TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 6

852 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Alexwatts said:

Its been 7 weeks for us today since uscis approval and they still didnt send our case to nvc

Then something is wrong, you need to call uscis and NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

Then something is wrong, you need to call uscis and NVC

My husband did like 3 times and they keep saying our case is in the right place one time they even said theyve sent it. But nvc has no record of it. My husband ask for a tier 2 and they said they'll call him back in 700 minutes...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Alexwatts said:

My husband did like 3 times and they keep saying our case is in the right place one time they even said theyve sent it. But nvc has no record of it. My husband ask for a tier 2 and they said they'll call him back in 700 minutes...

Oh my, that's crazy. I wish you the best of luck and hope you hear something soon!

12 hours ago, maryamkhan said:

It takes Up to 6 weeks after NVC receive your file to assign you case number. But here is the sketch - USCIS has up to 3 months to actually send your file after approval! They usually send it pretty quickly though. 
To know when they send it - on your app it will show “sent to department of state” or your can call USCIS and talk to tier 2 officer and ask him is the case sent to NVC or not and if yes when was it sent

So I called NVC because I couldn't get to a human calling USCIS. NVC told me to call back in a few days after the 45 day mark and they can help me then. I got the I-797 form and it states that USCIS sent my form to NVC but I don't see anything on USCIS website saying anything about it being sent, it just says I was approved and case is closed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, Keld said:

So I called NVC because I couldn't get to a human calling USCIS. NVC told me to call back in a few days after the 45 day mark and they can help me then. I got the I-797 form and it states that USCIS sent my form to NVC but I don't see anything on USCIS website saying anything about it being sent, it just says I was approved and case is closed.

I waited about 4 weeks after I received the approval letter in the mail to submit a case inquiry on Ask NVC about my case creation with from NVC, then a couple of days later USCIS updated my case status to Sent to DOS. It take about 2 weeks after that update to get an e-mail from NVC with case number. So you may want to try submitting a case inquiry to NVC to ask about your case creation to see if that will help speed thing up a bit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

Due to the income tax filing extension I am filing my 2019 taxes this week.  My husband is not in the US.  We are in the NVC stage right now.  My accountant said that since he is not in the US we cannot get an ITIN or SSN yet.  Has anyone filed Married Filing Separately without an ITIN for their foreign spouse?  Accountant said he needs to have one.  I thought I read in other threads I could leave that blank and provide a letter of explanation why there is no ITIN or SSN.  Is that true? Much appreciated!!

Married April 25, 2019

Sept 10 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center :crying: IOE reciept
Sept 27, 2019: I-129F Received - LIN receipt

Transferred to Vermont SC in February sometime. - had to contact them because they did not send notice.
NOA2 6/18/20
 :joy:

6/18/20: Paid NVC fees

7/17/20: Submitted AOS & DS form to NVC

7/23/20: DQ'd!! :dance:

Now waiting for embassy to open for IL!!

34 minutes ago, MarcieYG said:

Hello,

Due to the income tax filing extension I am filing my 2019 taxes this week.  My husband is not in the US.  We are in the NVC stage right now.  My accountant said that since he is not in the US we cannot get an ITIN or SSN yet.  Has anyone filed Married Filing Separately without an ITIN for their foreign spouse?  Accountant said he needs to have one.  I thought I read in other threads I could leave that blank and provide a letter of explanation why there is no ITIN or SSN.  Is that true? Much appreciated!!

I dnt think that will cause any problem my husband did not ask my itin or even ssn and we got approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Okwu Samuel said:

My was Approved today praise God 🙌🙏🙌🙌

PD 23 April 19 

To God be the glory  great things he has done🙌

Congratulations! So happy for you.

On 6/24/2020 at 3:00 AM, Alexwatts said:

Its been 7 weeks for us today since uscis approval and they still didnt send our case to nvc

After we received approval of noa2 we waited 1 week before we saw that they sent our packet to dos then at dos we waited 2 weeks before we called and emailed them saying that its been 2 weeks already since uscis sent our packet and asked how long should we wait agent said that we dont have email address attached in ceac account agent added both of our emails then ,the next day we received our invoice number already.

Best tip: ONLY WAIT 2 WEEKS CALL AND EMAIL THEM FOR FOLLOW UP thats what we did now we are just waiting for interview date.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lara&Gabriel said:

After we received approval of noa2 we waited 1 week before we saw that they sent our packet to dos then at dos we waited 2 weeks before we called and emailed them saying that its been 2 weeks already since uscis sent our packet and asked how long should we wait agent said that we dont have email address attached in ceac account agent added both of our emails then ,the next day we received our invoice number already.

Best tip: ONLY WAIT 2 WEEKS CALL AND EMAIL THEM FOR FOLLOW UP thats what we did now we are just waiting for interview date.

We talked to nvc twice and they dont have our case yet. We called uscis twice too and they just said our case is where its supposed to be so we re gonna ask for a tier 2 tomorrow or saturday cause you need a day off for that

5 minutes ago, Alexwatts said:

We talked to nvc twice and they dont have our case yet. We called uscis twice too and they just said our case is where its supposed to be so we re gonna ask for a tier 2 tomorrow or saturday cause you need a day off for that

Download case tracker of uscis so you would know right away the status of your case.

Timeline
Just now, Lara&Gabriel said:

Download case tracker of uscis so you would know right away the status of your case.

I did and im checking our uscis account daily and they still didnt send it. I hope we will find out by saturday what happend and i hope they ll send it soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.