ishatu

Phillipine petitions

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Do anybody know why Phillipine petitions get approved so much faster than any other country? My receipt date is the 27th of Aug and i see approvals (noa2) for Phillipines who filled on the 29th of Aug? ..Help me understand. I thought petitions are done in the order they are received.

Edited by ishatu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, ishatu said:

Do anybody know why Phillipine petitions get approved so much faster than any other country? My receipt date is the 27th of Aug and i see approvals (noa2) for Phillipines who filled on the 29th of Aug? ..Help me understand. I thought petitions are done in the order they are received.

Has nothing to do with country of the beneficiary.   Its is generally in order but not perfectly in order. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

32 minutes ago, ishatu said:

Not true for the i129f phase. For k1 phase, yes bec Manila embassy usually has very short ap, if any.

It may just seem the PH is getting noa2s faster since there are a lot more people with Filipino fiances hence it pops up on the list more frequently

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

We decided very early on in our immigration journey that the only petition that we need to be concerned about is our own. We were happy for other folks having good fortune on their immigration journey. We are all stuck on the same leaky boat, the USS USCIS, some of the folks have longer sojourns than others, some have shorter, that is the way it goes. We never had the time, energy, or inclination to worry about what other people were doing, we have our own life to live. C'est la vie !

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Soo easy for you to say now that your wait is over. We all know that some ar longer than others and i am always happy to see another get approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, ishatu said:

Soo easy for you to say now that your wait is over. We all know that some ar longer than others and i am always happy to see another get approved.

Well then you should have filed in early 2018 when petitions were taking 8 mos.

YMMV

There will always be those who are not satisfied with the cards that were dealt to them from life's deck. Just my observation.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, ishatu said:

The "grass is greener" syndrome happens in life all the time. It is just amplified with the added stress that the immigration process puts on people. Even if you are at a restaurant and see a family get their meal before yours it makes you feel a certain way.

Honesty, it is not beneficial mentally or emotionally to try to make sense of the different timelines. Some embassies move faster than others. Just like some lines move faster than others. there is no way to understand it in detail. We just know that not every one is going to be like the others. The fastest K1 visa approval (from petition to interview) I have seen was 4 months. Good for them.

One thing we do know is that the Philippines has had one of the highest number of K1 visas issuance in the world for many years running, Their case load is way higher than most countries. This may have caused them to revamp their methods and/or gain the resources to be more efficient. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/NIVDetailTables/FY18NIVDetailTable.pdf

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

I'm from the Philippines and we waited almost 5 months (140 days to be exact) before our petition got approved. Still waiting for it to be transferred to NVC.

I was stressed out because I saw MANY people -- from the Philippines and other countries as well (even the "tougher" ones) -- who got approved in 90 days or less. I was happy for people who got approved early but I was hoping for good news for us as well. I stopped going on here and Facebook groups for a while because it wasn't healthy for me.

Also, as it turns out, approved in 90 days or less wasn't always the case. I stressed myself out for nothing. I've seen plenty of people, who sent their petitions waaay after we did, are already done with the process and some are in the US already. But I learned to just trust the process and to wait for the perfect timing. We had no choice. You still can't control when it will get approved no matter how much you think about why your case is taking longer than others.

It is definitely easier said than done, but try not to compare.

Best of luck and God bless you both. 

Edited by chxakx

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, Unlockable said:

The "grass is greener" syndrome happens in life all the time. It is just amplified with the added stress that the immigration process puts on people. Even if you are at a restaurant and see a family get their meal before yours it makes you feel a certain way.

Honesty, it is not beneficial mentally or emotionally to try to make sense of the different timelines. Some embassies move faster than others. Just like some lines move faster than others. there is no way to understand it in detail. We just know that not every one is going to be like the others. The fastest K1 visa approval (from petition to interview) I have seen was 4 months. Good for them.

One thing we do know is that the Philippines has had one of the highest number of K1 visas issuance in the world for many years running, Their case load is way higher than most countries. This may have caused them to revamp their methods and/or gain the resources to be more efficient. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/NIVDetailTables/FY18NIVDetailTable.pdf

Yep, the grass is always greener over the septic tank! :thumbs::lol:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
20 hours ago, ishatu said:

Oh, so my family still have to go finish it and go after USC, so don't you even mention to me about it is so easy for me and our wait is over.:wow: BTW, our almost 700 days of our immigration journey thus far were certainly not a walk in the park and we still have more until we finish.:protest:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
On 12/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, Pitaya said:

Oh, so my family still have to go finish it and go after USC, so don't you even mention to me about it is so easy for me and our wait is over.:wow: BTW, our almost 700 days of our immigration journey thus far were certainly not a walk in the park and we still have more until we finish.:protest:

Well maybe I should have said most Philippine petitions in the k'-1 stage get approved quicker than other countries.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, ishatu said:

Well maybe I should have said most Philippine petitions in the k'-1 stage get approved quicker than other countries.

There's no evidence that petition processing time has any correlation to the beneficiary's country.

You see more fast-moving Philippine petitions because there are more Philippine petitions, period (about 20% of K-1s are from there, far more than any other country), so more of the fast ones are from there. But one of the slowest from my month (May 2018) was from there too.

At the visa stage, there are significant differences by country, due to differences in backlog, perceived fraud risk, perceived security risks, and other local conditions (war, domestic unrest, natural disasters, diplomatic situations limiting embassy staff, etc).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

2 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

There's no evidence that petition processing time has any correlation to the beneficiary's country.

You see more fast-moving Philippine petitions because there are more Philippine petitions, period (about 20% of K-1s are from there, far more than any other country), so more of the fast ones are from there. But one of the slowest from my month (May 2018) was from there too.

At the visa stage, there are significant differences by country, due to differences in backlog, perceived fraud risk, perceived security risks, and other local conditions (war, domestic unrest, natural disasters, diplomatic situations limiting embassy staff, etc).

Shhhhhh Dave. We were hoping this one would die a fast death. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, ishatu said:

That hasn't happened for years now.   That only happened after typhoon Yolanda  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.