Sarge2155

March 2020 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,089 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2021 at 3:22 AM, kswheezy said:

I don't mind sharing a summarized version. I was trying not to splash our business across the internet, but maybe it will help someone determine if they would like to request.

I have a child that considers my fiance their father, something that we are going to make legal once we are married. I explained in detail to the embassy and NVC that my fiance and I had planned for him to be back here much sooner than what became reality to support our kiddo with remote learning and be the primary stay at home parent as I worked to support us. Super summarized, but that is the generalized body of it. I just explained in much more detail the emotional and financial strain it was putting on me and my little family.

It's kind of confusing as we were never told that we were "approved for an expedite", but the embassy finally requested the case from the NVC after I explained to them that I had requested the expedite at NVC per their recommendation, and that I was subsequently told from the NVC that they could not forward my case to the embassy as it was not back to routine visa services. That might all sound super confusing... but it was a lot of emails between myself, the embassy, and NVC. I was just sincere with the hardship we faced. It wasn't until I notified the embassy that the NVC stated that they could not forward my request for review, and the embassy contacted the NVC, that our case was then "In Transit" 2 business days later. It doesn't hurt to ask. 

Interesting. I'm in the EXACT same situation. The NVC gave me the same response, and next thing I know my case is at the Embassy.

Could you explain to me what did you tell the consulate and what did they say to you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, fezlopez said:

Interesting. I'm in the EXACT same situation. The NVC gave me the same response, and next thing I know my case is at the Embassy.

Could you explain to me what did you tell the consulate and what did they say to you?

It sounds like you are further along than I was when I got the embassy involved. That's great that your case is there. I emailed our embassy and just explained in detail what was going on in my life and what our plans were and the different hardships that COVID had taken on me and our child both from a financial and emotional standpoint, and how having my fiancé here would alleviate that stress. It wasn't anything grand. I think each embassy is going to be different the way they receive and deal with these requests. I do think that they have been processing cases regardless at ours, it probably just helped to bring it to their attention that we were very ready.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Howie824 said:

They received my application on Feb 24. I just got the NOA1 in the mail today. The notice date said March 23. They cashed my check on March 24. They did not send me text or email even though I filed  G-1145, E-Notification of Application/ Petition Acceptance

Edited by AishaniA93

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The USCIS received our response to an RFE asking for more evidence that our marriage is legit on March 1, 2021. We are not even married, we filed for a K-1 visa, but that is beside the point. It has been over three months now since they received the response. Does anyone have any idea when they may approve or deny or application? Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, m126531 said:

Any March filers still stuck waiting for NOA2 after sending in RFE? :(

Yes, they received our response to the RFE on March 1,2021 and we still have not heard anything.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:22 AM, kswheezy said:

I don't mind sharing a summarized version. I was trying not to splash our business across the internet, but maybe it will help someone determine if they would like to request.

I have a child that considers my fiance their father, something that we are going to make legal once we are married. I explained in detail to the embassy and NVC that my fiance and I had planned for him to be back here much sooner than what became reality to support our kiddo with remote learning and be the primary stay at home parent as I worked to support us. Super summarized, but that is the generalized body of it. I just explained in much more detail the emotional and financial strain it was putting on me and my little family.

It's kind of confusing as we were never told that we were "approved for an expedite", but the embassy finally requested the case from the NVC after I explained to them that I had requested the expedite at NVC per their recommendation, and that I was subsequently told from the NVC that they could not forward my case to the embassy as it was not back to routine visa services. That might all sound super confusing... but it was a lot of emails between myself, the embassy, and NVC. I was just sincere with the hardship we faced. It wasn't until I notified the embassy that the NVC stated that they could not forward my request for review, and the embassy contacted the NVC, that our case was then "In Transit" 2 business days later. It doesn't hurt to ask. 

Did you take the initiative yourself to email or the embassy or did NVC direct you to do it? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
9 hours ago, Beegirl said:

Did you take the initiative yourself to email or the embassy or did NVC direct you to do it? 

Yes, I had already been speaking with the embassy through email prior to our case being at the NVC stage, just asking what their plan was to go forward with K1 interviews and such. When they told me that I needed to request an expedite through the NVC (an email), which I did, and the email back from the NVC was that the embassy wasn't accepting cases... I emailed the embassy again with the info. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.