APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Georgia16 said:

I didn’t say all. There have been many cases on here where people have i they were abused and wanted they vawa because it also give them access to USC after 3 years. It just makes it harder for those who really struggled and were abused. But bottom line is that they can apply after 3 years and don’t have to wait 5 years. 

Yes, that's true. But the poster stated that vawa was granted with removal of conditions which is impossible :) It was either divorce waiver or abuse waiver and if the person filed with both, they need to check approval notice which one was granted because only abuse waiver qualifies under 3 year rule that's why I recommended they do some homework before we can give advise :)

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Yes, that's true. But the poster stated that vawa was granted with removal of conditions which is impossible :) It was either divorce waiver or abuse waiver and if the person filed with both, they need to check approval notice which one was granted because only abuse waiver qualifies under 3 year rule that's why I recommended they do some homework before we can give advise :)

Just FYI- when someone applies for ROC and checks multiple boxes USCIS requires them to prove all boxes. So you cant just check off all the boxes randomly. If you check 2 you have to prove 2. So if they checked divorce and abuse and were approved they were approved for both. In rare cases- USCIS will notify you that you checked the abuse box but dont seem to qualify. They send you a long RFE outlining what you can send for proof of abuse. If you dont have such evidence you can request to drop the abuse box. Technically USCIS is under no obligation to remove the abuse box (and youd have to refile with just divorce) but they always seem to allow the drop as a courtesy. 

Bottom line is if you checked off both boxes and were approved its assumed you were approved under both. Unless you got that RFE or otherwise requested to drop the abuse box, USCIS wont drop it for you or not process it if that makes sense. So theres no chance you checked off abuse + divorce and they just decided to do divorce only. If abuse was dropped you would know about it because you wouldve had to request it being dropped. 

Im not posting this as a disagreement. Just offering additional information. I do agree the OP needs to clarify their situation for accurate advice as well. Most likely they did ROC with both abuse  + divorce and will qualify for 3yrs. If so they need to send their n400 on paper (not the online system as the online system will not accept it). There is also a link somewhere in the VAWA thread if you use search which has a letter you can print out and send with your n400 explaining policy on how you are eligible as a ROC abuse waiver. Its recommended to send it with your n400 as often the n400 is rejected improperly. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Just FYI- when someone applies for ROC and checks multiple boxes USCIS requires them to prove all boxes. So you cant just check off all the boxes randomly. If you check 2 you have to prove 2. So if they checked divorce and abuse and were approved they were approved for both. In rare cases- USCIS will notify you that you checked the abuse box but dont seem to qualify. They send you a long RFE outlining what you can send for proof of abuse. If you dont have such evidence you can request to drop the abuse box. Technically USCIS is under no obligation to remove the abuse box (and youd have to refile with just divorce) but they always seem to allow the drop as a courtesy. 

Bottom line is if you checked off both boxes and were approved its assumed you were approved under both. Unless you got that RFE or otherwise requested to drop the abuse box, USCIS wont drop it for you or not process it if that makes sense. So theres no chance you checked off abuse + divorce and they just decided to do divorce only. If abuse was dropped you would know about it because you wouldve had to request it being dropped. 

Im not posting this as a disagreement. Just offering additional information. I do agree the OP needs to clarify their situation for accurate advice as well. Most likely they did ROC with both abuse  + divorce and will qualify for 3yrs. If so they need to send their n400 on paper (not the online system as the online system will not accept it). There is also a link somewhere in the VAWA thread if you use search which has a letter you can print out and send with your n400 explaining policy on how you are eligible as a ROC abuse waiver. Its recommended to send it with your n400 as often the n400 is rejected improperly. 

Thank you for the clarification - your posts are always amazingly written and full of knowledge 🙌

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TillyDog said:

Thanks! It was all good... Nashville USCIS officers were very friendly. We (TillyDog is actually three people) actually were pilot video interviews, so the officer greeted us, took us to an office set up with a desk, an iPad, a printer ,and a place to put documents you'd signed or filled in. About 30 mins total from going back through to walking out with our approval notices. Now to wait for oath ceremonies to be scheduled (they said we would be advised by mail). While I was waiting for my interview (about 15 minutes), there were at least two small oath ceremonies conducted in a room to the side of the waiting room. 

Cheers,

TillyDog

Congrats!

10 minutes ago, TillyDog said:

Thanks! It was all good... Nashville USCIS officers were very friendly. We (TillyDog is actually three people) actually were pilot video interviews, so the officer greeted us, took us to an office set up with a desk, an iPad, a printer ,and a place to put documents you'd signed or filled in. About 30 mins total from going back through to walking out with our approval notices. Now to wait for oath ceremonies to be scheduled (they said we would be advised by mail). While I was waiting for my interview (about 15 minutes), there were at least two small oath ceremonies conducted in a room to the side of the waiting room. 

Cheers,

TillyDog

Can you please share with us your questions?

What did they asked you about your aplication? 

Were you wearing a mask?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

Can you please share with us your questions?

What did they asked you about your aplication? 

Were you wearing a mask?

Sure...

First, everyone is wearing a mask, and keeps a mask on whenever in shared areas. You can't even enter the building if you do not have one. Then you have to answer a set of questions about Covid-19 exposure or symptoms before you can go through security (which is basically the same as TSA Security at an airport).

When I went back with the officer, they took me to the video interview room, had me swear to tell the truth throughout the interview, and then left me in the office while they went back to theirs to conduct the interview remotely over video. They said I could remove my mask as soon as they left and my door was closed. They removed their mask when they sat down at their desk so we were mask-free over video.

Questions I was asked...

Who is the governor of your state?

Name a state that borders Canada.

What are the two parts of the Legislative Branch?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes the President?

Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.

How many senators are there?

They then reviewed all the questions in the application, standard biographical questions about family, where I lived, etc, details about my international travel history (but mainly checking that there had been no further travel since the last trip noted on my application), association memberships, current job and employer. Then they went through all the questions about moral standing, and I had to answer each one expressly.

All in all it was pretty straightforward, and nothing to worry about (even though I was stress-studying the 100 civics questions for weeks leading up to today)...

Cheers!

17 hours ago, TillyDog said:

Sure...

First, everyone is wearing a mask, and keeps a mask on whenever in shared areas. You can't even enter the building if you do not have one. Then you have to answer a set of questions about Covid-19 exposure or symptoms before you can go through security (which is basically the same as TSA Security at an airport).

When I went back with the officer, they took me to the video interview room, had me swear to tell the truth throughout the interview, and then left me in the office while they went back to theirs to conduct the interview remotely over video. They said I could remove my mask as soon as they left and my door was closed. They removed their mask when they sat down at their desk so we were mask-free over video.

Questions I was asked...

Who is the governor of your state?

Name a state that borders Canada.

What are the two parts of the Legislative Branch?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes the President?

Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.

How many senators are there?

They then reviewed all the questions in the application, standard biographical questions about family, where I lived, etc, details about my international travel history (but mainly checking that there had been no further travel since the last trip noted on my application), association memberships, current job and employer. Then they went through all the questions about moral standing, and I had to answer each one expressly.

All in all it was pretty straightforward, and nothing to worry about (even though I was stress-studying the 100 civics questions for weeks leading up to today)...

Cheers!

Thank you so much!

08/19/2020 - Interview 

I'm getting restless. Tampa isn't usually so slow, and with COVID cases on the rise I'm worried that im going to be postponed again if I get rescheduled.

Question: My GC expires November 2021, if my citizenship hasn't taken place by June 2021, am I right in thinking I would have to renew my GC despite having a citizenship case pending?

1 minute ago, Winterbeard said:

I'm getting restless. Tampa isn't usually so slow, and with COVID cases on the rise I'm worried that im going to be postponed again if I get rescheduled.

Question: My GC expires November 2021, if my citizenship hasn't taken place by June 2021, am I right in thinking I would have to renew my GC despite having a citizenship case pending?

I was thinking the same, I am in Miami FL. I  checked the closed offices its only show NewYork

08/19/2020 - Interview 

10 minutes ago, stg said:

Any Atlanta folks get their interview dates yet after de-schedule ?

I got my bios done mid feb and was excited for my interview on April 16, but then it was corona time.

I think there are 2 members with Atlanta as their field office. Lucardo3 had interview and was approved 3/5/2020. zilchfox had biometrics 2/12/2020 and is waiting for interview.

I added you to our spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, stg said:

Any Atlanta folks get their interview dates yet after de-schedule ?

I got my bios done mid feb and was excited for my interview on April 16, but then it was corona time.

stg, come join us!. Our bios was done late Feb (2/27) and we're still waiting for an original interview to be scheduled.

Edited by PonJor
spelling

Our Green Card Journey

Started dating: Nov 2010, Engaged: 4/20/2014, and Married: 11/3/2015 :wub:
I-130 sent: 12/16/2015
NOA1:12/21/2015
I-130 approved: 3/28/16
NOA2:4/1/16
NVC received:4/19/16
Case Number and Invoice Number received:4/28/16
AOS Bill and IV Bill received:4/29/16
AOS Bill and IV paid:5/2/16
Submitted 1-601a: 6/18/16
Received rejection notice of I-601a was "missing" the fee receipt: 7/6/16  :ranting:  Re-submitted I-601a: 7/11/16
Submitted AOS, IV, and DS-260 packages: 7/12/16
NVC scan date: 7/18/16
USCIS accepted waiver:7/19/16
Biometrics letter received:7/28/16
NVC case "complete" pending waiver approval: 8/4/16
Biometrics done:8/10/16
Waiver decision: 12/8/16 Approved!!! :dancing:
Case complete at NVC: 12/13/16
E-mail notification from NVC of appointment: 12/30/16
Medical scheduled: 02/20/17 and  Fingerprints scheduled: 02/21/17
Appointment at Mexican Consulate:02/22/17 AP due to unresolved court case in U.S that we were assured was no longer an issue😭
U.S judge finally accepted plea in absentia and signed paperwork arrived at Mexican Consulate:04/20/17
Visa approved: 04/25/17 Visa ready for pick up in Mexico City: 04/28/17
Hubby is home!!!: 05/01/17😊

Our Removing Conditions Journey

Package arrived home (sent 1 day too early) and resent with updated date on check/signed application: 2/25/19
Package arrived at Lewisville Texas: 2/26/19 10:25 a.m. signed by T. Edwards
Text stating case was received, (case number SRCXXX): 3/1/19 at 4:34 p.m.

Case transferred to MSC: 3/14/19

Received biometric appointment letter for 9/11/19 on 9/5/19

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview:9/18/19    Interview/approval:2/4/21. Card arrived:2/11/21

Our Citizenship Journey

N400 February 2020 Spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ejnUze1-LBRVcSUuXgsDR247G4bpImpUtFHL_xvtQ3w/edit?usp=sharing

N400 submitted online:2/2/20

NOA1:2/2/20 (arrived at home 2/6/20)

Biometrics scheduled:2/7/20 Document uploaded: 2/12/20 (arrived at home 2/13/20) and biometrics scheduled for: 2/27/20.

1 year I-551 Stamp received:10/20/20 

Appointment scheduled on 12/28 for 2/4/20:dance: In Line for Oath Ceremony: 6/16/21. Oath Ceremony scheduled on 6/17/21 for 7/9/21!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.