2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, msdynamite said:

How good for you. Congratulations!!

my oath ceremony was scheduled for November 5! I am so happy it’s finally happening. What a crazy journey!

It feels great to finally be done!  

I attended my oath ceremony on Thursday. It took me a while to get my oath ceremony date scheduled perhaps because I decided to change my name. I still plan to use my birth name as my professional name. It is finally done! Now I gotta figure out how to add a “known as” name to my passport!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, CSJL1100 said:

I attended my oath ceremony on Thursday. It took me a while to get my oath ceremony date scheduled perhaps because I decided to change my name. I still plan to use my birth name as my professional name. It is finally done! Now I gotta figure out how to add a “known as” name to my passport!

Never heard of a "known as" name on a US passport.  They go by the name on the naturalization certificate.

Edited by gregcrs2

57 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Never heard of a "known as" name on a US passport.  They go by the name on the naturalization certificate.

Here is an excerpt from the State Department website.

A passport applicant who does not meet the criteria for a customary name change (see 8 FAM 403.1-4(E)), or who has assumed a name for professional or other bona fide reasons but keeps her/his legal name for other purposes, may have the assumed name included in the passport as a “known as” name along with the full legal name.”

7 hours ago, Semii said:

hello any atlanta filler here please share your timeline i applied on March 30 and they reuse my biometrics on September 04 now still waiting for interview schedule?

There are 3 Atlanta filers in this group. One had their interview before Covid closed the offices, and then had their oat in late July. The second had their April interview cancelled, and is waiting for a new appointment. The third is waiting for interview.

Clink the link for the January filers google doc spreadsheet in my signature.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Hi all. Does anyone know the process of applying for a passport directly after the Oath Ceremony? Should you bring passport photos with you or will they take photos there? 

I have my ceremony this Thursday, looking forward to it!

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, Winterbeard said:

Hi all. Does anyone know the process of applying for a passport directly after the Oath Ceremony? Should you bring passport photos with you or will they take photos there? 

You can bring photos with you or they may take passport pictures for you.  The key is that the photo requirements have to be met...

8 hours ago, Winterbeard said:

As @aa1979 said, you can bring photos or have the agent take the photo for you. We chose to have the agent do it. Less hassle and probably quicker. We had to schedule an appointment to submit the application. We were in and out in 15 minutes, with about half that time waiting in line to get the money order.

Remember, don't sign the application until the agent tells you to. Also, scan or make a copy of your Naturalization Certificate. You have to submit the original with the passport application.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

On 10/8/2020 at 3:42 PM, skeltzer said:

Just heard from my spouse - he passed his interview today! Wasn't able to get a same day oath, but the hard part is over. Will share his questions and more details later. Hooray!!!!!!

An update: spouse's oath ceremony is scheduled for Oct. 28! Here's hoping we can get him registered to vote quickly.

Married September 2015 in Canada after living with my now-husband for 2 years in Toronto
I-130 mailed from Toronto: 10/30/15
I-130 received: 11/3/15
NOA1 via email: 11/5/15 - case routed to CSC
NOA1 via snail mail: 11/17/15

NOA2 via email: 12/9/15!!!!!

NOA2 via snail mail: 12/16/15

NVC received case: 12/16/15

Case # and IIN over the phone: 1/4/16, assigned 12/29/15

DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid: 1/4/16

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: 1/8/16

Sent AOS and IV documents, received and paid IV fee: 1/11/16

Scan date: 1/12/16

DS-260 unlocked and completed: 1/13/16

Case complete: 2/18/2016

Interview date: 4/12/2016 -- visa approved!

CEAC status issued: 4/13/16

Arrival in US: 4/29/2016 !!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
26 minutes ago, skeltzer said:

An update: spouse's oath ceremony is scheduled for Oct. 28! Here's hoping we can get him registered to vote quickly.

I thought voter registration is closing today for NJ, is that not the case? Don’t register before the oath was taken 😁

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, skeltzer said:

6 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I thought voter registration is closing today for NJ, is that not the case? Don’t register before the oath was taken 😁

Please do not quote me on this, but I think if you take a proof of citizenship with you and your ID (with your current address) on the day of election, they would register/allow you to vote! I think but I am not sure.  I think the idea of registering you in advance is that so you don't have to prove you are a citizen everytime. You may want to check this information first before taking it. You could let us know if it worked!

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

so sad still no information for me,,😩😎

it seems, they prioritized the applicant base on 3 years rule first,,,hik hikk,, 

anyone here from cali,,any news or movement.,,

anyway,,good luck and congratulation  for anyone who did and pass the exam,,

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Had my oath ceremony yesterday. It was actually a disappointing affair, I don't know what I was expecting but no photos were taken or allowed and it took less than 10 minutes. I have now registered to vote, passport application will be sent off next week and then update my social security afterward.

All done with USCIS though, so that's good, even though, for me it has been a fairly painless journey, just a bit expensive. Best of luck to all still waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.