Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

1,258 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 6:04 AM, Cilllah said:

The website is awful! I had to do two and honestly for my application one of the pages just kept disappearing before I could finish it. The employment history page! i eventually got it working but man.

The employment history was fine for me, I'm still at my first job. It surprised me when it asked for my education history. I wasn't expecting that to be on there. I've been in 3 schools but it's been 15 years since the last one. Apparently one of them doesn't even exist anymore so I only found info about two, so those are the ones I eventually put on there.

My travel history was the worst part, I've been there twentyish times and the i94 only had my info up until 2015. I guessed on the ones before that. It also would've been a lot easier if it had options for entry and departure dates because I wasn't expecting to have to calculate the days for each one. I also didn't expect the site to give me an error so after finally filling all of them out the first time, it didn't save. I had to calculate all of it over again. Super fun. I really hope I can retrieve the application once I have my photos and I can upload them. I also really hope it's not going to give me an error when I want to print it or pay for it.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 4/30/2020 at 12:05 PM, sl1pstream said:

Is it just me or is the DS-160 form website hot garbage? It's supposed to expire after 20 minutes but it wouldn't even let me complete a page before timing out. It took me 4 hours to fill out the entire thing after restarting at least 10 times. It also wouldn't let me save it to my hard drive, so I'm hoping that it'll let me log in when I get the photos, because the online save is supposed to expire after 30 days. It's also not letting me proceed without uploading a photo so I have to upload it since taking the photo to the embassy instead isn't an option.

Experienced the exact same thing but when I did it, it was so bad it took me 4 days to finally get it done. Seriously. Sometimes it would time out in about 3 minutes and I'd lose all my progress

On 5/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, sl1pstream said:

The employment history was fine for me, I'm still at my first job. It surprised me when it asked for my education history. I wasn't expecting that to be on there. I've been in 3 schools but it's been 15 years since the last one. Apparently one of them doesn't even exist anymore so I only found info about two, so those are the ones I eventually put on there.

My travel history was the worst part, I've been there twentyish times and the i94 only had my info up until 2015. I guessed on the ones before that. It also would've been a lot easier if it had options for entry and departure dates because I wasn't expecting to have to calculate the days for each one. I also didn't expect the site to give me an error so after finally filling all of them out the first time, it didn't save. I had to calculate all of it over again. Super fun. I really hope I can retrieve the application once I have my photos and I can upload them. I also really hope it's not going to give me an error when I want to print it or pay for it.

You present a good learning process because of your personal experience. I put this out there for others who are working on the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. Take a screen shot of every page prior to you either saving or submitting and if you do run into difficulties then you have a copy to refer back to. 

That DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application has been the most difficult form of all the forms that must be submitted to complete. It always has bugs that cause people to lose information causing them to start over. When we went through this process there were three forms that had to be filled out the old fashion way: pen or pencil. Just as we were next for our interview they came out with the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application but it was very easy as it was two pages long at that time and didn't require us to upload a picture. Ten minutes to complete. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, GinaCarterWebster said:

Now that we have been transferred to the Jamaican Embassy (April 6, 2020) is there another group/thread I should be following?  

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, BlackAfrodyte said:

I was just informed by the embassy,  that the proclamation does applies to k1 visa, and that they cannot proceed at this time. 💔💔💔😔

I think this is the second comment I've seen embassy informing people about K1....omg my nitghtmare is becoming true...😡

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 minutes ago, :Sarah: said:

I think this is the second comment I've seen embassy informing people about K1....omg my nitghtmare is becoming true...😡

So is mine...June 23rd it ceases...hopefully. 

4 hours ago, BlackAfrodyte said:

I was just informed by the embassy,  that the proclamation does applies to k1 visa, and that they cannot proceed at this time. 💔💔💔😔

Well then the embassy should call the Boarder Control at the airports as they are still letting K-1's in. Just last week I saw two who commented that they were able to enter. If it were me, I keep plowing ahead. Better to have a visa in hand then not. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Well then the embassy should call the Boarder Control at the airports as they are still letting K-1's in. Just last week I saw two who commented that they were able to enter. If it were me, I keep plowing ahead. Better to have a visa in hand then not. 

Do you know from where? Which border? So I can email them again. 

9 hours ago, :Sarah: said:

Everyone, please clarify with your embassy. Seems like different embassies interpret the message differently. The embassy in my country states it is not HOWEVER, NVC is not fowarding our petition to them (>1 month in transit) despite the embassy requested. My conclusion is that everyone in the NVC interept the message differently - different customer service agents says differently, different supervisor says different thing. There's never a clear cut answer from NVC. The trend it seems that some petitions were lucky to made it out while others weren't so lucky. Now we have to sit and wait. 

Also, the presidential proclamation states that there will be a review of non-immigrant visas in 30 days this month. I hope then it would provide crystal clear where K visas stands.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ryceryce said:

Everyone, please clarify with your embassy. Seems like different embassies interpret the message differently. The embassy in my country states it is not HOWEVER, NVC is not fowarding our petition to them (>1 month in transit) despite the embassy requested. My conclusion is that everyone in the NVC interept the message differently - different customer service agents says differently, different supervisor says different thing. There's never a clear cut answer from NVC. The trend it seems that some petitions were lucky to made it out while others weren't so lucky. Now we have to sit and wait. 

Also, the presidential proclamation states that there will be a review of non-immigrant visas in 30 days this month. I hope then it would provide crystal clear where K visas stands.

I agree, it's like everyone thinks all the Embassies work the same way. Just like they think the process for K1s work the same for everyone, and it doesn't.

At this moment, for me, I just want the Montreal Embassy to open to process interviews, and then have the US border open, I got unlucky and sent P3 in the day before they closed or something close to it :( No possible dates suck! lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, sl1pstream said:

Are they asking for the employment and education history for the Petitioner or Beneficiary, or both?  Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Milmauka said:

Are they asking for the employment and education history for the Petitioner or Beneficiary, or both?  Thanks

Beneficiary.

Edited by sl1pstream

12 hours ago, BlackAfrodyte said:

Do you know from where? Which border? So I can email them again. 

It will make no difference if one embassy is doing something that another is not. The way I see it is that you must be aware what your embassy is saying and is doing. As I always say, "the man with the gold makes the rules". So, stay in touch with those from your sub-forum and to your embassy's website for further information and updates.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

2 hours ago, Milmauka said:

DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application is all about the beneficiary. The I-134, Affidavit of Support is about the petitioner.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.