Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

1,258 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, Greenbaum said:
  • How long is it taking approximately for them to receive the application and create a  case number?

30 days to NVC and 1-2 weeks for case number to be assigned. Your mileage may vary.

• Also I read you don't submit a affidavit of support until you're in the US

Not true. You must submit your financials which is included but not limited to I-134 and the new DS-5040. Each embassy is different so wait till you get your P3 letter for the most up to date information for your embassy.

• as if it's required before the interview is even scheduled

The DS-160 is required to be completed before the interview and most embassies are requiring you to complete as the confirmation number is used in the interview scheduling phase. Again, your mileage may vary.

If you haven't already done so many of these topics are talked about in the PDF file found on the first page of this thread in the first posting. Download a copy to review.

Thank you so much for your help!

9 hours ago, caitlinrose88 said:

Okay guys, random question that I haven’t gotten an answer to on the Canada forum. 

My fiancé, in filling out the DS160, put Vancouver in it instead of Montreal. Oops :( Is there a way to fix that? We’re not sure what to do. It’s already been submitted and the confirmation page says Vancouver even though they don’t process K1 there. 

Fix it at the interview with the CO. It's done all the time. No biggy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

We got a response for our transfer.  (not here, but IRL from the embassies) If anyone else is looking to transfer to another embassy/consulate you may need this form and send it to the embassy/consulate you are wishing to transfer to.  Then if they accept the transfer they will handle the transfer from there.

https://kr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/75/2016/07/DS3098.pdf

30 minutes ago, Ksena said:

Why wait the instructions are as follows.

You can send in your P3 now. A copy of the P3 is linked below. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actual one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS-160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterward.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

**Timeline note for clarity: fiance is a Venezuelan national interviewing in Juarez, Mexico**

Case received today, 03/09/2020 by NVC and case number assigned. Called 603-334-0888 around 11:30 MST and was on hold for about 30 minutes. Although the initial message when I called said that I would need the passport number, the operator only asked for my receipt number, my name and date of birth (I am the petitioner).

NOA2:  02/20/2020 (18 days from NOA2 to NVC receive)

4 minutes ago, MKJ119 said:

**Timeline note for clarity: fiance is a Venezuelan national interviewing in Juarez, Mexico**

Case received today, 03/09/2020 by NVC and case number assigned. Called 603-334-0888 around 11:30 MST and was on hold for about 30 minutes. Although the initial message when I called said that I would need the passport number, the operator only asked for my receipt number, my name and date of birth (I am the petitioner).

NOTE for those who do not use there country that they will interview with in their profile will not get current information for their interviewing embassy. Old sea dogs can't remember your embassy when he is answering more then 30,000 questions. Funny thing is, its in the PDF. Please change your country in your profile. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ksena said:

You send it when you get your email (depending if you added your email at NVC stage). Which is at the second 'ready' status.

Sending it early can possibly mess with your timeline.  (The Canadian K1 group I am in (the one I sent you a link too--, someone did that, and it delayed her by a few weeks - but let me know how it goes)

Second ready status can take between 1-2 weeks.

Edited by Zaraliaya

10 minutes ago, Zaraliaya said:

You send it when you get your email (depending if you added your email at NVC stage). Which is at the second 'ready' status.

Sending it early can possibly mess with your timeline.  (The Canadian K1 group I am in (the one I sent you a link too--, someone did that, and it delayed her by a few weeks - but let me know how it goes)

Second ready status can take between 1-2 weeks.

I emailed it today! Oh well :D i will let you know ... fingers crossed :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Zaraliaya. What do you mean by second ready? My ceac does state ready twice is this what you are referring you? 

I received no email from NVC after they stated that they sent my K1 visa to the embassy

I have not received an email from the Jamaican consulate either.

Screenshot_20200309-175645.png

Edited by Empressdivine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, MKJ119 said:

Your post inspired me to call in too..  Our case was received today also, but they hadn't assigned a case # yet - but they only thing they asked for was our receipt # also!  My fiance' will be interviewing in Kingston, Jamaica :wub:  I'm impressed that it only took 12 days in transit to arrive at NVC!  *much* faster than the 4.5 months at USCIS!  Hallelujah!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Empressdivine said:

@Zaraliaya. What do you mean by second ready? My ceac does state ready twice is this what you are referring you? 

I received no email from NVC after they stated that they sent my K1 visa to the embassy

I have not received an email from the Jamaican consulate either.

Screenshot_20200309-175645.png

I was giving her information based of the Montreal Embassy where we have to wait until the second ready to get a P3.
You would have to find out about your embassy. I don't know how yours works.

2 hours ago, Empressdivine said:

@Zaraliaya. What do you mean by second ready? My ceac does state ready twice is this what you are referring you? I received no email from NVC after they stated that they sent my K1 visa to the embassy. I have not received an email from the Jamaican consulate either.

Here is information on what needs to be done for the interview in Jamica.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ERecgo5v-dxtBw0bhvjHbq6u64IW0-5w/view?usp=sharing

http://www.visajourney.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=22474

Financial

For JA they accept as proof of income only the following items:

Tax transcript for the past three years

Copies of W-2's for the past three years

Letter from your employer

Six months of Payroll Check stubs

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Zaraliaya said:

Same!

I think the approx wait time now is 1-2 weeks for P3, so a little more waiting for us!

My fiance will also be interviewing at Montreal. I've read the PDF a few times and I'm still a little confused... what do you mean by the first and second "ready"? We've filled out the DS 160 so I'm assuming that is one of the readys. Where does the other one come from? Sorry for the noob questions 😬

7 hours ago, caitlinrose88 said:

My fiance will also be interviewing at Montreal. I've read the PDF a few times and I'm still a little confused... what do you mean by the first and second "ready"? We've filled out the DS 160 so I'm assuming that is one of the readys. Where does the other one come from? Sorry for the noob questions 😬

Here is the explanation on the two ready conditions for Canada. In reality you can start with preparations for Canada as soon as your file is on it's way. You are not allowed to schedule your interview for C but most embassies are different then C and allow their applicants to do the entire process themselves. C will do nothing till your record has been delivered (first ready) and then after they have checked your file into their system and that will be the second ready. You can only see the changes in the ready conditions if you pay close attention to CEAC.state.gov website where the dates will change. Once you see the second "ready" the first thing you do is get a copy of the P3 from someone and complete all the items there. Return them to the embassy and then the embassy will send you their P4 which is further instructions. Maybe their is a kind soul here that can help with that.

Please change your country in your profile to Canada and not Ireland. You are interview in Canada not Ireland and therefor it should match the country to which you will interviewing in. That gives those of us who pay attention to embassy specific answer to your question a better opportunity to serve you.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.