Dashinka

Denver Post Columnist Claims He Was Fired for Insisting There Are Only Two Sexes

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Denver Post Columnist Claims He Was Fired for Insisting There Are Only Two Sexes

By ZACHARY EVAN January 20, 2020 6:31 PM
A columnist at The Denver Post claimed on Friday that he was fired for recognizing only two sexes.

“What seemed to be the last straw for my column was my insistence that there are only two sexes and my frustration that to be inclusive of the transgendered (even that word isn’t allowed) we must lose our right to free speech,” wrote columnist Jon Caldara, the president of a libertarian think tank known as the Independence Institute, in a Facebook post announcing his departure from the paper.

“I don’t care who uses whose bathroom, what you wear, or how you identify. People from this community have rights which we must protect,” Caldara went on, “But to force us to use inaccurate pronouns, to force us to teach our kids that there are more than two sexes, to call what is plainly a man in a dress, well, not a man in a dress violates our right of speech.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/denver-post-columnist-claims-he-was-fired-for-insisting-there-are-only-two-sexes/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

By ZACHARY EVAN January 20, 2020 6:31 PM
A columnist at The Denver Post claimed on Friday that he was fired for recognizing only two sexes.

“What seemed to be the last straw for my column was my insistence that there are only two sexes and my frustration that to be inclusive of the transgendered (even that word isn’t allowed) we must lose our right to free speech,” wrote columnist Jon Caldara, the president of a libertarian think tank known as the Independence Institute, in a Facebook post announcing his departure from the paper.

“I don’t care who uses whose bathroom, what you wear, or how you identify. People from this community have rights which we must protect,” Caldara went on, “But to force us to use inaccurate pronouns, to force us to teach our kids that there are more than two sexes, to call what is plainly a man in a dress, well, not a man in a dress violates our right of speech.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/denver-post-columnist-claims-he-was-fired-for-insisting-there-are-only-two-sexes/

Worked with a guy years ago who was late every day. He got lot's of warnings, then finally he was told he would be terminated if he was late one more time. So he did OK for a few weeks and then came a big blizzard and everyone was late (including him). He ended up getting fired and his version of the events was how unfair it was that everyone was late because of the storm, but he was the only one who got fired for it. 

Long story short (I guess),  I've never met anyone who got fired that wants to accept responsibility for their own actions. Read between the lines though. He didn't get fired because of this column, he got fired because this column was the last straw.

Ultimately, Colorado is a right to work state and people like Jon are the ones who wanted it that way. Why whine about it now. Time to suck it up. He's not much to read, but he'll get another job and a go fund me page out of all the publicity. Hope he find's a better fit. 

Edited by Steeleballz

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If the man was truly libertarian, he would get his act together and start his own newspaper and not whine about the loss of opportunities.  

Ayn Rand would be so dissapointed. 

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I wasn't aware the scientific understanding of two genders was a "conservative" position.

Right leaning folk seem unburdened by logic and science when it comes to the co2 in the air. Get back to us when you really want to talk about science.

Filed: Timeline
36 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I wasn't aware the scientific understanding of two genders was a "conservative" position.

Please be more kind with your words.  Someone may get triggered.

30 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Right leaning folk seem unburdened by logic and science when it comes to the co2 in the air. Get back to us when you really want to talk about science.

I rest my case.

Edited by ALFKAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I identify as more than 2 genders in a day, never mind a week.

Best to keep your options open.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Hmmm. A dilemma. I'm not sure the Post is worth disabling my add blocker for. Although I am fairly sure I know the gist of the article.

https://www.westword.com/news/layoffs-at-iheartradio-station-in-denver-leaves-listeners-reeling-11612439

Years ago I used to subscribe to the Post, it has gone uber woke and I am not sure how it survives, some years back it was on the edge of bankruptcy.

Owned I believe by a Hedge Fund, quite how they expect to get anything out of this I do not know.

I recollect they have had substantial layoffs and this guy is their top columnist, but go broke seems their preferred option.

They used to have a lively comments section but I think chopped it as people kept on posting the facts of a story rather than their twist. It was quite funny, you could easily spot this and it is not that difficult to find out what really happened.

https://www.westword.com/news/denver-post-columnist-jon-caldara-i-was-fired-for-not-being-politically-correct-11614187

Worth a read.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

And left leaning folks decide science by consensus?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

And left leaning folks decide science by consensus?

It's the lefty postmodernist version of science:

An intellectual current characterized by the more-or-less explicit rejection of the rationalist tradition of the Enlightenment, by theoretical discourses disconnected from any empirical test, and by a cognitive and cultural relativism that regards science as nothing more than a “narration”, a “myth” or a social construction among many others.

You see this social construction play out on gender, where people can invent genders subjectively and try to force others to recognize it, even though science demonstrates there's only XX and XY chromosomes in humans. It plays out when they talk about "consensus" being truth rather than proof, truth by the cudgel of peer pressure (and comically obsessed with trying to inflate the numbers of their support rather than the proof of claims bearing out in reality), which is to say, postmodernist trash trying to assimilate science into leftist dogma. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds