Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

@Cyndy&Onyi and others, when filing 485, 765, and 131, did you submit 2 photos only or two for each forms?

Kindly let me know. Planning to submit our docs today.

I submitted 2 photos for each form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

I submitted 2 photos for each form.

thanks a lot. 

anybody had an RFE with only 2 photos submitted for all the forms?

This thread is very helpful. Thank you all for participating. 

My husband (USC) is submitting form I-130 online today as I'm getting ready to mail other forms (I-485, I-131, I-765) in by Feb 24th. Did anyone go through a similar process of submitting I-130 online? If so, do I need to include anything regarding our I-130 filing with all the other forms we are mailing in?

On 1/31/2020 at 1:19 PM, Sarge2155 said:

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

Be sure to  double check for the current fees as fees do sometimes increase for the new year, so please check. Additionally check the forms as listed above i.e., current version and or edition date. Consider sending tax transcripts instead of the 1040, and W2's. Also consider preparing a cover letter for each form in addition to the main  cover letter. Hope this helps in your preparation of your AOS. When in doubt ask questions.

Question about your I-864 materials...you said to consider using tax transcripts instead of 1040 and W2's but I saw that you also included in Tax Return with W-2 as well as a letter. If we just include tax transcripts and the paystubs from the last 3 months, do you think that is enough?

We can try to gather more information but that would take too long and we would like to submit everything asap.

Thank you for your help on this!

3 hours ago, FWEAK said:

May I know which date your check been cashed? 

Cuz I got my case number from USCIS rep.but I saw my bank shows processing still so I don't know if USCIS got my money or no?

Cuz so far I haven't got any text or email notificateion yet?

The case numbers are what matter. Do you honestly think your Uncle Sam won't get his money? Don't worry about the money it WILL get taken, remember today is a bank holiday.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 minutes ago, PimT said:

Question about your I-864 materials...you said to consider using tax transcripts instead of 1040 and W2's but I saw that you also included in Tax Return with W-2 as well as a letter. If we just include tax transcripts and the paystubs from the last 3 months, do you think that is enough?

We can try to gather more information but that would take too long and we would like to submit everything asap.

Thank you for your help on this!

That's  tax transcript or 1040 and w2s. With tax transcripts you don't  have to supply the 1040 and w2s. Transcript is preferred but the 1040 and w2s will work. The letter from your employer is needed regardless if your using a transcript or 1040. I would suggest if you don't  have the transcript now, when you request it use the deliver online  mode, as the mail option takes about 10 days to get. You don't  have time to waste waiting for the mail.  February  24th is next week!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, Amaterasu said:

Hi everyone!

Filled on Thursday 13th, and delivered on Friday 14th. Just waiting for the acceptance, looking forward to getting the EAD approved so I can start working again :)

Glad to be among everyone.

Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

1 hour ago, wingman23 said:

@Cyndy&Onyi and others, when filing 485, 765, and 131, did you submit 2 photos only or two for each forms?

The first post of this thread is an accurate outlay of what is needed in your packet. It list 2 photos for EACH. If you send less than what they ask for be prepared for an RFE!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

The first post of this thread is an accurate outlay of what is needed in your packet. It list 2 photos for EACH. If you send less than what they ask for be prepared for an RFE!

thanks @Sarge2155. noticed that but since im filling concurrently the three forms, i dont think i need to provide multiples copies of each proof as well, such as i-94, copies of i-797, or birth certificates.  im asking for photos because those could not be reproduced at their site. but please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

6 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

thanks @Sarge2155. noticed that but since im filling concurrently the three forms, i dont think i need to provide multiples copies of each proof as well, such as i-94, copies of i-797, or birth certificates.  im asking for photos because those could not be reproduced at their site. but please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Most of us do file  concurrently,  keep in mind  in case  you did not know the I-485 is approved at your local  office, the I-131 and the I-765 are adjudicated at NBC, in other words each packet is broken  up and each of the forms are treated as a stand alone form. Thus they ask for triplicate  forms. Your packet does not remain together.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Most of us do file  concurrently,  keep in mind  in case  you did not know the I-485 is approved at your local  office, the I-131 and the I-765 are adjudicated at NBC, in other words each packet is broken  up and each of the forms are treated as a stand alone form. Thus they ask for triplicate  forms. Your packet does not remain together.

thanks sarge! while waiting for your response, i already printed copies of each listed requirements from page 1. ;)

1 minute ago, wingman23 said:

thanks sarge! while waiting for your response, i already printed copies of each listed requirements from page 1. ;)

Please don't  read into the requirements meaning what YOU think is required, if you do that expect a hard time from USCIS.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, FWEAK said:

May I know which date your check been cashed? 

Cuz I got my case number from USCIS rep.but I saw my bank shows processing still so I don't know if USCIS got my money or no?

Cuz so far I haven't got any text or email notificateion yet?

I used the Credit Card Authorization Form G-1450 instead of a check. My Credit card was charged on February 14th. I didn't get a case number though, just a text that said "Your case has been receieved".

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi
Add more

Timeline
2 hours ago, wingman23 said:

I did 2 photos per each form :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

The case numbers are what matter. Do you honestly think your Uncle Sam won't get his money? Don't worry about the money it WILL get taken, remember today is a bank holiday.

Do we get this with the NOA1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.