2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, asb3993 said:

Hooray!! I passed my interview this morning!

IO was extremely pleasant and friendly. She just went through some standard questions, asked me 6 civics questions and had to use my finger to write “we pay taxes” on the tablet. Asked about my last trip out of the country, asked if there was anything I needed to correct, and then went through all the eligibility questions. All very straight forward!

Boston isn’t currently doing same day oath, but because of exceptional medical circumstances (I’m due to have a baby next week) they managed to squeeze me in on Friday for my oath. 

I was so nervous last night and can’t believe it’s all over!! What a journey!

Good for you. Congratulations!

4 hours ago, Quarknase said:

To be fair - the Naturalization interview is the last stage where IO's are detecting fraud if it happens. We hear this often that folks are being scrutinized at this stage. Consider it as "trying to break people". I still believe that IO's should be competent and trained to detect when a sincere person is close to crying or a fraud is nervous of being caught, and no human in this world has the right to make another human feel degraded. Anyhow, you've made it through and unless you sponsor a foreign partner in the future, you're done with them :)

Just wait and see - I don't believe the oath will take 4 months. Hopefully you'll attempt on time to still register to vote :)

Nothing fair about it buddy. Marriages are reviewed twice even with divorce. The second green card is only granted after review, with or without interview. I agree with the other member the lady is just a bi@!&. What are they (USCIS)proposing, backtracking on their two previous decisions?? Very lame from USCIS do that. I read yesterday that  Now your American spouse is required to make 250% of poverty level so your green card is approved (about $42k)That’s way more than what the average single American make so how is that fair?? The agency is run by hardliners. I haven’t even gotten my interview yet but I’m prepared for whatever they throw at me. Tired of being afraid ,living like a rat. We came here to be free and live without fear. Has anyone achieved that? 

anyway congratulations for those who made it. In my book after all you been through, you citizenship is damm well deserved.

I just finished my interview :

I checked in , and waited in the waiting area with other people. There were several windows... and I didn't think the interview would be in front of everyone. Anyway, the officer was very nice and polite. 

We started by the swearing, then the questions : I answered all correct : Who was president during the great depression ? Who vetoes bills ? what s the capital of your state ? who is the chief justice ? who is the vice president ? Who is your US representative ? , then I had to read on the iPAd : Who can vote ? and I had to write : Citizens can vote . 

We then went over the NO questions and speeding ticket ( only had one) . 

We went over the oath : while asking me questions, I got emotional and tears in my eyes of happiness.

I was told the oath would be in few weeks, I wonder how long does it take for it to show on my account. It still shows : Scheduled for interview.

My wife applied for her passport Aug. 26. I just got a text from USPS with a tracking number and Status is Pre-Shipment. I went to the USPS Informed Delivery website, and it shows the package is in Hot Springs, AR, where there is a Passport Facility.
We checked the passport application status and it shows approved. Hot Springs is 50 miles away, so I think it will be here Friday.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 10:19 AM, asb3993 said:

Hooray!! I passed my interview this morning!

IO was extremely pleasant and friendly. She just went through some standard questions, asked me 6 civics questions and had to use my finger to write “we pay taxes” on the tablet. Asked about my last trip out of the country, asked if there was anything I needed to correct, and then went through all the eligibility questions. All very straight forward!

Boston isn’t currently doing same day oath, but because of exceptional medical circumstances (I’m due to have a baby next week) they managed to squeeze me in on Friday for my oath. 

I was so nervous last night and can’t believe it’s all over!! What a journey!

Congratulations... What were your civics questions and your reading sentence if you don't mind sharing with us? Thanks

My interview was scheduled for late October (USCIS Office: Baltimore, MD). I applied under the 3-year rule and my I-751 is still pending (only movement on that was a transfer to the NBC after I filed the N-400). Anyone know if there's a way to make sure this is a combo interview/should I bring my spouse with me? 

4 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations... What were your civics questions and your reading sentence if you don't mind sharing with us? Thanks

sure! Questions were:

1. Who makes federal laws?

2. If the president can no longer serve, who becomes president?

3. What is the highest court in the US?

4. Why did the colonists fight the British?

5. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?

6. Where is the Statue of Liberty?

I can’t remember what the reading sentence was, sorry! I think it was maybe something like “what do we pay to the government”, but I can’t totally remember. 

On 9/23/2020 at 10:51 AM, ShawnSpiker said:

You make me scared now. I have an interview soon and I am divorces I was for almost 3 years
I had the green card with no interview. but now I am just nerves. How would she/he (Officer) attack me. My relationship was real.
What type of questions and answers about the divorce could be?
Do you remember the questions?
Also congratulations. 
And what if you were denied? losing the Green Card as well? 

There is nothing to be scared of. Yes there are some officers out there that might be extra pushy because they are simply "not in the mood" but this should not scare you. I applied under 5 years rule with divorce and officer did not even ask single question but the divorce date. Nothing to be afraid of.

1 hour ago, 20032019 said:

My interview was scheduled for late October (USCIS Office: Baltimore, MD). I applied under the 3-year rule and my I-751 is still pending (only movement on that was a transfer to the NBC after I filed the N-400). Anyone know if there's a way to make sure this is a combo interview/should I bring my spouse with me? 

You appointment letter should say if your spouse is allowed to be with you. The paragraph is titled "Who should come with you?"

I waited outside the building while my wife had her interview. She was inside for about 30 minutes.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

1 hour ago, Winterbeard said:

All went well, was approved and now I wait for the oath ceremony appointment. How long does the case tracker take to update?

Nevermind, checked it and not only has it updated, it also said my oath ceremony has been scheduled! Just wait for that document to show up. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats to everybody who has seen some progress with their cases. Is there anyone from IL who has gotten any traction on theirs? This really gets me upset cause I really wanted to able to vote and now I can’t. I think they suppressing immigrant voter registration, I’m so mad. Been waiting with the rest of you guys since January and there is absolutely ntn on my case. It’s not like I can try to get it expedited 😣😩

I was recommended for approval yesterday do you have an idea on how long would it take to show an update that the oath is scheduled?

thank you 

it still shows Interview was scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.