6 posts in this topic

Hello good morning I wanted to ask a question

My fiancée is from Venezuela but lives in Colombia with a two year permission only. I want to submit the k1 paperwork with a lawyer but a bunch of lawyers keep telling me that there is a travel ban from President Trumps law. One lawyer even told me that there is a 5% chance she can get accepted as a k1. Some lawyers don't even call me back. My question is do you know anyone that has had a recent case after President Trump's law that have either been rejected or approved with a k1 visa? Thank you and God Bless!! I really need help. My fiancée and I are really depressed because everything seems so difficult and almost impossible. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hola Buenos dias. Queria preguntarle algo. 

Mi comprometida es de Venezuela pero vive en Colombia solo con permiso. Yo quiero meter los papeles igual a ustedes del k1 visa. Varios abogados me dicen que pueda que la niegen por el travel ban osea Venezuela esta en una lista negra de Estados Unidos. Han escuchados otros casos recientes de que los acepten a los Venezolanos o los niegan?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

I'm not certain, but I believe only certain "officials" and their families from Venezuela are currently banned, and not regular citizens. 

You can search on here and find the message board for Venezuela and gather more information there.

You may also want to consider getting married and filing a spousal visa vs. the fiance visa as there are a few more benefits to that, especially if you are worried about encountering any issues due to where your fiance is from.

Good luck! 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

13 minutes ago, kris&me said:

Yeah that's not how that works for people from Venezuela at all. The travel ban is only for certain people in the Maduro regime and not the ordinary people 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/24/new-travel-ban-adds-north-korea-venezuela/698645001/

But the new order bars only a handful of Venezuelan government officials and their families, including officials involved in "screening and vetting procedures" at Venezuela's Ministry of the Popular Power for Interior, Justice and Peace; the Administrative Service of Identification, Migration and Immigration and other agencies.

1 hour ago, Titoblackspecv said:

Hello good morning I wanted to ask a question

My fiancée is from Venezuela but lives in Colombia with a two year permission only. I want to submit the k1 paperwork with a lawyer but a bunch of lawyers keep telling me that there is a travel ban from President Trumps law. One lawyer even told me that there is a 5% chance she can get accepted as a k1. Some lawyers don't even call me back. My question is do you know anyone that has had a recent case after President Trump's law that have either been rejected or approved with a k1 visa? Thank you and God Bless!! I really need help. My fiancée and I are really depressed because everything seems so difficult and almost impossible. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hola Buenos dias. Queria preguntarle algo. 

Mi comprometida es de Venezuela pero vive en Colombia solo con permiso. Yo quiero meter los papeles igual a ustedes del k1 visa. Varios abogados me dicen que pueda que la niegen por el travel ban osea Venezuela esta en una lista negra de Estados Unidos. Han escuchados otros casos recientes de que los acepten a los Venezolanos o los niegan?

As long as your fiancé did not work for the government then you should be fine. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You may consider contacting the virtual Venezuelan embassy:

On March 11, 2019, the Department of State announced the temporary suspension of operations of U.S. Embassy Caracas and withdrawal of diplomatic personnel. All consular services are suspended. Immigrant visa applicants should contact IVBogota@state.gov for additional instructions.  Nonimmigrant visa applicants can apply at any U.S. embassy or consulate in another country. For more information regarding applying for nonimmigrant visas, please visit travel.state.gov.

The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. immigration law. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.

See our Directory of Visa Categories  on usvisas.state.gov  to determine which visa category might be appropriate for your purpose of travel to the United States.

REF: https://ve.usembassy.gov/visas/

U.S. VIRTUAL EMBASSY, VENEZUELA

Visas

U.S. Citizen Services

Our Relationship

Education & Culture

Embassy

News & Events

Privacy

Sitemap

U.S. EMBASSY

Venezuela Affairs Unit
Carrera 45 No. 24B-27 Bogotá, D.C. Colombia
U.S. Citizen Services: 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.