2,317 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2021 at 5:10 PM, Quarknase said:

Those three documents are fine.

Since you filed under 3 year rule, you also need to prepare proof of bonafide relationship - filing under 3 year rule with VAWA waives the requirement to still live with the abuser, but the IO can ask you for relationship proof (from before you left the abuser). 
Pretty much the same as for everyone else applying under 3 year rule applies to you as well, except you don’t have to live with them anymore.

I personally wasn’t asked anything during the  interview (except the IO confirmed that I filed under VAWA). But they can ask, so you should bring as much proof as you can gather and if they ask then just be honest and explain why you don’t have anything else. They know of VAWA circumstances.

I don’t think that you need an attorney, but do whatever makes you feel comfortable!

I just want to keep you posted, I passed the interview and now wait for Oath ceremony's schedule!

The IO didn't ask anything about my Ex but when I got my Green card, before or after divorced which I got it after divorced.

She didn't even ask for any support documents state on the letter.

Thank you all again!

02/23/16 I-360 and I-765 Cases received

03/14/16 I-612 Waive Foreign Residence Requirements received (J-1 internship)

07/07/16 I-360 Request for additional evidence

07/27/16 I-360 Additional evidence received

09/09/16 I-360 Approved.

12/09/16 I-765 Service request sent

12/15/16 I-765 Approved.

05/26/17 DS-3035 for Hardship waiver sent to DOS to complete I-612 case.

06/16/17 I-612 Received approval notice.

08/15/17 I-485 Case received

09/25/17 Finger print.

10/03/17 My case was transferred to another office for processing.

10/05/17 I got the mail said my case sent to NBC (My case status online is nothing update)

10/10/17 I-131 and I-765 renewal received

11/24/17 Received my work permit with Advance payrole.

12/18/17 I got the mail for my interview in January, 2018.

01/29/18 Interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, MommyJ said:

I just want to keep you posted, I passed the interview and now wait for Oath ceremony's schedule!

The IO didn't ask anything about my Ex but when I got my Green card, before or after divorced which I got it after divorced.

She didn't even ask for any support documents state on the letter.

Thank you all again!

Awesome, congratulations and thank you for sharing the update 🎉

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
On 5/24/2021 at 5:27 PM, mycase17 said:

Yes you just gotta wait folks.  I waited for 15 months in Houston and waiting time really depends on your local office and also please note last year COVID really backlogged most of local offices. But they are playing catch up game, that's what at least my IO told me. 

Just hang in there... 

This is ridiculous. 16 months of waiting and two days ago, an "update" popped up: Estimated time until case decision: 12 months. 

11 hours ago, gogojogop said:

This is ridiculous. 16 months of waiting and two days ago, an "update" popped up: Estimated time until case decision: 12 months. 

You can ignore that. Mine one showed December 2021 when I checked Jan this year. My interview was on May and oath in the same month. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/9/2021 at 10:04 AM, mycase17 said:

You can ignore that. Mine one showed December 2021 when I checked Jan this year. My interview was on May and oath in the same month. 

Congratulation! See, it is a month later, and nothing changed. My completion time is showing 12 months. After one case of inquiry submission, two senators and one congressman asked for help. I want to ignore it, but it is too long: 17 months and 13 days since January 23, 2020. :-)  

On 7/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, gogojogop said:

Congratulation! See, it is a month later, and nothing changed. My completion time is showing 12 months. After one case of inquiry submission, two senators and one congressman asked for help. I want to ignore it, but it is too long: 17 months and 13 days since January 23, 2020. 🙂  

gogojogop, I feel you! I am going crazy because I have been waiting for my oath ceremony since 4 weeks ago. Your case is just too slow.

File July 8 2020

Bio Reuse notice April 17 2021

Interview scheduled notice April 27 2021

Interview June 2 2021

Oath Ceremony Will be Scheduled notice June 3 2021

Timeline
On 7/8/2021 at 10:32 PM, Crocs said:

gogojogop, I feel you! I am going crazy because I have been waiting for my oath ceremony since 4 weeks ago. Your case is just too slow.

Thanks, Crocs, but my case is not slow. It is ignored because people who filed in October 2020 got their interviews scheduled already.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:15 PM, gogojogop said:

Thanks, Crocs, but my case is not slow. It is ignored because people who filed in October 2020 got their interviews scheduled already.

I totally understood. I filed in July and there are a lot of people who filed in Sep got it down in May or June. I really have no idea how they process cases.

File July 8 2020

Bio Reuse notice April 17 2021

Interview scheduled notice April 27 2021

Interview June 2 2021

Oath Ceremony Will be Scheduled notice June 3 2021

On 7/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, JustBelieve said:

Any January 2020 filers from Dallas who still haven't got their interview scheduled? The delay is ridiculous

I'm a Dallas filler from Jan 2020. I did a status inquiry and they responded with "Our records indicate that your application is in queue to be scheduled for an interview by an Adjudicating Officer." on June 18 and I haven't had any update since then. And also the Estimated time* until case decision: shows approx. 12 months :( . Just a waiting game.

2 minutes ago, 1111111 said:

I'm a Dallas filler from Jan 2020. I did a status inquiry and they responded with "Our records indicate that your application is in queue to be scheduled for an interview by an Adjudicating Officer." on June 18 and I haven't had any update since then. And also the Estimated time* until case decision: shows approx. 12 months :( . Just a waiting game.

They are severarly understaffed and can't catch up with their backlog from 2019-20. It doesn't make any sense because I know people who applied in August and Dec 2020 and already have their naturalization completed & interview scheduled respectively.

2 hours ago, JustBelieve said:

They are severarly understaffed and can't catch up with their backlog from 2019-20. It doesn't make any sense because I know people who applied in August and Dec 2020 and already have their naturalization completed & interview scheduled respectively.

Sometimes they just do it so that their overall average of processing times stay within desired range..To do that , they will process some cases who applied very recently!

7 minutes ago, JustBelieve said:

Do you think that's fair since they claim "cases are processed in order they are received"?

I'm not making any statements on what is fair or what is the actual process being followed. I'm just makin a comment based on my observation. I do see people from May 2021, June 2021 and even some from July who have their interviews scheduled already. The only reason they prob do is to make their average processing times look better

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

On 7/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, 1111111 said:

Fellow Dallas filer here. Same date, no updates. They are not even giving me an estimated time of completion! Just says "things are taking longer than usual", like really??? You don't say...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.