kasper-k

any experience with writ of mandamus for I751

109 posts in this topic

Hi, 
my case is pending for almost 3 years and I tried everything you can think about, at this point my lawyer suggested that filing a lawsuit is the only option left but I'm hesitating as you know it costs money and the outcomes are not guaranteed in your favor, however, I'm tired of waiting and watching time passing by without a clear answers, at least with a clear answer you would be able to decide what will be the next step in your life, most of you understand that it's mentally challenging, so my question is direct, has anyone file a lawsuit or have experience with this or heard about some other stories, either approval or denial, I will have to decide by the end of this week to proceed with the case, thank you.

Edited by kasper-k

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, kasper-k said:

Hi, 
my case is pending for almost 3 years and I tried everything you can think about, at this point my lawyer suggested that filing a lawsuit is the only option left but I'm hesitating as you know it costs money and the outcomes are not guaranteed in your favor, however, I'm tired of waiting and watching time passing by without a clear answers, at least with a clear answer you would be able to decide what will be the next step in your life, most of you understand that it's mentally challenging, so my question is direct, has anyone file a lawsuit or have experience with this or heard about some other stories, either approval or denial, I will have to decide by the end of this week to proceed with the case, thank you.

I am sorry to hear about your case. Hope they attend to your case soon.

Have you tried filing for N-400 if you are already eligible for citizenship. ?? 

In most cases, filing N-400 appears to speedup the removal of conditions or getting a combo interview.
f you have already done that and it didn't not help, may be try to contact your local ombudsman or senator's office for help.

Again I am sorry to hear about your case being pending for 3 years.

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

3 years for an I-751 decision is very rare......I assume you have a complex case.  I agree that a Senator' might be able to get some info .....Good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, Balaji_v said:

I am sorry to hear about your case. Hope they attend to your case soon.

Have you tried filing for N-400 if you are already eligible for citizenship. ?? 

In most cases, filing N-400 appears to speedup the removal of conditions or getting a combo interview.
f you have already done that and it didn't not help, may be try to contact your local ombudsman or senator's office for help.

Again I am sorry to hear about your case being pending for 3 years.

Yes I did, as I mentioned I tried everything you can think about including ( contacted two congress man, contacted ombudsman, countless service requests and info pass appointment, sent letters) I applied for N400 and passed the tests but decision can not be made due to I751 pending😭 

Timeline
Just now, kasper-k said:

Yes I did, as I mentioned I tried everything you can think about including ( contacted two congress man, contacted ombudsman, countless service requests and info pass appointment, sent letters) I applied for N400 and passed the tests but decision can not be made due to I751 pending😭 

I see only 2 choices.......wait ......or try filing the WOM.......this is very odd.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kasper-k said:

I'm done waiting to be honest, have you ever seem success stories with WOM ? what factors will effect the decision?

I have heard stories of filing a WOM for the travel bans.....I hear some have been successful......but my knowledge is very limited......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, kasper-k said:

I'm done waiting to be honest, have you ever seem success stories with WOM ? what factors will effect the decision?

My understanding is that the WoM only forces USCIS to make a decision one way or the other.  As @missileman stated, I have heard a few stories, both positive and negative, but this route is very rare.  At this point, it is really up to you.  Filing a WoM may result in a negative outcome which I believe would require another I751 filing to avoid removal proceedings.  I am surprised the N400 did not do anything to move your ROC to the local office.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

My understanding is that the WoM only forces USCIS to make a decision one way or the other.  As @missileman stated, I have heard a few stories, both positive and negative, but this route is very rare.  At this point, it is really up to you.  Filing a WoM may result in a negative outcome which I believe would require another I751 filing to avoid removal proceedings.  I am surprised the N400 did not do anything to move your ROC to the local office.

Good Luck!

Thank you @missileman

I know and the only excuse was background checks, considering that background checks were cleared in few months when I applied for N400 and I was called for an interview, also last year I spoke to one of the immigration officers when I asked for another extension and he stated that it was cleared in May 2019, but still USCIS keeps sending the same excuse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, kasper-k said:

Thank you @missileman

I know and the only excuse was background checks, considering that background checks were cleared in few months when I applied for N400 and I was called for an interview, also last year I spoke to one of the immigration officers when I asked for another extension and he stated that it was cleared in May 2019, but still USCIS keeps sending the same excuse

So you contacted the USCIS ombudsman?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Reading from your posting history, you have some serious issues. You’ve had two N400 issues, you didn't submit enough evidence of cohabitation/commingling of assets for the I-751, and you’ve been accused of fraud by the interviewing officer so you definitely have an unusual case. You also haven’t divulged what country you are from etc.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t rock the boat now and will hold off filing the WOM until after November 3 😉 and hope (yes I know hope is not a strategy) there is new kinder direction at DHS. 

Your choice.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

13 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Reading from your posting history, you have some serious issues. You’ve had two N400 issues, you didn't submit enough evidence of cohabitation/commingling of assets for the I-751, and you’ve been accused of fraud by the interviewing officer so you definitely have an unusual case. You also haven’t divulged what country you are from etc.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t rock the boat now and will hold off filing the WOM until after November 3 😉 and hope (yes I know hope is not a strategy) there is new kinder direction at DHS. 

Your choice.

Yes I tried everything you can think about including ( contacted two congressmen, contacted ombudsman office, countless service requests and info pass appointment, sent letters)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, kasper-k said:

Yes I tried everything you can think about including ( contacted two congressmen, contacted ombudsman office, countless service requests and info pass appointment, sent letters)

Did you understand what I wrote? There’s no point copy and pasting your answer to previous people which is totally unrelated and irrelevant to my posting.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

12 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Did you understand what I wrote? There’s no point copy and pasting your answer to previous people which is totally unrelated and irrelevant to my posting.

I apologize I meant to send this to @Ray.Bonaquist

I'm still new with this forum. 

I read your answer and it make sense, just to give you an update, I met with other officer and explained the situation but there was no notes in my file about fraud, I even spoke to the supervisor and they keep insisting on the background checks, I have submitted so many proofs, I have nothing in my background check and I haven't committed any crime, not even a speeding ticket. why you think I should wait till Nov 3rd ?   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Why is your I-751 petition still pending, if that is what you are filing? What country is the petitioner from? 

It seems that the issues that you are describing would have more likely occurred when filing the I-130. If you were granted a visa, then that means suspicion of fraud or any issues with background check would have already been cleared.

Of course, when filing to remove conditions, USCIS will still look to see if there are any fraud.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.