sseo89

Best way to bring my mother in law to US

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My wife is from Vietnam and we did get married and we filed for AOS and we are currently waiting for our interview. I'm wondering what is the best way to bring my mother in law to the states? Her health keeps getting more worse and health care in Vietnam is not the best. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Your wife will not be able to sponsor her for an immigrant visa until she is a citizen, so unfortunately if you’ve only just filed for AOS it’s going to be a few years yet before that can happen.

she can try get a B2 medical visa but the requirements can be quite stringent, and it’s not a permanent visa (and she still has to show usual B visa requirements too)

If you are seeking medical treatment in the United States, the consular officer may ask for further documents at your visa interview, which may include:

Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason you need treatment in the United States.

Letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States, stating they are willing to treat your specific ailment and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).

Proof that your transportation, medical, and living expenses in the United States will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either yours or the person or organization paying for your treatment).

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

sorry but there is nothing you can do. she can try to apply for a tourist visa and she has to show strong ties to her country. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you investigated the cost involved, anything serious from a medical perspective well there is no limit to the cost. Very few people could even contemplate this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She will be unable to sponsor her mother until she is a citizen.

public charge will be a BIG concern given her age and current health (and presumably in several years time it will be worse). How will YOU be able to provide her healthcare? She will not qualify for medicare. Private insurance will be EXTREMELY expensive and not cover everything.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.