Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, lucardo3 said:

Did you also get gelp from your Senator?

I was yet to give my information to case worker to look for my application but it got approved after 6 weeks on its own. So no help from anyone

My Time line is Updated! 

7 hours ago, lucardo3 said:

I got e mail this morning my Passport was approved and shipped. Processed at Dallas passport Agency. Applied on August 10th. They started to process on August 20th. Exactly 4 weeks.

I am so glad for you my friend🥳🥳🥳👏👏👏👏👏

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Can anyone help me understand why it is taking so long for them to process my passport and help me calculate when can I expect it just by using the numbers?

I sent the application on July 20, My status changed to "In Process" on July 24. It is being processed in Chicago.

A person from another forum sent their application to the Chicago Passport Center on July 15 and on August 27 they received their passport (6 weeks).

My status is still "In Process". 

On the week of July 23-29 there were 1,150,000 passports awaiting issuance.

From Jul 23 to Sep 10 1,002,000 new applications were received. 

Adding these two numbers = 2,152,000

A total of 1,316,000 passports were issued between July 23 and September 10. 

The Department of State says that applications will be processed in the order they were received.

I am calculating that there are 2,152,000 - 1,316,000 = 836,000 applications in front of mine. 

From September 4 to 10 there were 110,000 applications received and 129,000 passports issued, which gives us a difference of only 19,000 passports.

if it goes on this rate, it will take 44 more weeks (836/19) for them to process my passport 😨 !!!????

Is there a more optimistic way to do this math? 

Also, I have a tracking number now, what is it useful for?

Edited by BRgirlUS
add question

Timeline
6 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

Can anyone help me understand why it is taking so long for them to process my passport and help me calculate when can I expect it just by using the numbers?

I sent the application on July 20, My status changed to "In Process" on July 24. It is being processed in Chicago.

A person from another forum sent their application to the Chicago Passport Center on July 15 and on August 27 they received their passport (6 weeks).

The Department of State says that applications will be processed in the order they were received.

I am calculating that there are 2,152,000 - 1,316,000 = 836,000 applications in front of mine. 

From September 4 to 10 there were 110,000 applications received and 129,000 passports issued, which gives us a difference of only 19,000 passports.

if it goes on this rate, it will take 44 more weeks (836/19) for them to process my passport 😨 !!!????

Yes!!

You're not using the FIFO principle.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

Well USCIS also says they process cases in orders as received and we all know that ain’t so. 
you could have ended up with a slow person or someone who is off who knows. Hopefully you will get yours soon! 

7 hours ago, lucardo3 said:

I got e mail this morning my Passport was approved and shipped. Processed at Dallas passport Agency. Applied on August 10th. They started to process on August 20th. Exactly 4 weeks.

Congrats! Good news for the Dallas people. Hope mine will be as quick.

2 minutes ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

Yes!!

You're not using the FIFO principle.

With the FIFO principle I was supposed to have received my passport already, because the number of issued passports up to now is already greater than the number of awaiting + received on the week on July 23-29.... :( 

It would be useful to know the percentage of passports that are expedited or don't follow the FIFO rule. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

With the FIFO principle I was supposed to have received my passport already, because the number of issued passports up to now is already greater than the number of awaiting + received on the week on July 23-29.... :( 

It would be useful to know the percentage of passports that are expedited or don't follow the FIFO rule. 

Now you need to figure in the individual agency that is processing your passport.

Your passport is randomly assigned to one of 25 offices.

The only expedited passports are military and their families, which is at its peak right now, as the stop move order has been lifted.

Some need 2 passports, official, and tourist.

I only got mine last week (6 weeks,1 day) 

You're due but not overdue.

18 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

You can lock it.. it all be viewable but nobody can make any changes! and if someone needs to add 

thats too long for not being able to track your application. did u call 1800 number yet? New Orleans is Phase 2 now so hopefully its quicker. 

Yeah it took longer to be trackable online. I did call the 800 number n they informed me about New Orleans + tracking number. I am in no rush as such but once I get the PP, I have to apply for my OCI card which takes again a month or two (+ updates in SSN office ) so I can visit India in December. 

Edited by KP2019

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KP2019 said:

Yeah it took longer to be trackable online. I did call the 800 number n they informed me about New Orleans + tracking number. I am in no rush as such but once I get the PP, I have to apply for my OCI card which takes again a month or two (+ updates in SSN office ) so I can visit India in December. 

i had same issue.. i have to go for Diwali but not sure if i can make it.. i am applying for reninuciation and OCI.. another BS not  to look forward for. . I wish India could just start E-visa again. 

My Time line is Updated! 

2 minutes ago, abhatia315 said:

i had same issue.. i have to go for Diwali but not sure if i can make it.. i am applying for reninuciation and OCI.. another BS not  to look forward for. . I wish India could just start E-visa again. 

Yeah man. There are lot of steps involved too, plus on two different websites for one thing. Pain in the butt. I will start looking into it once I see my passport is shipped. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, KP2019 said:

Yeah man. There are lot of steps involved too, plus on two different websites for one thing. Pain in the butt. I will start looking into it once I see my passport is shipped. 

Man I hate USPS. First of all it took 11 weeks for my passport to be processed and now it was shipped since 9/4 and I still have not got it. I see on tracking website that since yesterday morning it has been sitting at USPS location with a wrong zip code!!! They sent it to the wrong post office for distribution. Ridiculous, its like some voodoo has been done to make sure I don't receive it without hassles. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Texans_99 said:

Man I hate USPS. First of all it took 11 weeks for my passport to be processed and now it was shipped since 9/4 and I still have not got it. I see on tracking website that since yesterday morning it has been sitting at USPS location with a wrong zip code!!! They sent it to the wrong post office for distribution. Ridiculous, its like some voodoo has been done to make sure I don't receive it without hassles. 

This is weird, I have a USPS Priority package coming from Houston, tracking shows leaving Houston arriving in it Phoenix, the back to Houston? Im in LA

Maybe a USPS truck went the wrong way?

Edited by NEW CITIZEN

Timeline
10 hours ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

This is weird, I have a USPS Priority package coming from Houston, tracking shows leaving Houston arriving in it Phoenix, the back to Houston? Im in LA

Maybe a USPS truck went the wrong way?

I got my naturalization certificate yesterday, and finally my passport is routed to the correct office. So much hassle. Now showing Monday delivery

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.