2,976 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, dreamer1 said:

Nah... nothing yet but it’s early. Today is exactly one year since I filed. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

filed EAD renewal October 19, nothing yet. Still have valid extension till September though 

💪🏼 Strength and 🙏🏼Patience to us all! 

I agree, I hope everything works out just fine.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just an update for those who recently applied for EAD+AP extension.
USCIS received my application on April 27, but I had no update from them yet.
Usually in the past I was getting an email or text notification that my case was received within 3-5 days, but this time it is 22 days already with no update at all. Please let me know if you applied recently and got an update from USCIS regarding your case !? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Just an update for those who recently applied for EAD+AP extension.
USCIS received my application on April 27, but I had no update from them yet.
Usually in the past I was getting an email or text notification that my case was received within 3-5 days, but this time it is 22 days already with no update at all. Please let me know if you applied recently and got an update from USCIS regarding your case !? Thank you.

I was about to send you a message regarding your update.. i submitted my extension last week and will keep you posted.. hopefully, you will get a noa soon.. uscis received my package because i requested for signature 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Librawarrior said:

Hey guys. How are you? Quick question here. I applied January 2019, no RFE to date. Applied for EAD renewal and it was processed right away and just approved. Ead was set to expire soon. Now it’s been 16 months since I applied Cor VAWA, is there any hope that my VAWA approval is closer?

Someone got approved from Jan 2019, while some are still waiting from 2017. They applied after I did and I’m still waiting. It just takes patience and approval will come when it comes. From most people’s timeline I’ve seen more 18-24 months. 

Edited by Godschild

8 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Someone got approved from Jan 2019, while some are still waiting from 2017. They applied after I did and I’m still waiting. It just takes patience and approval will come when it comes. From most people’s timeline I’ve seen more 18-24 months. 

You’re kidding. I’ve seen November 2018 but January 2019?! Wow

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Godschild said:

I am jan 10 2019 as well.Still waiting. I pray we all get the good news soon.Amen.

Hi Sandranj/All.

Trust you are all doing great and staying safe. I am highly impressed with all the information and positive vibes that i have been getting from this forum. I believe in the long run, we will all have positive results in our various cases. I will like to seek your advise on an issue that's been bothering me. I was happily married to my spouse until 6 months into the marriage she used our joint bank account to commit fraud and was always requesting for money and threatening me about my immigration status, if i don't fulfill her request. This behavior continued... as i was abused on a regular basis, and she even threatened not to attend the marriage interview. We eventually attended and she ended up engaging in a heated argument with the person who interviewed us. Fast forward, life after the interview became unbearable as she sent me packing out of our home. This incident brought me in contact with a lawyer who advised that i petition for VAWA, which i did.

I did not hear anything for USCIS about my interview and my status online never changed and I thought that (I-130) petition was no longer valid. In March 2020, the status of the I-130 changed to "Case was Approved" and the I-485 for the marriage changed also to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Mind you, this is over 3 years after the priority and 2 years after the interview. My VAWA application is still pending and i haven't had issues with getting my EAD's. My lawyer is not helping as she said i only contracted her for the VAWA petition and the approval of the I-130 just shows that my marriage was in good faith. I am still married to my wife, but we do not live together. Please any one with prior experience or insight to this should please advise on :

1. What should i do?

2. What steps i should take?

Find below my timeline:- 

03/13/2017  Received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

03/28/2017 Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

04/07/2017 We mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.

01/29/2018  I-130 Interview

08/14/2018 We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian

08/14/2018 We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-485.

09/28/2018 Fingerprint relating to your Form I-485 was taken

03/23/2020 Your interview for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, was completed, and your case must be reviewed

03/23/2020 Interview Was Completed for I-485 And My Case Must Be Reviewed

03/24/2020 We approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

Thanks in advance for your speedy response.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

March 2017 filer here. Still silent 

Have you requested the congress to check in for you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Comforter said:

I am jan 10 2019 as well.Still waiting. I pray we all get the good news soon.Amen.

Amen, that’s all you can do is pray for your time and celebrate those who’ve gotten approval.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Librawarrior said:

Hey guys. How are you? Quick question here. I applied January 2019, no RFE to date. Applied for EAD renewal and it was processed right away and just approved. Ead was set to expire soon. Now it’s been 16 months since I applied Cor VAWA, is there any hope that my VAWA approval is closer?

Hi! I am a Jan 2019 filler, and I just got approved recently - it took 16 months for me. At the same time I know people who filed in Aug 2018 and are still waiting. It is quite unpredictable with USCIS, I guess it also depends on the officer working on your case and on how fast background checks are done. I hope you get approved soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.