150 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, JW93 said:

800 375 5283

Explain its been over 30 days since you filed and no biometrics notice, they can submit a request for one for you.

Unfortunately this is only an automated recording line. I tried almost every single option that made any sense. Do they have another number? Or is there some secret code to gain access to a human being? I tried status update, I tried appointment request, and I dialed through every menu for other options. Each end point was just information. I attempted pressing 0 and # to try and get to an operator or person, and it also didn't work. 

5 hours ago, CDNgirl09 said:

Hey guys!

Just did my biometrics appt in Alexandria, Va. Was in and out in about 20 mins total. 

Recap:

Filed: 11/12/2019

Received Texts : 11/19/2019

Received Hard copies: 11/ 24/2019

Received Biometrics Letter: 11/29/2019

Biometrics complete: 12/12/2019.

Trying to expedite now for a job offer I'm expecting in the next few days. Any idea how long fingerprinting takes to process on average?

Super annoying. We are in NoVa, filed beginning of October, NOA received 10/17 (a month before you received texts) and no bio metrics letter or appointment. Must be awesome to be lucky. were over 2 months since we filed and other than an NOA received a month and a half ago we have no case update/information.

33 minutes ago, Fennik said:

Unfortunately this is only an automated recording line. I tried almost every single option that made any sense. Do they have another number? Or is there some secret code to gain access to a human being? I tried status update, I tried appointment request, and I dialed through every menu for other options. Each end point was just information. I attempted pressing 0 and # to try and get to an operator or person, and it also didn't work. 

Change of address always got me through.

Biometrics are done. 2 and a half hours for everything

AOS (I-485, I-130 & I-765)

11/05/2019 - Package mailed

11/06/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)

11/14/2019 - Received text message receipts (for the 3 forms)

11/15/2019 - Check cashed

11/18/2019 - Received hard copies of the NOAs (I-797C) for the 3 forms with a notice date of 11/13/2019

11/29/2019 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment on 12/13/2019 (notice date: 11/22/2019)

12/13/2019 - Biometrics done

12/13/2019 - Case updated saying fingerprints were taken (text notification)

1/16/2020 - Case updated saying my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

My biometrics appointment took 15 minutes overall (~5 mins checking in and waiting time, ~5 mins where one agent tried to get the fingerprints but there were some system issues, and ~5 mins for another agent to do it). USCIS case status got updated online (fingerprints received) the same day. 

My 2019-2020 AOS (I-130 & I-485) Timeline:

Nov. 8 - Sent application via USPS

Nov. 10 (Day 1) - USPS notification of delivery to USCIS

Nov. 18 (Day 9) - USCIS charged credit card. Received text notifications from USCIS with case number (Checked case numbers to see following statuses: 11/12 - Case was received, 11/18 - Fingerprint fee was received)
Nov. 22 (Day 13) - Received physical I-797C notice letters with notice date of 11/12
Nov. 29 (Day 20) - Received biometrics notice letter for 12/12 biometrics appointment (No status changes in online USCIS case trackers)

Dec. 6 (Day 27) - Called USCIS customer care and received an email copy of biometrics notice as I had misplaced the original one

Dec. 12 (Day 33) - Biometrics Appointment. Case status online updated to fingerprints received.

Jan. 21 (Day 73) - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Biometrics took 15 mins max today, super easy, case changed to fingerprints received online.

Finally things starting to get on track. I was also told biometrics does not delay a case, it will still progress you just need to have it done so the ead / green card can be granted.

18 hours ago, JW93 said:

Biometrics took 15 mins max today, super easy, case changed to fingerprints received online.

Finally things starting to get on track. I was also told biometrics does not delay a case, it will still progress you just need to have it done so the ead / green card can be granted.

Good to hear you have finally made some headway in your case

On 12/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, JW93 said:

800 375 5283

Explain its been over 30 days since you filed and no biometrics notice, they can submit a request for one for you.

Unfortunately even change of address has no option for a human. I don't think its possible to get a human on the line.

21 minutes ago, Islandgirl93 said:

Change of address does get you to a rep. I use that option all the time 

Alright - It worked this time. You motivated me to try again. Not sure why I missed the press 6 part last time. Seems like the microphone is sensitive and they reset often. Probably my own fault. 

Thanks @Islandgirl93 and @JW93

UPDATE:

Biometrics has been scheduled

Edited by Fennik

28 minutes ago, Fennik said:

Alright - It worked this time. You motivated me to try again. Not sure why I missed the press 6 part last time. Seems like the microphone is sensitive and they reset often. Probably my own fault. 

Thanks @Islandgirl93 and @JW93

UPDATE:

Biometrics has been scheduled

Yay keep us posted!!  Happy to be of help. 

Here’s my timeline so far: 

11/5 - sent concurrent filing application for AOS to Chicago Lockbox

11/9 - Application shows delivered

11/15 - Check cashed

11/19 - (it was around this date), received receipt notices in the mail with an 11/12 priority date

11/25 - Received biometrics notice

12/10 - Biometrics completed
12/11 - Status updates to fingerprints received 

12/13 - EAD and i485 updates to say “finger prints have been applied to case”

What’s the next update I can expect? 

waiting game begins. I’m feeling hopeless looking at timelines! 

On 12/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, CDNgirl09 said:

Hey guys!

Just did my biometrics appt in Alexandria, Va. Was in and out in about 20 mins total. 

Recap:

Filed: 11/12/2019

Received Texts : 11/19/2019

Received Hard copies: 11/ 24/2019

Received Biometrics Letter: 11/29/2019

Biometrics complete: 12/12/2019.

Trying to expedite now for a job offer I'm expecting in the next few days. Any idea how long fingerprinting takes to process on average?

Hello, I was wondering if I need to go to the biometrics appointment with my husband ( who’s the US citizen)? Did you go alone 

1 minute ago, JOY1994 said:

Hello, I was wondering if I need to go to the biometrics appointment with my husband ( who’s the US citizen)? Did you go alone 

You can go alone. You are not required to go with your spouse.

My 2019-2020 AOS (I-130 & I-485) Timeline:

Nov. 8 - Sent application via USPS

Nov. 10 (Day 1) - USPS notification of delivery to USCIS

Nov. 18 (Day 9) - USCIS charged credit card. Received text notifications from USCIS with case number (Checked case numbers to see following statuses: 11/12 - Case was received, 11/18 - Fingerprint fee was received)
Nov. 22 (Day 13) - Received physical I-797C notice letters with notice date of 11/12
Nov. 29 (Day 20) - Received biometrics notice letter for 12/12 biometrics appointment (No status changes in online USCIS case trackers)

Dec. 6 (Day 27) - Called USCIS customer care and received an email copy of biometrics notice as I had misplaced the original one

Dec. 12 (Day 33) - Biometrics Appointment. Case status online updated to fingerprints received.

Jan. 21 (Day 73) - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Hello ,

here’s my timeline so far 

11/22/2019: package sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox 

11/25/2019 : Usps shows package was received 

12/02/2019: received NOA’s via text 

12/03/2019: checks were cashed 

12/09/2019 : received physical letters 

12/14/2019 : biometrics appointment letter received

now I have a question about the biometrics appointment. Do I need to go there with my husband ?

4 minutes ago, Ashley Marin said:

You can go alone. You are not required to go with your spouse.

Thank you !! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.