Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2020 at 6:46 AM, fluffykim said:

Random question but my husband’s visa expired September 6 but his passport is still valid can we travel domestically with his Noa1 letter even though the visa is expired

Domestically no problem  just make sure he has proof of filing the AOS, his  passport and Marriage certificate and any other ID in case he is asked  CBP officers do hang out at selected TSA locations and airports.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

16 hours ago, fluffykim said:

our biometrics fee accepted 12/31!  so exciting

They try to get you your biometrics appt in less than 30 days. Happens real quick considering USCIS and what you/we are used too.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

6 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Domestically no problem  just make sure he has proof of filing the AOS, his  passport and Marriage certificate and any other ID in case he is asked  CBP officers do hang out at selected TSA locations and airports.

Curious to know, where have you seen (or heard of) CBP officers outside of their post as you say at TSA locations or other areas of the airport? 

59 minutes ago, Erin86 said:

Curious to know, where have you seen (or heard of) CBP officers outside of their post as you say at TSA locations or other areas of the airport? 

I read it somewhere it was an interview with a ICE officer I meant ICE I'm sorry my error. It's  no guarded secret especially  at the area's they designate. I suppose you can google it to learn  more. You'd be fooling yourself not to take heed  though. But CBP can and do patrol domestic airports, google it.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

14 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I read it somewhere it was an interview with a ICE officer I meant ICE I'm sorry my error. It's  no guarded secret especially  at the area's they designate. I suppose you can google it to learn  more. You'd be fooling yourself not to take heed  though. But CBP can and do patrol domestic airports, google it.

Ok ICE makes more sense to me, in some areas... they are looking for illegal stays though, not people like us. About CBP patrols, my husband is a CBP officer and works at an airport (so I will confirm with him) and I worked at JFK... never seen CBP agents by TSA. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Applied for K1 AOS sent EAD & Advance Parole package along with Affidavit of support on Dec 18th, 2019 . Received I-797C on Dec 20th, 2019. Bio-metric appointment letter received

Edited by passionate003

14 minutes ago, passionate003 said:

Applied for K1 AOS sent EAD & Advance Parole package along with Affidavit of support on Dec 18th, 2019 . Received I-797C on Dec 20th, 2019. Bio-metric appointment letter received

Very good, congratulations and welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi @Sarge2155! Nice to see you here

Not a good end of 2019 and start of the year for me in terms of my AOS application

Submitted 12/5/19

Delivered by USPS 12/9/19

Still no word, email, sms or credit card transaction from USCIS until now 😢

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Misis O said:

Not a good end of 2019 and start of the year for me in terms of my AOS application

Submitted 12/5/19

I'm so sorry you are having this issue.  As you can see by this thread several of us are/were.  It took us the entire 30 days to receive our NO1 for the AOS, and when the hard copy came it has his name spelled wrong 😕   We also have to resubmit the i765 cuz we stupidly left the last 3 pages off but of course we can't even do that until they send us the correctly NO1 with his name spelled right.   Have hope!  It's comin!  (hopefully in the next few days!

55 minutes ago, Misis O said:

Submitted 12/5/19

Ahh hi there! I would not stress too too much sometimes it takes while, but it's  bound to come it has to. Just a little bit longer.  I would say next week since it's  back to normal schedule for USCIS. Don't  worry you're good!

Citizenship Complete!

38 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

I'm so sorry you are having this issue.  As you can see by this thread several of us are/were.  It took us the entire 30 days to receive our NO1 for the AOS, and when the hard copy came it has his name spelled wrong 😕   We also have to resubmit the i765 cuz we stupidly left the last 3 pages off but of course we can't even do that until they send us the correctly NO1 with his name spelled right.   Have hope!  It's comin!  (hopefully in the next few days!

I agree it's  coming!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Misis O said:

Submitted 12/5/19

I’m in the same situation as you. My application delivered on 12/10/19. Still have not received NOA1 yet. 

1 hour ago, aazimban said:

I’m in the same situation as you. My application delivered on 12/10/19. Still have not received NOA1 yet. 

It's  sure to be here soon!

Citizenship Complete!

15 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Quick question - was it 30 days or 30 business days?... Trying to stay hopeful for getting something soon 😤😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.