kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, tophbeifong said:

When you file the i 130 online are you randomly assigned a service center, or are most petitions ending up in the same center these days?

there's no difference whether online or not.

they determine internally where it goes, they do not all go to the same service center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Baljot Singh said:

hey we are applying online for i130 all the information is filled but i have a querry regarding additional evidence.How to prepare pics,arrange call logs and screenshot of the social media and way in which they should be prepared and upladed . Hope you'll reply soon

I sent you a message with a helpful guide :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Baljot Singh said:

hey we are applying online for i130 all the information is filled but i have a querry regarding additional evidence.How to prepare pics,arrange call logs and screenshot of the social media and way in which they should be prepared and upladed . Hope you'll reply soon

that all sounds like stuff you were supposed to send with the initial application.

anything else you would bring to the interview unless you get an RFE

Hello, i am submitting i-130 online form and have question regarding attaching US passport photo's .

Just to clarify, instead of directly uploading digital passport photo's; it needs to be printed then scan the photo both side and then upload it right ?
If so, how did you end up scanning the pictures? The 2x2 picture is scanned on a Letter format page so there's a big white gap, should I take that out?

Thank you!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Gami19 said:

Hello, i am submitting i-130 online form and have question regarding attaching US passport photo's .

Just to clarify, instead of directly uploading digital passport photo's; it needs to be printed then scan the photo both side and then upload it right ?
If so, how did you end up scanning the pictures? The 2x2 picture is scanned on a Letter format page so there's a big white gap, should I take that out?

Thank you!

You need to scan the actual photo size, there should be a crop setting when you're scanning

21 hours ago, Gami19 said:

Thank you!

I disagree with what some others have said about photos.  If you have a qualified 2X2 digital photo, just upload it.  No need to print, sign the back, reupload, etc. 

I did it and no issues.  And in the online app, it just says upload, nothing about signing, I think.  After I saw that the online form did not really work perfectly with the old printed instructions, I just followed what the online form directed me to do.

My opinion is that signing the back of a photo is only for hard copy mail-in submissions.  Can you imagine having 20 files on your desk and you see a photo lying on the floor, without a sig on the back?  Big problem!  Online submission is made to eliminate those old fashioned issues.  Unfortunately, there is not a specially adapted set of printed instructions for online filing.  Just follow the online form.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, seekingthetruth said:

I disagree with what some others have said about photos.  If you have a qualified 2X2 digital photo, just upload it.  No need to print, sign the back, reupload, etc. 

I did it and no issues. 

Same here. No issues. Just upload it.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Hi guys, I wanted to ask if there is a thread on this forum related to I-130 NVC stage? I tried searching for it, but I couldn’t find one  specifically for spouse visa. 

Actually, the I-130 and the NVC (DS-260) are two different stages in the immigrant visa process. You probably have to be a bit more specific as to what you are looking to find the right thread.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.