitioner

355AC612-E732-4591-BCD4-2F01C8CF4BB9.jpeg

67BD76DF-F040-4719-8A8D-1DC39D04879A.jpeg

You have to go back and review the application to make sure everything is complete 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.