2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, flyingmamba said:

Hi, did they do anything with the I-551 stamp? Like cancel it with a stamp "canceled without prejudice"? I'd be travelling after my oath and can't wait for the passport to arrive in the 6-12 weeks they advertise. Thanks

Your I-551 stamp will lose its validity at the date of the oath, just like a greencard. During oath you become a USC and an LPR document is no longer valid to enter the US. You’ll need to wait for the US passport. If you cannot postpone travel, you may want to consider rescheduling the oath for after travel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Cannot travel without US passport after taking oath. That’s why they offer expedited passport service for urgent travel needs

I guess that’s their option then. Not sure why some folks make travel plans before they got all their documents lined up, but who am I to say what their reasons are. It’s easier to book a flight than it is to get a passport, I wouldn’t be booking any flights until I have mine in my possession, and I would personally be prioritizing my schedule around USCIS as best as possible always, because they’re such a pain in the ### to deal with. 

Edited by zilchfox

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

19 hours ago, sls said:

Congratulations for your oath ! I was waiting for mine for almost 7 months after being recommended for approval. Today it was scheduled then cancelled ... did it happen to anyone ?

April 7, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
April 7, 2021 We cancelled the scheduled appointment for the oath ceremony for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
April 7, 2021 We scheduled you for an oath ceremony for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
April 7, 2021 Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.
April 7, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Yes this happened to me couple times. My interview was scheduled and cancelled. My oath was also scheduled and cancelled. Dont panick, it has nothing to do with you personally. I was bothering myself researching all these.

23 minutes ago, semilore said:

Yes this happened to me couple times. My interview was scheduled and cancelled. My oath was also scheduled and cancelled. Dont panick, it has nothing to do with you personally. I was bothering myself researching all these.

I have experience same thing my oath was scheduled and then oath cancelled. Do you get any update from them?

6 hours ago, zilchfox said:

I guess that’s their option then. Not sure why some folks make travel plans before they got all their documents lined up, but who am I to say what their reasons are. It’s easier to book a flight than it is to get a passport, I wouldn’t be booking any flights until I have mine in my possession, and I would personally be prioritizing my schedule around USCIS as best as possible always, because they’re such a pain in the ### to deal with. 

I see your point and agree with it. However, as an airline pilot it's more than just travel plans :)
I'll pay for same day passport. 

CR-1 Visa Journey

18/03/16 ............I-130 sent
21/03/16 ............I-130 delivered
21/03/16.............NOA1 (Nebraska)

24/03/16.............Cash Checked
30/03/16............ NOA1 Hard Copy
21/07/16.............NOA2!!!!

NVC

09/08/16.............NVC received file

26/08/16.............Case number, IIN and DS-261 submitted

30/08/16.............Paid AOS Bill

04/09/16.............Paid IV Bill
07/09/16.............Sent AOS & IV package
09/09/16.............Delivered package to NVC
12/09/16.............NVC Scan
28/10/16.............Checklist - Birth Certificate
21/11/16.............Second scan date
23/01/17.............Case complete!!!
03/02/17.............Interview date from NVC 16 March
04/02/17.............Email IV received 
05/04/17.............Entered USA

ROC
09/01/19.............Sent I-751
10/01/19.............Delivered I-751 
14/01/19.............Credit Card Charged $680

Timeline
7 minutes ago, flyingmamba said:

I see your point and agree with it. However, as an airline pilot it's more than just travel plans :)
I'll pay for same day passport. 

This has me crack up hahaha.

Are you working for an American Airline? Their HR should have a solution handy for this.

27 minutes ago, gogojogop said:

Thanks. Any news on your side? I am still waiting.

I have interview on May 6, You will hear very soon. I filed on Jan 27, 2020 and took 15 months to get an interview. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mycase17 said:

I have interview on May 6, You will hear very soon. I filed on Jan 27, 2020 and took 15 months to get an interview. 

Congrats! When did you get the notice? If you don't mind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Got my notice today. I'll have my interview mid-May. SF office. Yay! 

[01/17/2014] I-130, I-485, I-765 sent off to Chicago

[01/21/2014] (Day 01) Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

[01/27/2014] (Day 06) NOA1 confirmation txts + emails - Case files transferred to USCIS National Benefits Center

[01/30/2014] (Day 09) NOA1 hard copies in the mail

[02/03/2014] (Day 13) Biometrics Appointment letter for 02/19/2014

[02/04/2014] (Day 14) Biometrics Walk-In successful in Oakland

[02/10/2014] (Day 20) I-485 Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

[02/15/2014] (Day 25) NOA: Interview Date: 03/18/2014

[03/18/2014] (Day 57) Interview in SF; Online Status "Card in Production"

[03/27/2014] (Day 66) Green Card in the mail

Timeline

Passed the interview today, Newark NJ filer.

Newark does same day oath so I’m typing this sitting in the waiting room for the oath 🎉 what a journey.

Interview scheduled: March 8th

Interview: 4/20

Oath: 4/20

Can someone update me on the spreadsheet?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Passed the interview today, Newark NJ filer.

Newark does same day oath so I’m typing this sitting in the waiting room for the oath 🎉 what a journey.

Interview scheduled: March 8th

Interview: 4/20

Oath: 4/20

Can someone update me on the spreadsheet?

Thank you!

Congrats! I updated the sheet for you. :)

What questions did they ask you for the civics test?

[01/17/2014] I-130, I-485, I-765 sent off to Chicago

[01/21/2014] (Day 01) Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

[01/27/2014] (Day 06) NOA1 confirmation txts + emails - Case files transferred to USCIS National Benefits Center

[01/30/2014] (Day 09) NOA1 hard copies in the mail

[02/03/2014] (Day 13) Biometrics Appointment letter for 02/19/2014

[02/04/2014] (Day 14) Biometrics Walk-In successful in Oakland

[02/10/2014] (Day 20) I-485 Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

[02/15/2014] (Day 25) NOA: Interview Date: 03/18/2014

[03/18/2014] (Day 57) Interview in SF; Online Status "Card in Production"

[03/27/2014] (Day 66) Green Card in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.