2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

Thanks bro really appreciated 🙂 looking forward to it. Let us know if you receive it. I will do the same

@Shroy123 yeah bro a lot of people I know have started receiving the stimulus check , a lady friend of mine got it on the 1st of April and 2other  friends I know has also received theirs .... the thing is everybody is not gonna get it at same time for those people saying the it’s not yet April 9th nah that’s not correct I have seen 3 people so far now that has received their stimulus  Cheque So hopefully we all gonna get ours soon by Gods grace...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, John_ said:

so it clearly says that nonresident aliens are not qualified. 
Why then people keep saying we will get it if we are pending I485/I360. We are non resident aliens still, correct ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

so it clearly says that nonresident aliens are not qualified. 
Why then people keep saying we will get it if we are pending I485/I360. We are non resident aliens still, correct ?

We are resident aliens. This has nothing to do with “permanent residents”, we already discussed this here. Please look it up. 

Edited by John_

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An off-topic post and a reply to it have been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi! Today I received a letter from USCIS and I was excited and sure that it was my approval letter, since my vawa was approved 2 weeks ago (March 24th). For my surprise it was a prima facie renewal issued one day after my vawa approval (March 25th). Is this normal? I thought I wouldn't prima facies and I was really expecting for my approval letter. ;(

Edited by Poupis

39 minutes ago, Poupis said:

Hi! Today I received a letter from USCIS and I was excited and sure that it was my approval letter, since my vawa was approved 2 weeks ago (March 24th). For my surprise it was a prima facie renewal issued one day after my vawa approval (March 25th). Is this normal? I thought I wouldn't prima facies and I was really expecting for my approval letter. ;(

And it's funny because on the bottom of my prima facie letter it says that "it's not expected that a final decision will be made in this case before 180 days 🤦‍♀️

24 minutes ago, Poupis said:

And it's funny because on the bottom of my prima facie letter it says that "it's not expected that a final decision will be made in this case before 180 days 🤦‍♀️

I wouldn't worry about it..it was probably sent in error. Your case is approved already and you'll still receive your approval letter. There are very rare cases of people not receiving approval letters and still had no impact on their GC. You can check with your representative on it if it makes you feel better..also to enquire about your approval letter.👍

1 hour ago, Poupis said:

You already have your c31 ead? If yes, the prima facie must have sent it to you by mistake.

3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I wouldn't worry about it..it was probably sent in error. Your case is approved already and you'll still receive your approval letter. There are very rare cases of people not receiving approval letters and still had no impact on their GC. You can check with your representative on it if it makes you feel better..also to enquire about your approval letter.👍

That is correct. Approaching Senator or congress person would be the best option

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I opened an inquiry yesterday. Let's see if I will get it soon! Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.