Rasel_Cool

I130 Case Denied after sending RFE | f2a & f2b, now appealing (merged)

364 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

IMG-982b6c2e14833657fff329566700f151-V.j

And finally all 3 cases are approved ( 2 old one new).  Learning from this journey: never listen to anyone if u think u r right. Use ur brain and do whatever feels right. People will tell u things but u gotta ignore and do things ur way if u think u are in right path. Live example: this thread of my denied cases and all the discouraging comment of people who thought I could never win. 

Edited by Rasel_Cool

Timeline
On 11/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, Going through said:

What would I have done?  I would have not appealed and instead swallowed the fee, completed the DNA and refiled from the beginning.  A few of us suggested that earlier in this thread when you were questioning whether USCIS would accept your appeal without DNA results.  

Im glad i m not u 😁

Timeline
On 6/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, Paul & Mary said:

It you want someone's attention just tag them use the @ and user name like >>>>>  @Rasel_Cool

Like @SusieQQQsaid - try not to shoot yourself in the foot.  Get a consolation with an immigration attorney that does BIA appeals.  Pissing off DHS and DOJ isn't a good plan even if you THINK you are right and a few veterans here (that you keep tagging) say your case is dead in the water.

Whats ur opinion now huh?

9 minutes ago, Rasel_Cool said:

Whats ur opinion now huh?

You may have won that battle.  Let me know when you get the VISAs (and if you get the VISAs).  And compute the time you lost by not refiling and tell me which was faster.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You may have won that battle.  Let me know when you get the VISAs (and if you get the VISAs).  And compute the time you lost by not refiling and tell me which was faster.

Sure I will. Note: i would hv to wait 7 more years if i refiled.  Now i hv to wait 1or 2 yrs.  And u still think i wont get the visa? Very harsh and discouraging.

Edited by Rasel_Cool

On 9/3/2021 at 12:00 PM, Rasel_Cool said:

Sure I will. Note: i would hv to wait 7 more years if i refiled.  Now i hv to wait 1or 2 yrs.  And u still think i wont get the visa? Very harsh and discouraging.

You get back what you put out there.....

On 9/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, Rasel_Cool said:

IMG-982b6c2e14833657fff329566700f151-V.j

And finally all 3 cases are approved ( 2 old one new).  Learning from this journey: never listen to anyone if u think u r right. Use ur brain and do whatever feels right. People will tell u things but u gotta ignore and do things ur way if u think u are in right path. Live example: this thread of my denied cases and all the discouraging comment of people who thought I could never win. 

Did you accidentally post that it was reopened, rather than approved?

1 hour ago, Rasel_Cool said:

Yes. All 3 are apprved 

Mildly curious why you didn’t post the status update showing the approval then, it seemed from the date you had posted an up to date status that just said case was reopened and being reviewed?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
21 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Mildly curious why you didn’t post the status update showing the approval then, it seemed from the date you had posted an up to date status that just said case was reopened and being reviewed?

I uploaded the approval screenshot but unfortunately slected the reopen status while uploading.  Im uploading again no worries

Timeline
30 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

64225f14-b3e2-49ef-93f6-4b10fb53febd.jpg

Here you go uploaded the approval

Timeline
39 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I like it u are always curious

Excellent, so the lessons of the story are:

1. Most important (you guys could have avoided all of this hassle) by a full response to the initial RFE including DNA

2. If you haven’t done that, use a motion to reopen because that allows new evidence to be submitted

Is that right?

Timeline
4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Excellent, so the lessons of the story are:

1. Most important (you guys could have avoided all of this hassle) by a full response to the initial RFE including DNA

2. If you haven’t done that, use a motion to reopen because that allows new evidence to be submitted

Is that right?

1. Yes.Dna would help approve the case without any hussle.

2. Yes. Evryone who are facing same problem as me should go for Motion to reopen or reconsider with proper evidence+ dna result ( or atleast dna receipt). One more thing is motion to reopen and reconsider takes less time than appeal.

Addition: no matter if u appeal or motion before sending it to BIA usics intially review ur appeal or motion so there is chances that they might adjust it by looking at the new evidence you provide for appeal or motion. 

Edited by Rasel_Cool

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, Andy & Val said:

I don't know if it's only me, but in my time here at VJ so far, I am still to read one success story including lawyers.

I am on the same page with you, I got two different lawyers and had a very bad experience with both of them. Paid fees to both lawyers but it was a Waste of Time, Money & Energy. I was telling them the next step to be done (From my own research). They were just following the steps I was bringing to their notice. It looked like I am their lawyer rather than them.  

1st lawyer experience: She said, I can get my Visa in maybe 6 months (Its been 4 and half years now) and she withdrawn from my case in the middle, just because I asked her 'Who would be responsible if my visa is rejected'? (Obviously! she didn't liked my question). I asked this because she forgot to attach an important attestation stamp paper in my file which was sent to USCIS, as a result, I got RFE. This RFE delayed my process more by 7 months which could have been avoided easily had this lawyer handled my case properly... I mean seriously, if we are to receive RFE from USCIS then what's the point of keeping an immigration lawyer? They are so called expert immigration lawyer who can't even handle our case properly. 

2nd lawyer experience: He said again same thing that I can get my visa in 6 months. (It is more than 2 years with this lawyer - Such a big lie ). He didn't gave or explained my options that I had to visit or stay with my family in usa (Even though I asked him what are my options. I did a research on my own and told him about Advance Parole option. Then he asked for a whopping amount of $12000 to file for my advance parole (With less than 10% chance of getting visa). Robber !! 

I advice everyone, DO NOT go for lawyers .They don't care about your case , forget about apology, they don't even show a sympathy for such long waits we had to do (for their mistakes) and we have to figure out everything on our own. They show immigration experience of 16+ years in their websites but act as if they are too new to the process. Infact, we have to spoon feed them all process. (What's the use of having them with us ??? Huhhhh)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.