3,047 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I got an RFE under my pending I-485 back on Dec 27... I didn’t get the notice yet... I contact my attorney... nothing... congressperson... nothing... I called USCIS nothing... I am planning to write a letter to Vermont requesting to resend the notice... but I feel very frustrated and cannot think clear and not even able to find a sample... I really don’t know what to put down 😤 I remember seeing something before here but I cannot find it... 

please, if anyone could help me with a sample, I will really appreciate it!

thanks in advance 🙂

1 hour ago, Islanderk said:

GN all I'm trying to file my taxes and I was wondering what category do we fall under a non resident alien or a resident alien.. well I've been present in the USA from September of 2017.. my vawa was submitted back may 2018 I got my ead in April my vawa approved in November 2019

File as a single only.. 

2 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

For knowledge sake, I started reading the previous threads .Let me say without hesitation ,if I found Attorney Sandranj anywhere ,I would've salute her.Its next to impossible to find such a devoted and selfless attorney the way she took care of each community member without any lust or greed---  In my  imagination she appears to me, as the lady holding torch i.e the Statue of Liberty.God bless you Sandranj and other knowledgable members of this community who help the victims and feel their pain.

She is truly a phenom! It is like God took her and planted her here because He knew many of the lawyers we will contacting here know absolutely nothing about vawa. That said, shoutout to the other people who are also active on this thread, you lot give me hope. 

Hi community congratulations to all folks who  got their approval and prayers for the one still waiting .head up I checked my status online and found out that they sent approval letter Friday. I need your prayers because my case is complicated.I am in removal procedure with immigration court since 2008. I applied for asylum  and during my individual hearing the judge let me know that he will denying the case that’s when my lawyer told him about my marriage abuse. The judge than said he is not gonna make a decision till I file the VAWA. Once I got prima facie my lawyer wrote a motion continuance  to the court. The judge put my case in docket. 

Now my lawyer said the government lawyer unlikely will accept an administrative closure.

question did anyone go through similar situation 

what can I expect ? And how long it will take to adjust the status? How are my chances for a relief?

its really a nightmare since 2008 all my life on hold for too long 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nadou said:

Hi community congratulations to all folks who  got their approval and prayers for the one still waiting .head up I checked my status online and found out that they sent approval letter Friday. I need your prayers because my case is complicated.I am in removal procedure with immigration court since 2008. I applied for asylum  and during my individual hearing the judge let me know that he will denying the case that’s when my lawyer told him about my marriage abuse. The judge than said he is not gonna make a decision till I file the VAWA. Once I got prima facie my lawyer wrote a motion continuance  to the court. The judge put my case in docket. 

Now my lawyer said the government lawyer unlikely will accept an administrative closure.

what can I expect ? And how long it will take to adjust the status? How are my chances for a relief?

I know of a similar case with a positive result. Happened long time ago to someone I know well. Congratulations on the I-360 approval! Based on this approval, it’s up to the immigration judge to decide your fate. Depends on the reason why they put you in removal proceedings in the first place. Yes, to live in the unknown like that since 2008, it’s really hell. My heart goes for you. Pray that the judge take mercy on you. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, portorusa said:

I know of a similar case with a positive result. Happened long time ago to someone I know well. Congratulations on the I-360 approval! Based on this approval, it’s up to the immigration judge to decide your fate. Depends on the reason why they put you in removal proceedings in the first place. Yes, to live in the unknown like that since 2008, it’s really hell. My heart goes for you. Pray that the judge take mercy on you. Good luck!

Thanks you @portorusa for your reply and for your empathy. Hopefully as you said the judge take mercy on me. It seems the DOJ of the actual administration made it hard  for judge i to administratively close cases. I m wondering what’s gonna happen if he denies my aoj 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night guys. I must say I find this forum very helpful and informative. Unfortunately I found out about the forum after I submitted my I-360. I couldnt afford the fees for the i485 so I haven't sent those off as yet.

I just submitted my vawa petition a week ago. I only submitted the I-360 and waiting to submit I-485, I-131 and work authorization. I am married to an abusive USC. 

My question is: Can I submit adjustment of status documents for my 2 kids along with mine? They are living here with me.

I would really appreciate your help, I do not have a lawyer so I filed my petition by myself.

7 hours ago, Nadou said:

Congrats,

When did you filed the i360 ? 

And what immigration court are you in ?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Hello everyone, I got a prima facie and here filling out a college admission application. It’s asking if I’m a citizen or permanent resident and to provide alien registration number. If not, I should specify the type of visa I have...which is a B2. Should I write B2 or write AOS pending with the alien registration number? 

Anyone, please, what should I do? @sandranj

Put Adjustment of Status pending.

20 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Good morning Community!
How are you all doing?
I have a quick question to you all! 
I am planning on moving to Houston, TX in 3 weeks due to a job offer.
Currently I live in California and local authorities issued me a DL (Real ID) for 5 years based on my current status (pending I485, I360 and EAD which I extend year by year).
So, I assume that TX is more strict and just checking if any of you live in TX and for how long you get a DL (Real ID) in TX being in our status? Only 1 year based on the expiration date of your EAD ?
Cause this is what I had living in Florida...only exactly till the exp date of EAD.
Anyways, would I be able to keep my California ID and still get a local DL or just ID in TX even for 1 year and then keep prolonging it. Will need it for proof of address purposes with banks and USCIS. How to do so ? Because I want to have this 5 years CA Real ID, it is great!
Any ideas and thoughts are welcome! Thank you :)

Texas gives you 1 year drivers license and you will have to renew it every year until you get your GC.. 

15 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Community - would you please advise what does prima facie determination give and also if one wants to go to college?

It offers some benefits you could hold on to before your case is decided. You can get FAFSA- incase you need to go to college like you stated, Medicaid, foodstamps, etc. So basically 👇

Public Benefits (cash aid, food stamps and medical insurance): Some states, including California, provide medical insurance, job development benefits, cash aid and food stamps to U Visa and VAWA applicants. If you are in a family with children and low-income, you may be eligible to get CalWORKS and full-scope Medi-Cal.

8 hours ago, Dom876 said:

Good night guys. I must say I find this forum very helpful and informative. Unfortunately I found out about the forum after I submitted my I-360. I couldnt afford the fees for the i485 so I haven't sent those off as yet.

I just submitted my vawa petition a week ago. I only submitted the I-360 and waiting to submit I-485, I-131 and work authorization. I am married to an abusive USC. 

My question is: Can I submit adjustment of status documents for my 2 kids along with mine? They are living here with me.

I would really appreciate your help, I do not have a lawyer so I filed my petition by myself.

I believe you can if they were abused as well. If not they can only benefit after you get your Greencard. Check with Sandra for confirmation. These are the information I gathered here. Try to read previous threads too, it's very helpful. Also you are married to a USC you should file i485 and i765. Goodluck in your journey!🙏

5 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

After approval, how long does it take for Vermont to transfer i485 to local office? My vawa got approved on November 2019. 3 months already passed

It should be transferred soon. Mine was approved April 2019 and transferred June 2019. Sometimes you're not notified..it just goes to the local office. Check with your congressperson.👍

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

After approval, how long does it take for Vermont to transfer i485 to local office? My vawa got approved on November 2019. 3 months already passed

It should have been transferred to your local office by now. after approval, it is usually being transferred to your local office within 30 days. it is possible you were not notified. some people do get notified while some don't. I for instance, didn't get notified of my file transfer but I received a courtesy letter within the 30 days of receiving my approval letter. I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.