dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

Yeah so I heard,  I will try again over the next few days. Have you had your medical yet, would like to hear about the experience? Mine is schedule for 24th Feb 2020.

It took about 4 days I think before I could register the appointment. To be honest, this step isn't time critical as long as you do it before the interview. All you're doing is telling them how to return your passport. You would also use that website to rearrange the appointment if you needed to (which I definitely would avoid doing). 

Yes I had my medical a couple of weeks ago. Took about 1.5hrs, most of which was just spent waiting around so bring a book. When you get there you complete a a couple of forms, they take your photo with a digital camera and give you a cup to pee in. Then you have a chest x-ray, then see a nurse who goes through your medical questionnaire and history (including checking your vaccinations). Best advice is to have this up to date before interview. Assuming you're in the 18-64 camp you need MMR (normally given in 2 doses but only need first one to satisfy visa requirement), Td/Tdap and flu (varicella not required). Only the flu virus is unavailable on the NHS but you can get it from superdrug or boots. Just keep the receipt and have your GP add it to your record. Patient summary is important so make sure you bring that along. Also check that the summary has information on any medication you've taken/are taking. I had to send them extra info on this in the form of a GP letter saying that I am not currently on any medication (absurd... )

Final part is a chat with a doctor who does some checks on your general health and draws some blood. Assuming all in order and they find no adverse results in your blood/urine they forward the file electronically to the embassy in about a week. Rather unhelpfully they don't confirm they've done this; I had to email to verify that they'd forwarded the file. 

3 minutes ago, razorontour said:

It took about 4 days I think before I could register the appointment. To be honest, this step isn't time critical as long as you do it before the interview. All you're doing is telling them how to return your passport. You would also use that website to rearrange the appointment if you needed to (which I definitely would avoid doing). 

Yes I had my medical a couple of weeks ago. Took about 1.5hrs, most of which was just spent waiting around so bring a book. When you get there you complete a a couple of forms, they take your photo with a digital camera and give you a cup to pee in. Then you have a chest x-ray, then see a nurse who goes through your medical questionnaire and history (including checking your vaccinations). Best advice is to have this up to date before interview. Assuming you're in the 18-64 camp you need MMR (normally given in 2 doses but only need first one to satisfy visa requirement), Td/Tdap and flu (varicella not required). Only the flu virus is unavailable on the NHS but you can get it from superdrug or boots. Just keep the receipt and have your GP add it to your record. Patient summary is important so make sure you bring that along. Also check that the summary has information on any medication you've taken/are taking. I had to send them extra info on this in the form of a GP letter saying that I am not currently on any medication (absurd... )

Final part is a chat with a doctor who does some checks on your general health and draws some blood. Assuming all in order and they find no adverse results in your blood/urine they forward the file electronically to the embassy in about a week. Rather unhelpfully they don't confirm they've done this; I had to email to verify that they'd forwarded the file. 

Good to know, I have my second shot of MMR due next week Saturday. The flu vaccination , do you mean influenza or something else(sorry I am really confused with those vaccinations, lol). I plan to have the influenza vaccinations from Superdrug next so that should be cover. Given that I already have my GP summary , how do I add the flu vaccinations on it? And also my summary do not include any medications on it, how did you provide the letter? Is it just a written statement from you saying you are not on any medication? Or do I need to get my GP to write a letter? Thanx in advance for your help on this ( i just want to be ready for this)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

Is there a separate application we need to fill out for applying for the social security card? 

No, there was a question on the DS-260 asking if you wanted a SSN card application done for you, if you selected yes, then the card will be mailed to you soon after you enter the states. 

If you didn't select that, or if the card doesnt come in two weeks, all you have to do it go to your nearest social security office and apply. its free and you should get a card in the mail shortly after that

13 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

Good to know, I have my second shot of MMR due next week Saturday. The flu vaccination , do you mean influenza or something else(sorry I am really confused with those vaccinations, lol). I plan to have the influenza vaccinations from Superdrug next so that should be cover. Given that I already have my GP summary , how do I add the flu vaccinations on it? And also my summary do not include any medications on it, how did you provide the letter? Is it just a written statement from you saying you are not on any medication? Or do I need to get my GP to write a letter? Thanx in advance for your help on this ( i just want to be ready for this)

Yup flu = abbreviation of influenza. You just ask your gp surgery to update your vaccinations history (show them the receipt from superdrug) and then get them to print a new patient summary. You can ask your GP to specifically print off your medication history. In my case I had none because I haven't been on any medication hence I just got a letter from the surgery confirming that I am not currently taking any medication. 

4 minutes ago, razorontour said:

Yup flu = abbreviation of influenza. You just ask your gp surgery to update your vaccinations history (show them the receipt from superdrug) and then get them to print a new patient summary. You can ask your GP to specifically print off your medication history. In my case I had none because I haven't been on any medication hence I just got a letter from the surgery confirming that I am not currently taking any medication. 

I have yellow book with all my vaccinations on it, will they not accept that instead? Does it need to be specifically in the GP summary? I am just conscious of time, I will do the rest of the vaccinations on 22nd and my medical is 24th (which leaves little time for them to transfer the info in my GP summary) And also I dont think I have kept the receipts for the MMR , I just had it added to my yellow book. 

7 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

I have yellow book with all my vaccinations on it, will they not accept that instead? Does it need to be specifically in the GP summary? I am just conscious of time, I will do the rest of the vaccinations on 22nd and my medical is 24th (which leaves little time for them to transfer the info in my GP summary) And also I dont think I have kept the receipts for the MMR , I just had it added to my yellow book. 

Yellow book is fine as proof of your other vaccinations. You can then just take in the receipt from superdrug to evidence receiving the flu vac

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sharon124 said:

Is there a separate application we need to fill out for applying for the social security card? 

If you didn't check the box at the end of the application for an automatic SSN issuance, then you'll need to go to your local SS office and apply.  If you checked the box, a SSN should be issued to you and arrive within a couple of weeks of you activating your visa at your POE. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi everyone , 

I am soooo happy !! 
i just received my IL 🎉🎉🎉🎉

DQ : 01/23/2020

Interview : 03/04/2020 

hihaaaaaa!!!!! Let’s go to the LAST step !!!  

Congratulations. I have updated you.See they read your post and said Wait a minute. The embassies tend to read these post. :)

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, Jaret&Rachael said:

I got my interview letter today! I was eating spicy food and bawling my eyes out lol. 

DQ October 24th, 2019.

Interview Letter: Feb 11th, 2020.

Interview: March 16th, 2020. Montreal consulate in Canada

Booked my medical with Medisys Montreal on March 10th, 2020, the gentleman was very kind over the phone. 

Awwww you going to make me  cry. I love it when people get joy and happiness. Congratulations. I have updated you.

But DANGGGGGGGGGGGG Oct. 24th DQ. My Lord. glad you are just a month away now.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, Avdoholgirl said:

Did youR case status changed to ready before you receive interview date 

First you get Interview date and you will see status change to "IN TRANSIT" (sometimes if you watch every day) then READY.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 1:00 PM, slp said:

Documentarily Qualified: January 31, 2020

Interview Letter: February 11, 2020

Interview: March 25, 2020

Congratulations. I have updated you.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 5:12 PM, AndIAmIronMan said:

Hey guys, I have reached US 5 weeks back, wondering when we will be getting our Green Card mail post? 
Can anyone who reached recently share their timeline between US arrival and Green Card receive date?

Did you pay the $220 Immigration fee after you got the visa?

Everyone's timeline is different until you reach 120 days nothing USCIS can do.

Are you tracking your card what is the status? Does it say Immigration fee paid.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 2/12/2020 at 4:33 AM, Caresse33 said:

I got my interview for 6th March 2020, the email just came in. I have changed my name however the invitation is still showing my maiden name, will this cause an issue. I have completed my DS260 with my married name. 

Verify name is correct at interview. They go by the name you put on the DS-260.

Is your passport also changed to new name?

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.