nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

Do you hold another citizenship or live in any other countries?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

11 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Do you hold another citizenship or live in any other countries?

No, which is why this form request confused me.'

I am canadian born and have never left the country to study abroad or stay for an extended period of time.  Just some random trips to bali or cancun with friends.

no criminal history, no nothing.  I am an arts major graduate who now owns a small business.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:06 AM, Alirazaa said:

Hello everyone. I am very confused and upset. My sister had cr1 interview in novermber 2019 at Islamabad embassy. After the interview the VO congratulated that she is approved and she will get her passport with visa with in 2/3 weeks. She was not given any form 221g or asked to submit any documents. After that case status date changed few times. Untill yesterday march 2 it was showing *Administrative processing” with case last updated date as January 9 , 2020 but today i check the status and its showing *REFUSED* but the case status update date still January 9, 2020.  

I just checked mine, it went from admin processing to refused but the case status is not updated. Last updated January 10, 2020.

5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

If you notice the "case updated" date, it hasn't been "officially" updated since Feb 18.  This glitch from yesterday happened but your case shows no update.  Relax.  They will fix it.

I am in the same boat. my casr changed from AP to refused but case showed no update. I believe it is a glitch in their system. They will fix it

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What 'glitch'?

If you get a 221(g) your visa has been REFUSED.  As many people how have/can read have stated, the web site, up until 3/3 was incorrect. 

Whats telling is all these people getting 221(g)'s have not read read the paperwork they are given, which  clearly state the visa was refused.

7 hours ago, mahmoud qandil said:

so its ceac close and refused or you say its until administrative processing completed will show what happen  ???

"Refused" = "Administrative Processing."  Same thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The REFUSED notice is normal, for sure nothing to get excited about.    Did you receive an email from the embassy regarding the requested documents?  (check your SPAM folder also)  It would be very odd to not receive something in writing.

Did you send everything requested to the embassy by 2GO ?   Once the embassy receives all the requested documents it can still take a few weeks before the status will change  from REFUSED.   If all is good it will change to ISSUED eventually.   Just be patient, and make sure to check your email (and SPAM folder) for contact from the embassy.

Here is the Philippines forum, you would do better to post your questions there so as to get answers relating to USEM.  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

She went too PSA in Pasay per the us embassy and they were supposed to mail to the us embassy via 2GO.  However no we have not received anything from the embassy in writing.  We called the embassy today and the info they gave us was very limited.  I also called the us line and they started a case directed to correspondence and the embassy.  we are also trying to get a hold of PSA to make it that they mailed it.I really appreciate all of the information that i have gotten here. any advice is much appreciated. Thank you very much

On 3/4/2020 at 12:03 AM, Alex&Jen said:

Sounds like it is a glitch. I was not able to log onto my husband's case for a few moments, then when I did it said Refused. Everyone I have talked with has experienced the same thing.  This process is so nerve wrecking, then to think they are having glitches does not help. Please...if anyone hears anything from the Embassy either phone, mail or email can we keep each other posted? I still hope this status change means being with my husband sooner. 

Hi
It has happened to everyone under Administrative Processing. It seems like a systematic glitch. My status got changed to Refused too but last updated date is still March 02. Moreover, I also got an email from embassy yesterday, few hours  after this status change to submit a document in my case. So, it can be assumed that its just a glitch and our cases are still under administrative processing. Hopefully, We all will get good news soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

"Refused" = "Administrative Processing."  Same thing.

Not really.

REFUSED  =   221g  Additional document(s) requested

AP = Administrative Processing, which takes place without any additional documents requested.

If REFUSED is being displayed on CEAC without additional documents requested then THAT is a hiccup in the system.  Otherwise all is normal.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I was applying for a non immigrant visa B1/B2 on the 3rd of November 2019 and was kept for administrative processing and kept checking till march 3 2020 it was still under administrative processing. on the 4th of March 2020 it changed to Refused and till the moment i didn't receive any official responses from the embassy its only the ceac website status changed from aP to refused stating that if my visa was refused for AP this means the case will be kept refused until such processing is completed and another adjudication will be sent to me after the processing is completed..
the us embassy of cairo website didnt have any updates on my case just had a message to send an email and left me the email contact and informed me to write in the body of the email that my visa application  took more than 90 days and to write in my visa case number but no updates rather than that and didnt mention refused...
im still hoping they will send me an update by email that will make me understand the situation...

but im sure the status changed on the 4th of march 2020 as i did check it on the 3rd of march 2020 was still under AP.

Hi folks.
I am from Russia, but this issue touched many applicants in the different countries. 
Unfortunately in my hole opinion it was not very good update for CEAC system, I want to be wrong, but the situation for now that this message for Refuse status will be stayed

Please see attentively 

• Refused - big text message. This is not visa refusal. This is 221g or another administrative processing cases. You can write in Embassy support and ask.
  • Refused - short text message. This is visa refuse.

Example on the picture

Don't panic )

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, mulrus said:

Hi folks.
I am from Russia, but this issue touched many applicants in the different countries. 
Unfortunately in my hole opinion it was not very good update for CEAC system, I want to be wrong, but the situation for now that this message for Refuse status will be stayed

Please see attentively 

• Refused - big text message. This is not visa refusal. This is 221g or another administrative processing cases. You can write in Embassy support and ask.
  • Refused - short text message. This is visa refuse.

Example on the picture

Don't panic )

so refused its like new term of administrative processing???? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.