Since2012

January 2020 Filer for Parents I-130.

557 posts in this topic

Interesting information:

As Table 1 shows, there were one million total green cards issued during all of 2019, and 316,000 green cards issued under the categories suspended by Trump’s new executive order. The executive order is initially valid for 60 days (two months); a 60-day suspension of these categories would result in an estimated reduction of 52,600 green cards, or a reduction of 5.1% of all green cards relative to the total number issued in 2019.

However, it is impossible to know whether the executive order will remain in place for just two months, multiple years, or somewhere in between. Each additional 60 days would reduce the number by an additional 52,600, or an additional 5.1% of the annual green card total. If the executive order remains in force for one full year, it would result in a reduction of 316,000 green cards, or 31%, nearly one-third, of the one million green cards issued in 2019.

image.png

5 minutes ago, uncleleo said:

Interesting information:

As Table 1 shows, there were one million total green cards issued during all of 2019, and 316,000 green cards issued under the categories suspended by Trump’s new executive order. The executive order is initially valid for 60 days (two months); a 60-day suspension of these categories would result in an estimated reduction of 52,600 green cards, or a reduction of 5.1% of all green cards relative to the total number issued in 2019.

However, it is impossible to know whether the executive order will remain in place for just two months, multiple years, or somewhere in between. Each additional 60 days would reduce the number by an additional 52,600, or an additional 5.1% of the annual green card total. If the executive order remains in force for one full year, it would result in a reduction of 316,000 green cards, or 31%, nearly one-third, of the one million green cards issued in 2019.

image.png

I can’t see the table but the numbers for total issuance sound wrong. And if by “green cards issued” you include AOS, those are not subject to the ban.

Official DoS data show 462k immigrant visas issued in 2019 (down from previous years). Not a million. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport- TableII.pdf

However the number of around 300k being affected by the ban is correct.

10 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I can’t see the table but the numbers for total issuance sound wrong. And if by “green cards issued” you include AOS, those are not subject to the ban.

Official DoS data show 462k immigrant visas issued in 2019 (down from previous years). Not a million. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport- TableII.pdf

However the number of around 300k being affected by the ban is correct.

Thanks for sharing the link, good to know! Added the table as attachment in case it's not visible.

diagram.jpg

16 minutes ago, uncleleo said:

Thanks for sharing the link, good to know! Added the table as attachment in case it's not visible.

diagram.jpg

I still can’t see where they get that figure of a million from, unless over half a million people adjusted status. I prefer always using official data.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
6 hours ago, Unagi said:

Thank you soo much!!

I was starting to lose all hope!

The NOA1 was 12/16/2019. 

Never lose hope :no:

Very happy for you. 
Get ready for the NVC stage 👍

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/13/2020 at 9:32 AM, Unagi said:

After I-130 approval do we just wait for an email from NVC?

how long does it take typically to hear back from NVC?

Yes 

I heard within 2-3 days after approval 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone has any movement on their NVC documents being reviewed? I submitted about a month ago and still waiting  

I know the interview will likely be pushed due to COVID closures but just want to have my documents accepted And have some peace of mind in that aspect. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
1 hour ago, BatmanFlow said:

Anyone has any movement on their NVC documents being reviewed? I submitted about a month ago and still waiting  

I know the interview will likely be pushed due to COVID closures but just want to have my documents accepted And have some peace of mind in that aspect. 

I submitted May 18 and still waiting. I see on Facebook thread that the categories not affected by the ban are getting DQed so it’s sad but we have no choice but to wait🙏

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

1 hour ago, Bzegurl said:

I submitted May 18 and still waiting. I see on Facebook thread that the categories not affected by the ban are getting DQed so it’s sad but we have no choice but to wait🙏

They will review your documents, it’s just not a priority for them right now. I submitted everything on March 12 and it took 3 months to get reviewed. 

Hi did anyone get approval for I-130 without submitting parents birth certificate or affidavit? I have submitted their I-130 online but i dont have any of their birth certificate related document so wondering if that is needed now and would I get an RFE or would that be need to be submitted later when i have to submit the NVC documents. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/20/2020 at 12:00 PM, Milasa said:

They will review your documents, it’s just not a priority for them right now. I submitted everything on March 12 and it took 3 months to get reviewed. 

Hi Milasa,

Please tell me more clearly about your case? I submitted I-130 for my parents on March 08, 2020 from Union City, California; no no hear back from USCIS except of receiving the receipts. I read many conversation here and am so surprised there were many cases approved and waiting for visa to fly to the US. Also, I checked the processing time and knew that the cases are reviewed till Dec 23; but many cases submitted in Jan or Feb have been approved already.

2 hours ago, JessieDao said:

Hi Milasa,

Please tell me more clearly about your case? I submitted I-130 for my parents on March 08, 2020 from Union City, California; no no hear back from USCIS except of receiving the receipts. I read many conversation here and am so surprised there were many cases approved and waiting for visa to fly to the US. Also, I checked the processing time and knew that the cases are reviewed till Dec 23; but many cases submitted in Jan or Feb have been approved already.

I submitted I-130 in January 2019 it went to Nebraska service center and in December 2019 it got approved. In March we submitted all the documents  for NVC stage. So it’s been 1.5 years already. Just hoping she’ll have her interview early next year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.