Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

BUT they are depending on other countries to "respond" to background checks.

But I thought they don't conduct background checks on k1 beneficiaries at USCIS level?  Forgive me if am wrong. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

But I thought they don't conduct background checks on k1 beneficiaries at USCIS level?  Forgive me if am wrong. 

USCIS performs background checks* on both individuals as part of the Form I-129F adjudication.
*Background checks include checks of criminal, national security, and other information.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

And

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_ibbcs.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

USCIS performs background checks* on both individuals as part of the Form I-129F adjudication.
*Background checks include checks of criminal, national security, and other information.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

And

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_ibbcs.pdf

Impressive and massive data collection God bless the USA....But it seems to me with all these systems  that data verification and background checks  can be done in a matter of 30 mins . so why is it taking months?

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

2 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Impressive and massive data collection God bless the USA....But it seems to me with all these systems that data verification and background checks can be done in a matter of 30 mins. so why is it taking months?

It hinges on the turnaround or cooperation of the country who is asked to reply on the background check inquiry. If there is no government that presents a problem, for instance, in a place like Syria it is near impossible. Also, other countries that are not cooperative with the US will be slow with answers or none. Many countries are just getting up and running with computer systems. We just don't know what an IO faces when doing background checks on applicants.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Im not following your logic here. Sorry. Are you saying that USCIS knows which of their employees are not working and those who are, the work should be redistributed? I believe that has happened already. You see we don't know what is behind the scenes here. We think we know but we don't. I posted a link in the NOA1 "why" it takes so long. It's not in this group as Sarge started this thread but it is in mine. Search it out, it would enlighten your knowledge. It did mine.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying, and since you say that has already been done I guess my opinion was correct. I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes because there really isn’t any reasoning to the way the applications are being approved, so I gave my short response and moved on.....I checked it out, very enlightening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Another week of no approvals for our group 😔. It makes me a little bit sad. (119 days for me)
Anyway, I wish everyone of you strength and patience. Have a wonderful weekend, encourage yourselfs and your fiancé/fiancées and spend some quality time over the phone or together if you’re lucky. 

Next week, it’ll be a new one and hopefully it will bring good news for this group! 🧡

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ali&Ed said:

Another week of no approvals for our group 😔. It makes me a little bit sad. (119 days for me)
Anyway, I wish everyone of you strength and patience. Have a wonderful weekend, encourage yourselfs and your fiancé/fiancées and spend some quality time over the phone or together if you’re lucky. 

Next week, it’ll be a new one and hopefully it will bring good news for this group! 🧡

I think they flipped around January/December petitions 🤪

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ali&Ed said:

Thanks for the positive vibes. Very much appreciated!!! Looking forward to next week❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 minutes ago, liv&ren said:

123 days for me.. still waiting for approval. Glad to know I am not the only one from December still waiting. 

Ohh no. You’re not alone. 🧡

Timeline
3 hours ago, CamGeniia said:

First time posting in here, but very nice to see all the encouragement. I check the USCIS page and this forum about 150 times a day 😂. Good weekend to everyone!

Welcome!! We’re encouraging  most of the time lol

2 hours ago, CamGeniia said:

Thank you. I hope next week is a good one for all of us.

🙏🏽🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.