Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, emma24 said:

I’m not 100% sure but I think Ready is after In Transit. 

Ready is after in transit, but the first ready doesn't really mean ready apparently! We are in ready mode, but haven't heard anything from the Embassy yet. Our ready says we're ready to schedule an interview, but I haven't paid for or submitted any documents yet. It looks like the are 7 more steps for us to go before we can schedule an interview.

Hopefully we'll be really "Ready" soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, USUK8 said:

Ready is after in transit, but the first ready doesn't really mean ready apparently! We are in ready mode, but haven't heard anything from the Embassy yet. Our ready says we're ready to schedule an interview, but I haven't paid for or submitted any documents yet. It looks like the are 7 more steps for us to go before we can schedule an interview.

Don’t get why it has to be so confusing! But I’m taking everything with a grain of salt anyway since Sweden embassy has specifically said they aren’t processing K1s unless you can prove you are exempt from The Schengen travel ban, which my fiancé isn’t. So it’s still a total waiting game for us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 12:33 AM, Greenbaum said:

Which embassy does your interview? I ask because I was thinking you had to go to Sweden but I wanted to confirm with you. Thanks

@Greenbaum do you happen to know what the normal order would be when checking your status online, if it wasn’t for Covid-19? I’m just curious and can’t seem to find an answer. We went from “at NVC” and next tile I checked it said “Ready”. What’s next? 

20 hours ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

I do have to go to Sweden 🙂

Really? I’m not even sure what that means. 

First link Embassy instructions and second is medical instructions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BisN4qiyeYPgm_ZSi_6VRs8XAecvTfIj/view?usp=sharing

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK - Stockholm.pdf

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

17 hours ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

Am I waiting for mine to change from “Ready” to “In transit”? Or is it the other way around? 

16 hours ago, emma24 said:

I’m not 100% sure but I think Ready is after In Transit. 

I produced a PDF file that I answer that question in detail. You can get a copy from the first page first post of this thread and you will know all the steps in the changing of your status.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, emma24 said:

Don’t get why it has to be so confusing! But I’m taking everything with a grain of salt anyway since Sweden embassy has specifically said they aren’t processing K1s unless you can prove you are exempt from The Schengen travel ban, which my fiancé isn’t. So it’s still a total waiting game for us!

It's not really confusing. There are parts that don't make sense now because you are not at that stage that NVC or the embassy will announce.  That's why I created the PDF to give you a better understanding of what takes place at this stage. Read the PDF on the first post of this thread and you will come out of the darkness. :thumbs: Also, I posted the links for the P3 and medical for Sweden in the above post.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16 hours ago, USUK8 said:

As I stated in the PDF the first "ready" is the electronic file arriving at the embassy and the second "ready" is the paper file from NVC that it is now received by the embassy.  Get the PDF from the first page first post of this thread and be enlightened. 

Read your embassy P3 letter and you will now the steps. I believe you are sending no documents to the embassy and none to NVC. Follow the instructions as outlined in the P3. How to get a copy is also outlined in the PDF. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

I'm happy to report that our case status changed today from "At NVC" to "In Transit." 🥳We received our NOA2 in mid-March, our case number was assigned in early April and our embassy is Sarajevo, Bosnia. Wishing everyone positive movement!! 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We are officially in Packet 3 gathering mode! We had most of it together and should be complete soon. Should have our interview date scheduled soon. Man, it's so great to be moving forward finally.

I'll add that I had to email the embassy to get the response that we we're really ready. They said their "notifications have been delayed" so who knows how long we could have sat and wasted time. They emailed us the information that we needed with their response luckily.

Edited by USUK8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just Updating everyone, I had my interview at Sydney Consulat in Australia on the 15th. I was approved but they were waiting on my medical as my interview was offered only a week out from the date and police cert for the same reason. Now just waiting for the NVC to switch from "refused" to "AP" now as they have recieved both documents as of this week.

Timeline

Hi! I’m wondering, has anyone yet had their interview or at least scheduled one? 
We got our NOA2 on March 25th and I’m just trying to see if anyone else is “at the same place” timeline wise. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 10/4/2020 at 3:47 AM, Simone Jakobsen said:

Hi! I’m wondering, has anyone yet had their interview or at least scheduled one? 
We got our NOA2 on March 25th and I’m just trying to see if anyone else is “at the same place” timeline wise. 

We have the same NOA2 date, and had our application sent to embassy on 29th Sept, with case status "ready" on 5th Oct. 

Currently waiting for Packet 3 instructions, and fingers crossed interview soon. 

Embassy: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

image.png.98b8433331c7a91a7bb3acf1e6c3d7d1.png

7 hours ago, Mexilaysian said:

We have the same NOA2 date, and had our application sent to embassy on 29th Sept, with case status "ready" on 5th Oct. 

Currently waiting for Packet 3 instructions, and fingers crossed interview soon. 

I'm not sure I have shared this with you or not but if it is repeated it's only because I don't recall those that I have helped with their P3 and those that I have not. Since I have most P3's I have no problem in sharing. If you find anything that is different about my copy and the copy you receive from your embassy please share so I can update for those applicants who come from behind you on their journey.

Here is a recent discussion on what is needed. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/641246-what-should-i-do-for-the-next-step/

P3 letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C4h0CxP_bX6JGCR8W-gMkJkaz1fWNRBD/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mexilaysian said:

image.png.98b8433331c7a91a7bb3acf1e6c3d7d1.png

Thank you for reaching out! 
I did just receive below email from the embassy and that made me a little sad, 

0BC6555B-4704-4620-9553-C5A5D4ECE212.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

Thank you for reaching out! 
I did just receive below email from the embassy and that made me a little sad, 

0BC6555B-4704-4620-9553-C5A5D4ECE212.png

This is crazy. I wonder what "higher priority" means for K1 if they will be interviewed only after "full" routine services resume. I don't think embassies will do routine services until Coronavirus pandemic is over or new administration is in the White House in January 2021.

Edited by imsan
Clarify

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.